Scania 164 480 need info regarding ECU repairers

globby 480:
Is it ALIVE yet■■?

I was wondering the same, a guy i know in purfleet has a similar problem.

Hi any news yet on engine this is like waiting for picture of guy with 8lxb in it cheers

Hi Guys,

The answer is NO.

We took the truck into Scania on Thursday last week, but at the moment, they have not found the problem ■■?

Once ■■ this truck is fixed, I will let you know what the problem was, but, I’m not sure if they will get it going !!!

Best regards

JJSL

Tony

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Seems like an awful lot of lost revenue, how much was that replacement Scania engine again? :open_mouth:

Highly Compressed Fuel & Air mixture

Correct Timing and Fuel Pressures

Sufficient Cranking Speed

Are the only reasons a Diesel engine will not start

Wheel Nut:

Seems like an awful lot of lost revenue, how much was that replacement Scania engine again? :open_mouth:

no it aint not these days!! wheels of the nuts, may have been with your old gardner and perkins p6 lumps :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
leccy is the problem here.
if jjls has only put new liners/pistons and bottom end in, and it was done in situe how has he got the pump/crank timing out " he aint you aint touching crank or pump timing. air in system poss, but still maintain leccy probs

cor blimey this reminds me of the " who shot JR" story years ago , i can’t wait to find the outcome of this .

i’m on the edge of my seat here get on with it fer god sake … :grimacing: :grimacing:

globby 480:

Wheel Nut:

no it aint not these days!! wheels of the nuts, may have been with your old gardner and perkins p6 lumps :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
leccy is the problem here.
if jjls has only put new liners/pistons and bottom end in, and it was done in situe how has he got the pump/crank timing out " he aint you aint touching crank or pump timing. air in system poss, but still maintain leccy probs

Yeah my leccy problems are in the timing and pressures. If the injectors are opening at the wrong time or pressure whether opened by camshaft or cable, canbus or capacitor.

The explosion is still carried out using compression not electric.

So if the engine isn’t spinning fast enough it wont start. Try Towing it off

If it hasn’t got any compression it wont start. Do a compression test

If the injectors / fuel rail solenoid / valves is / are spraying fuel while the piston is in the wrong place it wont start. Check the cam timing

If the injectors / fuel rail solenoid valve is / are are not spraying fuel it wont start. Check the fuel feed from the tank. Check there is fuel in the tank.

The truck was presumably driven into the workshop, it was then stripped and cleaned, then parts were ordered and replaced, so why doesn’t it start? Someone has forgotten to do something simple. Yes it may be electrical, it may be a fuel feed problem, it may simply be a fuse.

Or it could be that someone has forgotten to connect one wire, pipe, or clip or dropped the ECU and staying schtumm

Anyway my curry is ready in the pub :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Guys,

Well it’s been in Scania for a week now and they still don’t know what the problem is ■■?

Everything is where it should be BUT, no signal is getting to the Injector solonoid, So after
having the ECU checked and nothing found wrong, Scania are saying they think it would be best to put
a new ECU on, because the injectors receive the signal from the ecu to operate ■■? but if it does not
solve the problem I cannot give the ECU back and they cost £1250.

Also they are saying that this vehicle does not have an immobiliiser, so it cannot be that stopping the injectors working, but the build sheet says it does, it just go’s round and round.

So, anyone know a good scrap yard

JJSL:
Hi Guys,

Well it’s been in Scania for a week now and they still don’t know what the problem is ■■?

Everything is where it should be BUT, no signal is getting to the Injector solonoid, So after
having the ECU checked and nothing found wrong, Scania are saying they think it would be best to put
a new ECU on, because the injectors receive the signal from the ecu to operate ■■? but if it does not
solve the problem I cannot give the ECU back and they cost £1250.

Also they are saying that this vehicle does not have an immobiliiser, so it cannot be that stopping the injectors working, but the build sheet says it does, it just go’s round and round.

So, anyone know a good scrap yard

mine had to have new ecu i dont think a scrap yard is a good idea bite the bullet get new ecu.

JJSL:
Hi Guys,

Scania are saying they think it would be best to put
a new ECU on, because the injectors receive the signal from the ecu to operate ■■?

that’s a standard repair when they don’t know what the problem is :wink:

Hi Guys,

IT’S RUNNING !!! Haha !!!

They put the new ECU on and BANG !! it started, So much for having it checked, it’s cost me weeks off road
because someone at the electronics place did not do their job right.

So, I would like to say thank you for all you comments and idea’s

Best regards

JJSL

Tony

glad your sorted mate.

mighty stuff! ye up an runnin is the main thing!

cant help feelin sorry for ye plight, ye must have lost a fair few quid…

wasn’t the ECU already mentioned here ?

How much was ye bill from Scania if ye don’t mind me askin ?

but eh, glad to hear ye got it resolved!

all the best now

Praise be, now drive, get behind that wheel, and crack on ! good luck, :smiley:

richmond:
Praise be, now drive, get behind that wheel, and crack on ! good luck, :smiley:

Well said

JJSL:
Hi Guys,

IT’S RUNNING !!! Haha !!!

They put the new ECU on and BANG !! it started, So much for having it checked, it’s cost me weeks off road
because someone at the electronics place did not do their job right.

So, I would like to say thank you for all you comments and idea’s

Best regards

JJSL

Tony

Well done anyway, now all you have to do is find out who dropped that ECU or stood a cup of tea on it :stuck_out_tongue:

And as mentioned, crack on!

Wheel Nut:
Well done anyway, now all you have to do is find out who dropped that ECU or stood a cup of tea on it :stuck_out_tongue:

And as mentioned, crack on!

My question exactly…Who did what to blow the ecu…considering it originally drove into the workshop to be repaired…power surge after jump starting perhaps…Crossed wires maybe?

Hi

How did you get on with this problem? Did the ECU cure your problem? Usually when you completely drain the fuel system on the PDE system they are a P I G to start, even if you fully bleed the system out the injectors get air locked and won’t clear themselves, what we normally have to do is start the engine on easy start or brake cleaner to get the engine turning over fast enough to clear the air from the injectors.

Ignore above didn’t see page 2…DOH

Bagnall3150:
Hi

How did you get on with this problem? Did the ECU cure your problem? Usually when you completely drain the fuel system on the PDE system they are a P I G to start, even if you fully bleed the system out the injectors get air locked and won’t clear themselves, what we normally have to do is start the engine on easy start or brake cleaner to get the engine turning over fast enough to clear the air from the injectors.

Ignore above didn’t see page 2…DOH

we tow ours with old diahatsu if she dont go on key