Scania R620 offer

Chaps

Just been offered a Scania R620 6x2 Topline on a 07.Ex rental motor 233kms on clock.Salesman has pitched at £65k.He will paint motor,fit top & bottom light bars & stick them loveley durabrites on her. In return he wants my motor (4x2 R164/580 Topline 52 plate 840.000kms) & 50k.

I dont think thats a bad offer■■? or am I blinded by that big V8■■?

I know 50k could get me very close to a brand new motor eg Renault/Iveco, but even tho them motors are good products Im always gonna be a one man band so why not run something that I want.

If there anything I need to be looking out for on them big Scanias■■?

All comments appreciated. (Arsey or pleasant)

all sounds about right to me,if its want you want then sod what anyone else thinks, lad who i know has 3 580,s and 1 620 and he,s just ordered another 620 dont think its ever wanted for anything and it gets some serious abuse {what they were made for really} but they do look strange when its just steam coming out of the stacks and not black smoke but then i suppose thats all this clean modern technology we have to put up with :smiley:

Thats a point.Anyone know the add blue usage■■?

To value yours at 15 in the current market in generous no matter how clean it is, scania recently had a price hike of 7% on new stock, just got as qoute of 85k for a bog standard topline 420 ( yes 85!!!, nearly swallowed the phone!) your 620 is in excess of 110 new, so that one hardly ran in doesnt sound dear, mm has an 08 for sale, might be worth a call to compare…

Lrm

we have a 620 its better on juice than the 560s adblue use varies it depends on how heavy you are with the right foot ours does 7.7 fully freighted both ways over the 62 manchester - immingham running light ive had 10.5 would have got 11 but had to push it to get back

one questions i would ask your self is do you want to tied 50k round your kneck in this climate why not go for somthing Little smaaller i think 50 would get you a 6-12 month old daf 105 to be honest if your out all week then it has much more storage the rseries is absolutly crap on storage or even look at a big volvo if you want a big lump

6 months ago i was offered a 10 month old xf 105 for 40k, but if you want the big v8 then you gotta have it, if it was me i,d have it but its your money and i think youve talked yourself into it anyway :smiley:

Bear, is it Haydock who are selling it, got a griffin on the side and other striping that doesn’t colour match?

hanbury riverside or whatever they are called asked for £65000 for volvo fh16 660 on a 07 plate i think, or maybe an 08 you can see advert in CM. if its only you driving it and you can afford why not? makes going to work a little easier if you like your unit.

yorkshireborn:
hanbury riverside or whatever they are called asked for £65000 for volvo fh16 660 on a 07 plate i think, or maybe an 08 you can see advert in CM. if its only you driving it and you can afford why not? makes going to work a little easier if you like your unit.

it’s an 08 plate, it is also an Ex-Pat Pallett truck

see here in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34891&p=376140&hilit=pat+pallett#p376140

GO FOR IT!!!Wish i could!!!.Kind of save on fuel use,due to size of engine,as you wont be using all that torque,so saving on engine wear and tear.I had a DAF 310,first truck in europe,had to wind the bllody engine up like an elastic band,using more fuel.Then on to 142`s.After the DAF. :laughing:

i have a quote here for a new 620 griffin 6x2 £93k

lee hawke:
i have a quote here for a new 620 griffin 6x2 £93k

phaaaa all show and no go!!!

Scania N/east ave the deal on the table.Haydock wanted £55k for a fleet spec 57 plate 480 with 12k offered on mine.Dreamers.I do like them dafs & ave looked at them alot.Daf salesman at Bristol offered 42k for a 57 plate 105/460 with 12k for mine.That left 30k for the motor,but I will ave to paint/wheels/bars on the truck which is gonna put another 8k on top of that.

Looking at that, theres a 12k differance, but reckon I will get 10 of that back on residuel in 3 years against the daf.

Have seen that Volvo in CM.Nice tool.Just cant take to them Volvos.Them lockers above head & slopping windscreen.Still a quality motor.

Take no pride in saying I am a Scania man, yes its a good product but dont they know it.Everything with Scania is added extras.Which of course is extra dollars.

The other thing to say is I need to change my motor so would you all agree that now is the time■■?
Yes work is tight for us all.But truck prices in my opinion are starting to recover.

Bear:
The other thing to say is I need to change my motor so would you all agree that now is the time■■?
Yes work is tight for us all.But truck prices in my opinion are starting to recover.

if you feel comfortable then go for it, as regards prices starting to recover, a salesman rang me this morning who i had quizzed about a price for my trade in 4 months ago, he offered me 2.5k more now than he did in april!, so yes you maybe right, but then on the other hand the asking price for the {type of} truck i bought has also gone up

Prices are all over the place at the mo Chav.Speaking to many salesman who are telling me that now is the time to buy.But there gonna say that aint they :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Did you try and price a brand new 500 horse 6x2 Magnum with the extra gear that you want :question:
I think Scania prices are just too stupid to even contemplate in the current depressed climate :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Go on Bear I double dare you to price a new Magnum :exclamation: :laughing:

regarding the price of scania’s,we have a new one being delivered next month and it worked out
cheaper than volvo and daf.

can’t believe your 52 plate 580 is valued as a part ex at 15k! if i had 15k i’d buy it off you and you could maybe get price down a bit on the 620 for cash sale!!
scanias are expensive here in spain especially V8’s but once you’ve had one there’s no going back :smiley:

Big Truck:
Did you try and price a brand new 500 horse 6x2 Magnum with the extra gear that you want :question:
I think Scania prices are just too stupid to even contemplate in the current depressed climate :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Go on Bear I double dare you to price a new Magnum :exclamation: :laughing:

Rose to the dare Biggy.58k brand new.Yeah I know you Ive got to look at that price.Trouble is somedays I will have 5/6 drops on.Will be like a fireman jumping in & out that thing.Nightmare in winter aswell just to keep hands clean off grab handles. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

But your right alot of truck for the money. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

welshboyinspain:
can’t believe your 52 plate 580 is valued as a part ex at 15k! if i had 15k i’d buy it off you and you could maybe get price down a bit on the 620 for cash sale!!
scanias are expensive here in spain especially V8’s but once you’ve had one there’s no going back :smiley:

Some dealers offered me 12k.& mine without blowing own horn is tidy. :frowning: :frowning: