SCANIA - VABIS

Scania-Vabis (3).jpgAbout time i started sharing these photo’s that i have been collecting and taking for some time now,better do it while there are still people who can remember them!

great lb i had one menth to restore, but had no room for it,had to sell it. had it for 4 years and had it for a ride now and then,miss her

They were fantastic lorries well ahead of their time, very reliable and considering the cab didn’t tilt they were very easy to work on. Some features on these old lorries wouldn’t go amiss on more modern ones .
Still have a triangular key somewhere to open the front grille :smiley: :smiley:

Did you ever have the front grill fall off trev? it happened frequently, i was lucky to get one of the last ones before the guvnor got fed up buying them and made his own. You had to lock them in properly !

LB76:
Did you ever have the front grill fall off trev? it happened frequently, i was lucky to get one of the last ones before the guvnor got fed up buying them and made his own. You had to lock them in properly !

No, but like you say you had to make sure the locks were engaged and fully over.

76cab2.jpg

For those who never had the pleasure of driving one…

Clean & smart!

IMG.jpg

theres some smashing lb76 fotos on the samuel williams thread taken by my father in 1967/68

Yes i have seen those mate they are really good more power to him for taking them,i wish i had taken more!

lb76demo1.jpg

Great pictures Bill, What type of gearbox did you have in your Fridge Freight wagon and drag? Did it have the two sticks like in the LHD picture?

Trev.

Yes mate, it had the two sticks.In fact all 3 of these lorries that Wyatt’s had did. i know some only had 5 speed ones like a lot of early 110’s had.

When i started my apprenticeship as a hgv mechanic in 1977 at James Watkinson heavy haulage in Keighley they still had a76 scania vabis 6/2 it was Jreg and a day cab .They had the first scania in the area an Freg in 1968 ahd berore that a maguris deutz this was Ereg Iremember working on it and driving it round the yard it had 2 gear sticks .Ill see if i can find a photo of it .

That would be great scud!

Nice one Bill, looking forward to seeing all your pics :wink:

the inside pic,s wake up some nostalgic feeling,s .

The Danes do know how to make a lorry look good!

thats a nice big sleeper on that :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

did the UK spec LB,s have parkbreakes whit air(springbrakes) from begining,my 67 had air assisted mecanical parkingbrakes.
the danish seems to have not orginal sleeper ,longline before it,s time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: