Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Bewick:

coomsey:

bubbleman:
Hiya all,heres another bunch of cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thats without exception the oddest single ram tipping trailer I’ve ever seen on Knowles photo, wonder how many operators bought one?

It also looks like it has a Tamplin power pack on the trailer “coomsey” so the unit isn’t piped with a PTO. So it looks like it is a genuine error with the description of the shot ! Cheers Dennis.

Maybes Dennis that or some journalist ballsing up as usual

Briggs and Stratton petrol engines on tipper packs ! It was only a couple of isolated instances IIRC as our tippers mainly carried Pig Iron, Coal and Frag metals. We did a few loads of grain into Carrs of Silloth but I don’t recall any problem there. As for the speed of tipping the 16HP engine was well up to the job as I recall and the only reason we used that method was we could swap units but as I have said previously tippers and flats didn’t mix so I eventually sold the tipping trailers and gave up that traffic. Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Neither was the single-cylinder Lister diesel I had on one of mine!

No Casey it was probably you they didn’t want in the grain store, not the diesel engine, just so you wouldn’t nick a bagful to feed the Boar in The Forrest ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Read you like a book ! Cheers Dennis.

Sorry Mr Berwick you have it all wrong this is what he turned up on

IMG_1024.JPG
With stabilizers on, then when he coud see over the top

IMG_1031.JPG
Tin hat ready Ade

Hello again,heres a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Same trucks Bubbs ! :wink:

Hiya all,Thanks Dean for the Guy pic,nice to see the driver getting a look in!,more from the cuttings box again today.Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img733.jpg

Larrys Variety Photos 010.JPG

Larrys Variety Photos 012.JPG

Albert Dale was featured in a LDD with that MAN Bubbs ! :wink:

And this was one of his previous steeds! Pic by Roy Mead. Robert

18738834_222760554895133_1633042301538165237_o.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hi were was the Atlas express picture taken

I took it at Grosmont Steam Railway Station at the weekend, Funnily enough I used to get return loads from them when In Glasgow in the 50/60s Era, Regards Larry.

bubbleman:
Hello again,heres a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Very purposeful-looking Rear Steer Atki there! Complete with ‘View-Line’ mirror arms

bubbleman:
Hiya all,I don’t know if many of you have noticed but all the pics I put on via Photobucket which are all the ones I posted early on in this thread have all disappeared.This I believe is they want payment to keep them visable.I’m not the only poster to lose pics,Pete359 has lost his pics on the South Wales thread and contributions from 240gardner have also gone…I feel this is such a shame as all those pictures have gone forever…I wondered whether I should repost the clippings on here as I still have them or start a new thread as Scrapbook2. Would I be boring everyone as they have all been seen before.Heres a few oldies anyway,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Have they? Thanks Marc, I didn’t know that mine had disappeared

The Atkinson view-line did it have a 10-speed david -brown gearbox as a test motor or is it
a mis print. :question: :question: :question: :question: - :question: :question: :question: :question:

Hello again,Heres todays offering…anyone remember Neville Dumptrailers?,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

HHT

Hiya again,heres todays clippings…love the bit of rope chucked over the container on the first pic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

lurpak:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Neither was the single-cylinder Lister diesel I had on one of mine!

No Casey it was probably you they didn’t want in the grain store, not the diesel engine, just so you wouldn’t nick a bagful to feed the Boar in The Forrest ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Read you like a book ! Cheers Dennis.

Sorry Mr Berwick you have it all wrong this is what he turned up on
With stabilizers on, then when he coud see over the top
Tin hat ready Ade

Is that Bewick chap paying you to post hurtful comments about me,Ade?