Seeking advice from anyone that has fought to see their kids

I feel for you fella.
I had exactly the same situation, I decided it was best just to walk away why the boy was young enough to forget me.
Bloody hard descion, but had to do it.

fnf.org.uk

there is a fnf scotland as well (i have spent 10 years in and out of court, case is now at the high court)

if its got anything to do with DV they will get legal aid, if you have been arrested that will be used as a fact why you cannot see your child. the standard of proof in a civil court is very low

kemperink:
http://fnf.org.uk

there is a fnf scotland as well (i have spent 10 years in and out of court, case is now at the high court)

if its got anything to do with DV they will get legal aid, if you have been arrested that will be used as a fact why you cannot see your child. the standard of proof in a civil court is very low

I’ve not been arrested, only questioned and was released with absolutely nothing around my neck (No bail etc) and it was considered a malicious complaint.

I have a huge amount of evidence so far, quality…I’m not a pro so I don’t know if it’s worth anything but as an example of one minor thing I have a handwritten letter from the manager of Barclays in Picadilly stating I have an account with his name on it that I pay money into.

He stays with me 4 days a week and has done so without issue since the dawn of time! I have statements from ‘expert witnesses’ that give their opinion on the situation and what they think should happen.

Thankfully something positive today.

Met with two solicitors who both (After showing them evidence and explaining everything) have both told me I have a ■■■■ good chance here.

stagedriver:

Met with two solicitors who both (After showing them evidence and explaining everything) have both told me I have a ■■■■ good chance here.

Some good news then :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you read the kink I put on earlier :question:

animal:

stagedriver:

Did you read the link I put on earlier :question:

R
It does’nt sound like it Ang : :arrow_right: :unamused: :

stagedriver:
I have statements from ‘expert witnesses’ that give their opinion on the situation and what they think should happen.

just trying to give you info of how the courts act :wink:

a expert witness can only be appointed by a court (see children’s act)

buy a Dictaphone and record everything, you may never need the recordings but when your ex is on the stand been whiter than white, playing back what they are really like helps :laughing:

The bugger is I did have plenty of recordings but as we had been great friends for the past year or so I ended up getting rid of them, I didn’t see the need for them anymore.

Whiter than white yes, but she doesn’t really have anything on me other than ‘hes a ■■■■’. I have photographs of his room, my house (To show the kind of established facilities he has here) days out with and without mum, things we do together, videos of him with me and saying daddy etc, a letter from the manager of Barclays confirming I hold an account with his name on it etc etc…

General things like that. But we will just need to wait and see.

davepenn54:

animal:

stagedriver:

Did you read the link I put on earlier :question:

It does’nt sound like it Ang : :arrow_right: :unamused: :

Sound like he is just posting & not reading :unamused: :bulb:

Sorry I did read it, it’s a happy tale thankfully but I just keep hearing negative stories as well as positive ones and honestly, don’t know what to believe outside of the solicitors office.

You have to take 1 day at a time & be very patient with things it did take Dave Penn a long time for his to come through

hello, for me its the opposite, kids do not forget , they feel loss too… my little one has, gosh ! i wish he would come and see her… we were not right together but i do wish he would come and see rosie… not a day goes by when she asks about him wants to send him one of her gobbly goop texts or chatter on the phone about silly things, she misses his stories, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder , it hurts me , i wish he was as devoted like you are.
As adults its up to us to protect our little ones, he must miss you, its been hard for rosie and we have had a few tears.
Nothing bad happened between us , for him to stop seeing her, she adored him and i am not sure he has understood what a presence he made on her world…
I hope you get to see the litte one , he wont forget you , \i cant comment on why his mum feels like she does, but if nothing bad happened between you, then i hope you see the little chap again.
All kids need is love and security they really dont forget and dont understand .
hug from us two ■■

solicitors will tell you what you want to hear :wink:

Thanks for your kind words Rosie.

Solicitors may tell me what I want to hear, but the courts along with various father’s right’s groups are telling me the exact same.

stagedriver:
Thanks for your kind words Rosie.

Solicitors may tell me what I want to hear, but the courts along with various father’s right’s groups are telling me the exact same.

if the courts were saying the same thing then it would be easy no disrespect as you said your not a biological parent in law technically you dont have a leg to stand on

time to start worrying is if cafcas become involved

Just an update for you all, I’m in court on Friday.

Turns out I have both legs to stand on and a whole lot more.

The courts don’t give a ■■■■ about biology, they only care about what he considers his parents.

stagedriver:
Just an update for you all, I’m in court on Friday.

Turns out I have both legs to stand on and a whole lot more.

The courts don’t give a ■■■■ about biology, they only care about what he considers his parents.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you

Thanks mate, Will keep you updated on the ol’ Bookface.

stagedriver:

Thats a change for the better IMO