Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Hiya,Great to know that the Maggie of Progressive brought back good memories for Steve(Progressive) and his Dad…maybe another in the clippings box…you never know! :smiley: ,Also John(Stanfield) yes that Sed/Atk of Fells probably fell into Dennis’s hands…he may have replied about it when I first posted it but as you know all the early pics have gone,perhaps if he sees it he will reply :smiley: …ok heres a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Stanfield:
The K Fell Sed Atki would have been on the fleet when Dennis (Bewick) bought them out I imagine. Great to see this thread up and running again Bubbs cheers for that.

It sure was John as it had been the last motor to join the fleet prior to me buying them out 6 months later. But looking at that publicity shot when the unit was new it does show up the rubbish sheets that Fells were using and, bless him, that’s the great Alf Bellamy RIP in the shot and R & S was never his strong point ! but boy could he get through the work once we re-organised them and used shunters to load trailers in the Libby factory , there was no more “scabby” examples of loads like that one in the shot. Alf regularly completed three round trips to London and often returned North to Hartlepool where he tipped and reloaded off the Dock back to Milnthorpe. I would add that a number of our other Lads got through the same amount of work but there was only 2 or 3 that could “live” with Alf !! Cheers Dennis.

bubbleman:
Hiya again,Nice words Ray…I must admit I came across the pic by chance :blush: ,Heres a few more clippings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Those Key Warehousing Highwaymen sure were “relics of the past” i.e. from the 50’s even though they were mid 60’s regs. I wonder who it was at the firm thought they were still worth buying ? Cheers Bewick.

Hiya,Great info from Dennis about the Fells Sed/Atk…Heres a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Another one of Hudsons Bubbs ! :wink:

BN0023.JPG

Two of my Curtainsiders in the 1980s, and my last HGV, An extremely reliable Mercedes-Benz 1820.
Regards, Ray Smyth. Ray Smyth Transport.

ezydriver:

Retired Old ■■■■:

And yer’s mine!

I’m sure that’s a M registered motor. I drove that one day for Bratt’s back in 2005! I did 2 stores round Blackpool for Tesco.

Must have been not long after I left, pal. That unit had been driven by the same driver from new until he came a cropper with a load of steel pipes and did extensive damage. It was presented to me having been fitted with a new cab and lasted me until I moved on to my next job. Only problem I ever had was with water entering the ECU when I got too busy with the power washer. It was a fairly regular occurrence on Monday mornings to wait on the hard shoulder for the ERF chap to arrive on his motor bike with the laptop! Super lorry, though, with the 11 litre ■■■■■■■ and twin splitter 'box.

ezydriver:

Retired Old ■■■■:

And yer’s mine!

I’m sure that’s a M registered motor. I drove that one day for Bratt’s back in 2005! I did 2 stores round Blackpool for Tesco.

Must have been not long after I left, pal. That unit had been driven by the same driver from new until he came a cropper with a load of steel pipes and did extensive damage. It was presented to me having been fitted with a new cab and lasted me until I moved on to my next job. Only problem I ever had was with water entering the ECU when I got too busy with the power washer. It was a fairly regular occurrence on Monday mornings to wait on the hard shoulder for the ERF chap to arrive on his motor bike with the laptop! Super lorry, though, with the 11 litre ■■■■■■■ and twin splitter 'box.

Hiya all,heres another bunch of cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img288.jpg

img245.jpg

bubbleman:

Thats without exception the oddest single ram tipping trailer I’ve ever seen on Knowles photo, wonder how many operators bought one?

coomsey:

bubbleman:

Thats without exception the oddest single ram tipping trailer I’ve ever seen on Knowles photo, wonder how many operators bought one?

It also looks like it has a Tamplin power pack on the trailer “coomsey” so the unit isn’t piped with a PTO. So it looks like it is a genuine error with the description of the shot ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

coomsey:

bubbleman:

It also looks like it has a Tamplin power pack on the trailer “coomsey” so the unit isn’t piped with a PTO. So it looks like it is a genuine error with the description of the shot ! Cheers Dennis.

Well spotted Dennis, heres an advert for Tamplin. :wink:

DEANB:

Bewick:

coomsey:

bubbleman:

Well spotted Dennis, heres an advert for Tamplin. :wink:

Hiya Dean,
The Tamplin Power Packs I had on three tipping trailers were Briggs and Stratton 16 HP single cylinder petrol engines. They were not welcome in some grain stores. Cheers Dennis.

Neither was the single-cylinder Lister diesel I had on one of mine!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Neither was the single-cylinder Lister diesel I had on one of mine!

No Casey it was probably you they didn’t want in the grain store, not the diesel engine, just so you wouldn’t nick a bagful to feed the Boar in The Forrest ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Read you like a book ! Cheers Dennis.

Can’t resist taking the Mick out of the old 'uns, as usual! :wink:

Bewick:
Hiya Dean,
The Tamplin Power Packs I had on three tipping trailers were Briggs and Stratton 16 HP single cylinder petrol engines. They were not welcome in some grain stores. Cheers Dennis.

Hello Dennis, why were they not welcome ■■ Were they too noisey compared to a truck engine and maybe
too slow to lift the tipper ■■?

DEANB:

Bewick:
Hiya Dean,

Hello Dennis, why were they not welcome ■■ Were they too noisey compared to a truck engine and maybe
too slow to lift the tipper ■■?

Hi Dean,
Spark ignition engine and dust in a grain store can cause a dust explosion plus they would take forever to tip, that is if you could start them!

Dad had a Tamplin tank on the Seddon flat he drove, not a tipper but auger discharge, and that had a Briggs engine to power it. Most of his discharge work was into grids in the ground outside the mills though.

Pete.

Buga the engines I liked the lever in the cab safe n warm?! Could never settle being outside when tipping, out of control ,although how much in control in the cab I’m not so sure