Ok..ok whats the con?

just been looking on the road transport.com web site looking at some prices of scanias they have scanias 500hp v8 on a 55 plate for £8500 ■■? (no way) caln wiltshire.

scania r480 on a 07 plate for £9000 tried the phone number but its a dead line, got address as leeds… have a look … roadtransport.com/buyandsell … ontactForm

its some sort of scam got to be, but i cant see why the roadtransport.com allow them to advetise, as you can see its different sellers seems strange. whats your thoughts ■■?
john…

Weird - Burdekin Street does not exist in Leeds according to Google Maps. And it does seem more than a tad cheap too.

busy fool:
just been looking on the road transport.com web site looking at some prices of scanias they have scanias 500hp v8 on a 55 plate for £8500 ■■? (no way) caln wiltshire.

scania r480 on a 07 plate for £9000 tried the phone number but its a dead line, got address as leeds… have a look … roadtransport.com/buyandsell … ontactForm

its some sort of scam got to be, but i cant see why the roadtransport.com allow them to advetise, as you can see its different sellers seems strange. whats your thoughts ■■?
john…

details have changed

Company Name L M Stinear
Classified Type New & Used Trucks & Lorries - Tractor units
Year 2007
Price £9,000.00
Location Leeds

Details

• 265,000 Km * High sleeper cab * 480 HP * Euro4 Emission * Semi Automatic * White * Excellent Overall Condition * Excellent Interior Condition * 1 Owner * 2007 (57 Reg) * 6x2 * 44,000 Kg GVW * 11705 cc * Diesel * Right Hand Drive * 2 Seats * Excellent Body Condition * 90% Tyre Condition * Full franchise service history

The post code relates to Harehills Lane which is where the area TO is.

There isn’t a Chep facility in Leeds, the nearest being Pontefract, so I would Google Chep places, and see if you can Google maps where the area is.

Ken.

Those pictures were not taken in Leeds.

That is Keltruck next to M5 J1 in Birmingham (West Bromwich)!

the phone number won’t work, there are too many digits :wink:

Nowt on companies house for L M Stinear.

I’d be leaving well alone, I wonder if they’ve got an old Albion or a DAF XXF for sale? :wink:

Ian58:
Those pictures were not taken in Leeds.

That is Keltruck next to M5 J1 in Birmingham (West Bromwich)!

yep totally right there

That’s just a couple I found quoting silly cheap prices. There’s lots more on there
John

They look very much like scam listings can almost guarantee if you email them they wil offer to deliver for free and give you a money back guarantee if you are not happy as the money you pay will be held securely!

Jon1975:
They look very much like scam listings can almost guarantee if you email them they wil offer to deliver for free and give you a money back guarantee if you are not happy as the money you pay will be held securely!

Absolutely spot on. Since my posting I have contacted via email one of the sellers. I asked if this was the cost of the vehicle. There reply was yes but then went on to say (via email) exactly what you have wrote. How did you know that… are you speaking from experience. Because what you say is spot on. But how do this work ■■ there advertising vehicles for less than half there value. I now know it’s a con so will no longer be looking for a vehicle through this advertiser
John

It started on ebay a few years ago, were vehicles are advertised at half there price someone thinks they have the bargain of the century were infact they have been scammed!! unfortunately its has been spreading to other places autotrader Local papers in fact anywere there is online advertising!! the old saying is more truer now than ever !! if it looks to good to be true then its not true!!

Is this similar to what happened to me recently when I advertised my M3 for sale?
Some woman contacted me and said she wanted the car as a surprise present for her son as he had just passed his finals in Wellington NZ. I was to tell her the bank account I wanted the money paid into and once I confirmed the money was there then she would then contact some third party to collect the car, yea right !!!
Her son (■■?) obviously never passed his exams in common sense cos if he had he wouldn’t want an M3 :sunglasses:
No details requested as to mileage, age, condition etc etc. If she had said let someone collect the car and then I will pay for it, I may have been tempted just to get rid :blush:
ps must cut the grass around it 'cos its getting difficult to see it.

This is very common with farm machinery and plant farmers weekly has a big flashing message saying beware they still take there money though :smiling_imp:

hopefully you asked to see the vehicles before you hand over any money but there are cheap motors out there we just bought 2 x 55 plate man xxl’s for 10 grand each

deleted

kingy II:
hopefully you asked to see the vehicles before you hand over any money but there are cheap motors out there we just bought 2 x 55 plate man xxl’s for 10 grand each

Yea of course I asked to view the truck also asked for tell number to speak to someone but email reply said he was out of the country at time. It’s defiantly a con but I don’t know how.

Good price for the xxl s but you can get euro 3 engines fairly cheap at mo because of the low emissions coming in 2012. Have a look at the price increase from 55 euro3. To 56 euro4 it’s ridiculas

raymundo:
Is this similar to what happened to me recently when I advertised my M3 for sale?
Some woman contacted me and said she wanted the car as a surprise present for her son as he had just passed his finals in Wellington NZ. I was to tell her the bank account I wanted the money paid into and once I confirmed the money was there then she would then contact some third party to collect the car, yea right !!!

So they give you a cheque which you bank - a couple of days later you check your account on line and the money is there - they take your car away.

A few days later you find that the cheque or the money transfer didn’t clear and the money is now gone from your account. You can’t trace the “buyer” and you have no case against the bank.

So they give you a cheque which you bank - a couple of days later you check your account on line and the money is there - they take your car away.

A few days later you find that the cheque or the money transfer didn’t clear and the money is now gone from your account. You can’t trace the “buyer” and you have no case against the bank.
[/quote]
thats how they do it that way around but there selling to me ? unless theres no truck for sell in the first place ? but who in there right mind is going to pay to there account someone you have never met,and for a truck you havent seen etc
john

here is a copy of the email update i have just recieved ha ha must think im some sort of ■■■■■■■■■

Hi John,

I’d really like to have a chat with you over the phone, but at the moment I am outside of the town and the signal is very bad in my area. I’d appreciate if you agreed to keep in touch this way. Now, let me explain how we can complete the transaction using eBay. The payment will have to be made prior to delivery by bank transfer from your bank account into eBay’s holding account and they will keep the funds until you confirm the truck is in good working condition and you agree to keep it. After the delivery is made, from the delivery date you will have the following 5 days to check and test it. In case that you find something wrong with my truck or if it is not in according with your demands, eBay will give you a full refund and I will be responsible for paying all the expenses involved in the transaction. It is in my best interest to sell a functional vehicle. If you agree, let me know and we can go from there.

Thank you,

C. Broom,
(B.Env Des — Architecture)
Accreditied Designer & Builder
Accredited Building designer
Environmental Building Designers and Builders
“The Stables” 39 Patterson street
ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
INTERIOR DESIGN
LANDSCAPE DESIGN
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT