Scania Engines

Is that a 5 year term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baymax:
Is that a 5 year term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Scania is a 1x35, the Renault on a 1x60 with a 36 month break clause.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

This is all good stuff Mr Smith.

Again, for me, unless the costs differences were marginal, I’d be guided buy head, not heart. If you want to treat yourself, why not save money in the business, and look at other salary perks such as a monthly car allowance…? Or staff entertaining - corporate hospitality at your local football/rugby/ballroom dancing club…? :grimacing:

nsmith1180:
It wasn’t the size of the wheel, though that is annoying. I can’t turn a full circle without changing from radio 4 or setting the cruise control.

Don’t think I’ve did that in 3yrs of driving 3 diff TGX,
you must have hands the size of JCB buckets!!![emoji28] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

the rennoo with a 540 is technically a cheap Volvo, worth a thought.

biggriffin:
the rennoo with a 540 is technically a cheap Volvo, worth a thought.

That’s where I’d be chucking my muck…

:grimacing:

Might be the volvo engine but its still crap reno electrics that will tell you to “visit workshop” at least 5 times a week !

chaversdad:
Might be the volvo engine but its still crap reno electrics that will tell you to “visit workshop” at least 5 times a week !

See I tramped in a 460 for six months last year and it never skipped a beat electronically or mechanically. Structurally however it lacked slightly, a poorly fitted sun visor meant that in a storm, I had a fishpond on the dashboard, right where the fuses are kept.

nsmith1180:

chaversdad:

See I tramped in a 460 for six months last year and it never skipped a beat electronically or mechanically. Structurally however it lacked slightly, a poorly fitted sun visor meant that in a storm, I had a fishpond on the dashboard, right where the fuses are kept.

Mine has an overly sensitive coolant …sensor. Keeps telling me the water is low if it’s anything but lapping at the bottle neck.

Oh, and the storage lockers let water in. Otherwise, wear and tear aside, I’m pretty chuffed with it.

I have no experience of the T but in the local Renault dealer with the premium last week and the old lad on service was telling me not to buy a new one as the electrics are worse than the old ones :open_mouth:

Any OP lease quotes on the S520 V8 yet Smithy??

Mate has 2011 R580 and due a change might opt for S520 V8 as “tightening the belt” on frigo O/D work!!![emoji52]

Just been reading in the commercial motor and apparently the 2nd generation of V8’s have been released! The 520 engine is meant to be even more efficient the a 6 cylinder on weight over 35t!! This is getting me excited, hopefully get to see some figures soon!!

Pretty sure the 520bhp v8 is set to continue in the new generation of ad blue only v8’s alongside the new 650bhp version. Quite a thing was made about using a “millers” camshaft on the 520bhp version to aid cleaner emissions.

Big Truck:
Any OP lease quotes on the S520 V8 yet Smithy??

Mate has 2011 R580 and due a change might opt for S520 V8 as “tightening the belt” on frigo O/D work!!![emoji52]

Still waiting. The salesman has the complete lack of dedication called Kids, so he is off this week looking after sprogglets while Mrs Salesman does some work. Should hear something middle of next week.

JSingh:
Just been reading in the commercial motor and apparently the 2nd generation of V8’s have been released! The 520 engine is meant to be even more efficient the a 6 cylinder on weight over 35t!! This is getting me excited, hopefully get to see some figures soon!!

Yeah, I read that and thought Ohhhh.

JSingh:

I read on the Scania website a Scandinavian operator had the 520 averaging 7.3 MPG on 44tn work. That’s interesting stuff. I’m getting 6 MPG from a 460 double drive at 44tn cross country.

If the 520 figures are true, and comparable, it’s a 20% improvement on my current fuel figures. I’m not sure how much an extra drive axle would dent that figure…

I looked at buying an 11 plate 580 awhile back and on similar work to me, again double drive, the operator was quoting he was lucky to scrape 5 mpg. :open_mouth:

Scania “engines” think I would rather buy a a Hyundia.
Absolute garbage,buy a Merc
Not brilliant but far better than the Swedish/Polish crap.
I mean they are [zb] dire.

Bking:
Scania “engines” think I would rather buy a a Hyundia.
Absolute garbage,buy a Merc
Not brilliant but far better than the Swedish/Polish crap.
I mean they are [zb] dire.

Have you actually read this thread or just the subject line?

As I have said before. I currently have an MP4 BigSpace and due to the build quality, fuel economy and dealer service I have decided that the truck isn’t worth the money being asked for it.

The new Scania is a drastic improvement over the old one.

If the Hyundai came over here and was priced the same way as the old Hyundai cars were when they broke into the market, they would probably have a deal, the Hyundai tractor unit looks reasonable, but if they are asking Renault money, I’d rather have a Renault truck.

Did you get a quote for the Op lease on a S520 V8 before committing to the T??

Mate was asking just to be nosey!!![emoji6]

Big Truck:

No, but it would be at least the same, more likely another £25 a week based on what my salesman was telling me.

nsmith1180:

Big Truck:

No, but it would be at least the same, more likely another £25 a week based on what my salesman was telling me.

[emoji106]

Trying to talk the clown OUT of ordering a new S730 for bloody UK frigo work!!![emoji52]