Seeking advice from anyone that has fought to see their kids

never give up and put the stupid thoughts you are having to the back of your mind

a mate of mine hasnt been able to see or have any kind of contact with his daughter for the last 12 years he never gave up thinking he will see her again
now he is seeing her more or less every week and to top it all off she is round his house for xmas

good luck to you

It’s that other perspective I’m trying to understand, why should some men put up with the product of a woman who can’t keep her legs closed…!?

Pimpdaddy:
It’s that other perspective I’m trying to understand, why should some men put up with the product of a woman who can’t keep her legs closed…!?

I take it you are auditioning for a replacement to Jeremy Kyle.

But seriously. Why should those kids not have a stable father figure to look up to?

For the love of god. This is not a thread for a debate guys. I’ve asked if anyone with experience can help - not opinion.

The police, a solicitor, online forums, others with similar experience have all told me the same thing: Biology means nowt.

It goes in my favour that I’ve been there since birth etc however as I have a genuine reason to seek responsibility then I am well placed.

The dom abuse team at the police have told me where I stand and I am ensuring I am whiter than white, I just feel so bad for him that he is suffering. He’s two and a half but by god does he know what is going on. Sadly she is the ‘victim’ in all this but it’s just very hard that I can’t make any progress for a week and a half and even then I’ll need to wait to see if she responds.

To give you an idea of what I’m up against…Shes going to get the police to take MY computer from me because she wants the pictures of him for herself.

So thank you for your kind words but I know that the law has given me the key to the door by allowing me a chance to fight for him, I now just need to unlock it and hopefully open it.

Today was very hard. ■■■■ it was impossible but I think that’s the hard part over for now.

dar1976:

But seriously. Why should those kids not have a stable father figure to look up to?

I have to start looking to other things you know, haulage is dead lol
They should have a stable father figure yes, I just believe it should be their biological one…

Please read the link in my 1st post on this very careful & you may find / unlock some doors

It wont be easy but it can happen

stagedriver:
The police, a solicitor, online forums, others with similar experience have all told me the same thing: Biology means nowt.

It goes in my favour that I’ve been there since birth etc however as I have a genuine reason to seek responsibility then I am well placed.

I must admit to having my eyes opened by that as I and probably many others assumed that either being the biological/adoptive parent or being married would be a must to proceed further - it seems the law might just have caught up with modern trends :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:

dar1976:

I have to start looking to other things you know, haulage is dead lol
They should have a stable father figure yes, I just believe it should be their biological one…

Agreed it should be there biological father but that is not alway the case as we know as we dont live in an ideal world things happen people change

I for 1 resent you post about women opening there legs maybe men shouldnt stick there ■■■■ where not wanted :bulb:

I was married had 2 children we then split up no fault of the children does that mean I should stay single :question: as in your eyes I should as I opened my legs as you so put it & he should stay single :question: as he has 2 children

Take care of your own-not others, that’s what I’m saying…

Pimpdaddy:

Luckily for my kids I get to do both.

Pimpdaddy:

Yep I do take care of mine but does that mean that I cant have a man around as well as he would also have to get on with my kids

You can do as you please, whatever makes you happy…

@stagedriver if you have looked at the link that animal posted you will see that I have been through a similar fight over the last 12mths and I can assure it hasn’t been an easy time.
As it’s xmas day evening I’m feeling way too knackered to go into detail now :open_mouth: It’s been the first Xmas without my partner Michelle and my first Xmas as a single parent again for over 20yrs :astonished: so I will get back to this thread tomorrow with some advice that I feel might be useful to you.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Kids aren’t daft, doesn’t matter what the mother does, if they love you as their dad that bond cannot be broken by her, even if it took years from now,
They would always want to find their dad (biological or not) so don’t give in ,stay strong for your daughter/son ,
cause in the future they will need you, [zb] the mother if she want’sto be a b’hatch let her get on with it, as said kids aren’t stupid they pick on stuff a lot more than you may think,

stagedriver:

Gosh! Is this is not where society has failed? Or is that me being old fashioned.

I do wish stagedriver all the best and hopes he gets the result he wants by the way.

chester:

stagedriver:

Gosh! Is this is not where society has failed? Or is that me being old fashioned.

I understand where you’re coming from, chester, cos I’m a bit old fashioned as well :smiley: Family values etc seem to have taken a bit of a back seat because an awful lot of people seem to be scared of NOT being pc and being branded yet another -ism! :unamused:

However, in stagedriver’s first post ( Can anyone else see the humour/irony in that? :smiley: ) he clearly said that he had become a part of the little lads life when he was still in the womb. I have no idea about the legal stance but in my book that makes him as much of a parent as any biological one…possibly moreso because he’s still in the lads life - and, more to the point, wants to be! :slight_smile:

stagedriver, I salute you Sir. It won’t be easy for you but it is a wonderful thing that you are doing. I wish you well and look forward to you coming back and telling us how you and YOUR son are getting on :wink: :smiley:

tommy t:
Kids aren’t daft, doesn’t matter what the mother does, if they love you as their dad that bond cannot be broken by her, even if it took years from now,
They would always want to find their dad (biological or not) so don’t give in ,stay strong for your daughter/son ,
cause in the future they will need you, [zb] the mother if she want’sto be a b’hatch let her get on with it, as said kids aren’t stupid they pick on stuff a lot more than you may think,

+1

Totally agree with you there, that’s exactly what happened to me, my son worked it all out over the years :slight_smile:

Piston broke:

chester:

stagedriver:

I understand where you’re coming from, chester, cos I’m a bit old fashioned as well :smiley: Family values etc seem to have taken a bit of a back seat because an awful lot of people seem to be scared of NOT being pc and being branded yet another -ism! :unamused:

However, in stagedriver’s first post ( Can anyone else see the humour/irony in that? :smiley: ) he clearly said that he had become a part of the little lads life when he was still in the womb. I have no idea about the legal stance but in my book that makes him as much of a parent as any biological one…possibly moreso because he’s still in the lads life - and, more to the point, wants to be! :slight_smile:

stagedriver, I salute you Sir. It won’t be easy for you but it is a wonderful thing that you are doing. I wish you well and look forward to you coming back and telling us how you and YOUR son are getting on :wink: :smiley:

Exactly what I’m basing my case on. Thank you all for your kind words. I don’t know how I got through yesterday but 8 days to go until I can start the ball rolling.

stagedriver:
I don’t know how I got through yesterday but 8 days to go until I can start the ball rolling.

stagedriver,

This is indeed a tough time for you, but I salute you because you’re going about it in a fair and legal way.
You also have some wise and supportive words from good folks in this forum.

From what’s been written by those who have been in a similar situation (of which I have no experience,) you seem to have a good chance of achieving your wishes, and I’d like to add my own hope that you’re successful in your efforts.