Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Hiya,heres todays offering,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Same F88 of Central road transport ! :wink:

Good black and white pic of Van Hee’s Scania 112 B639 ENL Bubbs, this was new to Alan Walton a lovely bloke and mate, I was fortunate to drive it for a period when Alan had (unfortunately for him) had a slip at work and broke his ankle. These 112’s were superb at the time and I believe better than the later models. Here is a colour pic below of the same motor possibly when I drove it and parked at Norman’s café at Brotherton on the A1. Thanks for the memory Franky.

Tipper Body (1).JPG

Alloy tipper body laid to rest after 20 plus years in service tyred out, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Tipper Body (2).JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:
Alloy tipper body laid to rest after 20 plus years in service tyred out, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

hiya,
It looks pretty straight Larry, unusual for a twenty years old
ally body they’ve usually enough outwards facing dents for a
few dozen extra shovel loads of payload.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

hiya,

Aye Harry its straight but its wafer thin all over, Its had a floor or two in its day But its had it, It belongs to a pal of mine at Seaton Burn, Hes replacing it with a Wilcox Body, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

hiya,

Aye Harry its straight but its wafer thin all over, Its had a floor or two in its day But its had it, It belongs to a pal of mine at Seaton Burn, Hes replacing it with a Wilcox Body, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
Larry, would it be tidy enough to enhance a preservation job,
if it’s as straight as the photo shows it would look good on a
restoration job of the right time period and of course it would
never get loaded so no problem there, just a thought.

Well its for sale if anyone wants it, But thats all it would be good for, Its defo wafer thin allover but as you say It wouldnt be getting loaded, Regards Larry.

This Foden artic unit, 8271 KD, was for many years owned by a long time friend of mine, Ron Smith (RIP).
As far as I can remember,his main source of work was containers from Garston Docks. Ron eventually
bought a Mercedes Benz artic unit for his regular work, but did not dispose of the Foden. I have an idea
that the Foden is still with us somewhere.

Ron Smith was a founder member of Wigan & District Model Railway Society,and that is where I first met
him when I became a member in 1974. His other great interest was his 1970 Volkswagen Caravanette
in which he and his wife used for weekends away, and also holidays, some times going abroad in it.
Sadly, Ron passed away a few years ago, and his fellow VW caravanette colleagues quickly adapted his
beloved Volkswagen Caravanette in order to carry Ron on his last journey,on the day of his funeral.

Rest In Peace Ron. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

IMG_5980.JPG

Hiya again,been away for a few days…heres a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

img606.jpg

Hiya,More old cuttings.Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya again,been away for a few days…heres a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

Im guessing that the 2nd photo down was taken in Dover , theres a Jack Ashworths F88 there if my eyes don`t deceive me.

Great to see this magnificent thread rejuvenated. I’ll dig some stuff out. Keep up the good work! Robert :sunglasses:

ramone:

bubbleman:

Im guessing that the 2nd photo down was taken in Dover , theres a Jack Ashworths F88 there if my eyes don`t deceive me.

It looks like the 4th one is a Berrisford’s Foden and the 7th and 9th Volvos belong to Thor Transport from Stoke. :slight_smile:

Keep em coming Bubbs. :smiley:

Hiya again,Heres another few cuttings…and a Thor Transport F88 for Mushroomman at the end :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img517.jpg

bubbleman:
Hiya again,Heres another few cuttings…and a Thor Transport F88 for Mushroomman at the end :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

And here’s the Pentleton & Hare motor in later life: flickr.com/photos/jbschofie … ist-kqRbKN

Cracking pics as always Bubbs.
Am I right in saying, that the Simon int F88 went on to see further ME service with Radclive ?