Scanias, are they worth it?

He’s been max weight full time, dunno how bad that is, some of them like the hard work. I’d go Daf tbh. I’d pay the Scania premium if I had gold work, which I don’t & I’d hazard a guess that you don’t either Matt.

I’d also only pay the Scania premium for new not 2nd hand, illogical I know but I’d resent paying mega money for a 2nd hand motor.

Scania also made the decision to go for profit & not volume some time ago. It seems to have worked for them.

stacks made buy truck max at wisbech

and another point is we have a song :laughing: :unamused: :laughing:

burnley-si:

Look and sound nice but make a right mess on the front corners of white deckers :laughing: :laughing:

seth 70:

burnley-si:

Look and sound nice but make a right mess on the front corners of white deckers :laughing: :laughing:

like mine, stacks and rain dont mix makes to much mess lol :cry:

burnley-si:

seth 70:

burnley-si:

What height are yours,do they sit above the trailer,i saw a irish lad last week pulling a brand new white decker for next,i bet when he got to the yard they went barmy with the state of the front of the trailer ,it was shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

burnley-si:

thems the ones, seems top quality work they put out, expensive though i would i imagine

seth 70:

burnley-si:

seth 70:

burnley-si:

What height are yours,do they sit above the trailer,i saw a irish lad last week pulling a brand new white decker for next,i bet when he got to the yard they went barmy with the state of the front of the trailer ,it was shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

mine sit at 13ft 6" and my trailers are 4.3m tall

Scania are also one of the very few firms who actually seem to give a ■■■■ about wether the product works properly or not & seem to have people working for them at least at HQ that take great pride in the Marque.

Those golden griffin seem to be selling well,even if they were asking strong money for um,fair play to scania i say :neutral_face:

they only did 50 and i,m pretty sure they were all sold before the first one even went on the road

That was the 730 they only did 50 of I believe the 580 wasn’t a “limited” edition as such I think the 730s were only offered to customers as such. I.e you couldn’t just walk in and out your name down for one not 100% sure tho
But yes scania are getting a but behind the times but look at a Scania 5 years old and look at any other truck n they are falling apart scania
One thing I will say is they do last and especially the v8s hold there value very well

They have brought another limited edition out now called the blue stream,ive said it before i reckon their getting rid of the old cabs because a new ones well overdue,the blue stream does look nice though its in the same blue the first 3 series was brought out in :sunglasses: 8 mick moodys flogging one.

nice motor the moody’s one :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

burnley-si:
nice motor the moody’s one :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

Not many :sunglasses: you could get giddy at his place if you had a few quid in your sky rocket,i remember him talking to my dad when i was a kid ,allways had the best units that was over 20 yr ago when he ran fridges :neutral_face:

JPM646:
That was the 730 they only did 50 of I believe the 580 wasn’t a “limited” edition as such I think the 730s were only offered to customers as such. I.e you couldn’t just walk in and out your name down for one not 100% sure tho
But yes scania are getting a but behind the times but look at a Scania 5 years old and look at any other truck n they are falling apart scania
One thing I will say is they do last and especially the v8s hold there value very well

No mate, theres only 50 Golden ones made, 1 + 50 had to be 730,s but the other 48 could be either

Hingleys have one of the 730s according to Commercial Motor, which apparently is to be used as an ‘ambassador’ for the company and will never work in anger. At £150k. Maybe there is money in haulage after all.

Olog Hai:
Hingleys have one of the 730s according to Commercial Motor, which apparently is to be used as an ‘ambassador’ for the company and will never work in anger. At £150k. Maybe there is money in haulage after all.

It looks like its to be used pulling there vintage fleet from the pic
hingley-transportltd.co.uk/news.php

chaversdad:
my mates just paid a serious amount of money for this, how do you reckon it will hold its value in 5 years time?

In answer to your question, Scania Scotland were advertising an R730 rigid, when I rang they wanted 100k for an 11 plate r730 and it was for sale on behalf of the owner, I thought about it for a couple of days and I rang back and it was sold for 100k and they said we could do with twenty more to sell. What would it of cost new, 110k?