Scania Vabis LV type

Conam shows that Koster were good at crew cabs:
conam.info/carrosseriebouwer … haartsdijk

Regarding the LVS75 above, I do not think the cab has much, if anything to do with Roset- as I said, only the glass is similar. Maybe the 'screen surround was bought from Roset, but I would not say for sure, so I would guess that Koster were responsible for the whole of that cab, as they were for the crew cab on the bonnetted rigid.

Roset-type windscreens appeared on several other vehicles of the time:

Would it be too much of a guess to say that they were all built by Koster? Without proper confirmation, yes!

This may have been flagged up before, but there are lots of LVs on the link below, some of which actually mention Koster cabs.
flickr.com/photos/79454319@ … 2/?view=ju
Robert

robert1952:
This may have been flagged up before, but there are lots of LVs on the link below, some of which actually mention Koster cabs.
flickr.com/photos/79454319@ … 2/?view=ju
Robert

He only mentions Roset cabs, as far as I can see. Plenty of interesting photos there though, including some Portuguese-cabbed GB chassis and a bit of French exotica.

Perhaps inputted earlier but herewith two specials …Gebr. Maters of Huissen also had an A.S.-lorry,
but that is to be found on the A.S.-thread

Maters-Huissen-SV.jpg

ERF-Continental:
Perhaps inputted earlier but herewith two specials …Gebr. Maters of Huissen also had an A.S.-lorry,

Have a nice trip to … with vegetables and fruit :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

Eric,

ERF-Continental:

Here is a more detailed version, of a very good photograph:

The Roset/ Paul & van Weelde-cabbed chassis on the left is beautiful, is it not? A King of the Road in 1960 or thereabouts, for sure.

Which coachbuilder put the cab on the other vehicle?

from memory ,for anorak ,regards benkku

bma.finland:

Hey, nice Benkuu,

Eric,

Compliments for this excellent drawing! By then it would have been a superb illustration
in the then so nice documentation…Scania-Vabis, DAF, Mercedes-Benz, with colours!

In fact your truck is carrying a lot of jewels probably, but not from “De Beers” of Africa,
wellknown for the diamond-quarries…in Dutch it is ‘only’ Beers, from Adriaan Beers.

Beers has nothing to do with beer… LOL

sorry for the mistake ,but happy of the rest ,cheers benkku

En-Tour-Age:
Compliments for this excellent drawing! By then it would have been a superb illustration
in the then so nice documentation…Scania-Vabis, DAF, Mercedes-Benz, with colours!

In fact your truck is carrying a lot of jewels probably, but not from “De Beers” of Africa,
wellknown for the diamond-quarries…in Dutch it is ‘only’ Beers, from Adriaan Beers.

Beers has nothing to do with beer… LOL

Hey, Beers was his name■■? as was Denonville.

Eri,

bma.finland:
sorry for the mistake ,but happy of the rest ,cheers benkku

Well done the drawing…in fact it was a jewel/diamond on the road!

@Eric, yes:
Beers, after the founder Adriaan Beers and indeed Denonville after Arthur Denonville

Have a nice autumn-weekend!

bma.finland:

Superb drawing, Benkku. In years to come, the care that we lavish on these obscure corners of history will be remarked upon. Maybe. :smiley:

Also in later years (1968) Beers did the same trick once again. At that time the LB 110 (COE) series had been available for a short period, but the lighter truck (80-series) was still only available from Scania as a bonneted truck. Beers acted upon this and intoduced, in cooperation with cab-builder Roset, the LV 80. It only lasted for a short period as Scania introduced the LB 80 series a little later.

The cab was of the non-tilting type…

Regards,

JWK

More LV80 brochure pages and discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=51362&hilit=lv80&start=450

Both Autotransit (what has happened to him? He has not posted for ages. I hope he is OK) and myself express some incredulity that Beers went to the trouble of developing this model, given that the LB80 was soon to be introduced.

I’d better use the Search function first… At least I can add a date: 1968. In the Dutch magazine “Beroepsvervoer”, issue August 9th, 1968, this model is extensively described.
In the same magazine, issue May 2nd, 1969, the LB 80 is announced as ‘the long waited for Scania medium class COE’.

According this last article, approx. 20 LV’s were delivered by Beers.

Regards,

JWK

JWK:
I’d better use the Search function first… At least I can add a date: 1968. In the Dutch magazine “Beroepsvervoer”, issue August 9th, 1968, this model is extensively described.
In the same magazine, issue May 2nd, 1969, the LB 80 is announced as ‘the long waited for Scania medium class COE’.

According this last article, approx. 20 LV’s were delivered by Beers.

Regards,

JWK

Don’t worry too much about repeating stuff. I forget that I have posted things, and would rather someone else put them on again, rather than me having to search for them. :laughing:

The dates and production volumes are particularly illuminating. Was it all worth it, for 20 chassis sold? I suspect that Beers had a bit of encouragement from S-V, possibly to keep the market interested while the finishing touches were put to the LB80.

The article mentions the Beers LV 80 project put more pressure on the Scania=Vabis LB 80 development. It could be, but Scania-Vabis must have been working on the LB 80 already, as a time span of 9 months (August '68 - May '69) couldn’t be possible for the development of this new cab, IMO.

20 pieces isn’t much, but then again the Dutch market isn’t that large also…

Regards,

JWK

JWK:
The article mentions the Beers LV 80 project put more pressure on the Scania=Vabis LB 80 development. It could be, but Scania-Vabis must have been working on the LB 80 already, as a time span of 9 months (August '68 - May '69) couldn’t be possible for the development of this new cab, IMO.

20 pieces isn’t much, but then again the Dutch market isn’t that large also…

Regards,

JWK

That suggests the opposite of what I was thinking- that S-V was not party to Beers’ project. I guess the frame of the cab was an existing product, and Beers simply copied the front panel of the LB110.

Do you have any copies of Beroepsvervoer from the period 1958 to 1963? :smiley:

Well, I also think that S-V was not a party in this project. I think Beers saw a market, and possibly didn’t want to wait for the introduction of the LB 80, of which they could be aware as importers?

I assume the cabin including frame is all Roset. The COE cab required an engine bay…, so a S-V cab couldn’t have been used as donor, IMO. Please remember in those days cab building by bodybuilders was still done in some numbers (in Holland especially for ex-army M-series in civilian use and trucks derived from these: GINAF, Terberg, RAM).

Beroepsvervoer: please see PM.

Regards,

JWK