selby hauliers

Wheel Nut:

artic monkey:
yes theres 3 units and a trailer in the field they also have a foden two stroke up at the other farm at thorpe willoughby

Someone should grab a few pictures of the trucks and let us see them on here

sorry for revamping an old thread but I live in Selby and this weekend I will receive my new D-slr camera. I shall go and photo the 3 old Campeys trucks in this field in the next few weeks. I’ll ask permission then I can get close up and have a proper nosey about. Also while I’m there I’ll go up to the other yard and photo the 2 stroke Foden they also have.

here’s a rather blurred google maps image of her…

campey is still going the son paul runs it now.

This Scania 92 was based near Selby at Middlebrook Mushrooms which was a Wincanton contract. It was despatched to Maltby in 1994 via Grantham (to have a dockspotter fitted).I think one of our TSMs at Maltby was at Middlebrooks originally and may even have driven for H Campey,his name was Malcolm Chilvers.

I used to go to Middlebrook mushrooms when it was in Brayton nr selby. As a kid it was a long distance run from Bradford to Selby with my dad in his 7.5 tonne Ford Cargo. full up to the back doors with those blue cardboard mushroom punnets. all hand ball, no forklifts or pallets. We’d get there and get stuck in, 10 year old lad hand balling off thousands of these bundles of punnets then button the curtainsider up and pull it out into the car park whilst Dad was in the canteen having a brew. ahh good days

Mooney & morley scanias at rest, photo taken at breakers yard on A1079 between york & pocklington.

has any body got any pictures of haulage companys from selby or goole and sourounding areas such as holmans or wrights transport

Or Campeys?. Harpers or Ringrose

would that be aldred and harper or harpers from east cottinworth

i got some of gruber who are based in goole…

artic monkey:
would that be aldred and harper or harpers from east cottinworth

Its Sharper by Harper from East Cottingwith and Howdendyke.

I am amazed that no one else has ever come up with pictures of those Fodens from Campeys, there were 100’s of em

theres 3 of there old fodens parked in a field at the side of selby bypass

yer there campys those old ones arnt they artic? in the field

yes theres 3 units and a trailer in the field they also have a foden two stroke up at the other farm at thorpe willoughby

didnt campeys close in the 80s? my dads firm bought 3 curtainsiders from the auction after closure i went with him to collect.What state are the trucks in are they too far gone for preservation?

artic monkey:

Someone should grab a few pictures of the trucks and let us see them on here

i think it was 1985 when they had the auction these old units dont look too bad but theres no glass in the cabs and they had been stood at one of there wharehouses for years before they moved them too ware they are now

We will soon have them looking like new pins :stuck_out_tongue:

Isnt hindsight wonderful?

I could have probably begged one of them when Campey closed the doors.

What about Mooney and Morley from Selby,or have I asked this before on a different thread?

Can’t remember. :blush:

Chris Webb:
What about Mooney and Morley from Selby,or have I asked this before on a different thread?

Can’t remember. :blush:

You did but it cannot help to ask others again.

:laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ney+morley