Scania 124 2003 wont start

hi can any1 shed any light for me i have a sacnia 124 6x2 and yesterday it would not start so i bled the fuel system and everything was fine until this morning mbled the system again got her running then switched of the engine and she has not run since .I have tried bleeding the fuel sysytem again but had no luck ,i have fuel up to the bleed screw and also at the side of the fuel rail at the return pipe but she wont fire , also i have no edc warning lamps …me thinks this is gonna be expensive…

i am not a HGV driver but it sounds like it will your arm and leg lol

sixby2:
hi can any1 shed any light for me i have a sacnia 124 6x2 and yesterday it would not start so i bled the fuel system and everything was fine until this morning mbled the system again got her running then switched of the engine and she has not run since .I have tried bleeding the fuel sysytem again but had no luck ,i have fuel up to the bleed screw and also at the side of the fuel rail at the return pipe but she wont fire , also i have no edc warning lamps …me thinks this is gonna be expensive…

keep it lit

maybe ■■■■■ diesel? did you take the fuel filter(s) off and have a look to see if they’re full of crap?

Or a rusted out fuel line that’s got some rust holes in it? Wouldn’t take much of a hole to let all the pressure out of the system overnight. A pinprick sized one will do it.

open bleed screws, then wrap a cloth around red air line place in neck off deisel tank, open air slightly until fuel is flowing through bleed screws, close bleed screws and turn off air quickly.
By pressurising the system you should get rid off any air locks and it should fire also this method will show you if you have any leaks as the whole system is under high pressure

I would check the stack pipe first

Sell it them skodas are nothing but trouble.
:unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

check to see if the fuel rack is leaking? the seals behind the rack could have perished and could b drawing air into the system also it could b that the injector seals have worn and the fuel is running back, also change the fuel filter an clean the stack pipe out, also the edc on the side of the engine remove the plugs and spray a bit of contact grease as these sometimes get abit of oil on them hence them not contacting,

hope this helps let me no how u get on !

have you been running it on eco fuel or in layman terms vegie oil by any chance■■?

Sounds simple but you have to have the ignition turned on to bleed these properly hpe this helps cheers nick

sixby2:

well,sadly, With Scania must you go now to Volkswagen Garage.They bought it :exclamation:

in the fuse box take out the relay nearest to the passenger door sometimes this stops the electronics from starting

take a piece of pipe and attach a banjo fitting to it, connect this to the fuel pump but take out the gauze if it has one, stick the other end in a bucket of diesel, pump if through. if it starts replace the fuel line.
the gauze is situated in the pump, behind the banjo fitting, they are nothing but trouble. they are put there to make money for the fitters.

Is it the hpi engine? The red dot in the 420 or a 470? On the older ones before the red dot if you like the only issues i’ve had is the small bleed off pipe splitting and leaking and the injector seals leaking. If it’s the injectors leaking then you’ll see fuel leaking from the leak off bolts in the rail on the nearside of the heads.

On the red dots, they do ocassionally have pump problems. It’s driven off the back of the compressor and the drive uj can wear, The pressure regulators can fail also. There’s one in the fuel rail and one on the side of the fuel filter housing. Bear in mind that the hpi system likes having pressure throughout the system so if you’re trying to bleed it up, you may only half succeed. Hopefully it will be something simple. Just going by what i’ve come across in the past.

Rusty Nail:
Is it the hpi engine? The red dot in the 420 or a 470? On the older ones before the red dot if you like the only issues i’ve had is the small bleed off pipe splitting and leaking and the injector seals leaking. If it’s the injectors leaking then you’ll see fuel leaking from the leak off bolts in the rail on the nearside of the heads.
On the red dots, they do ocassionally have pump problems. It’s driven off the back of the compressor and the drive uj can wear, The pressure regulators can fail also. There’s one in the fuel rail and one on the side of the fuel filter housing. Bear in mind that the hpi system likes having pressure throughout the system so if you’re trying to bleed it up, you may only half succeed. Hopefully it will be something simple. Just going by what i’ve come across in the past.

as my post above that is how i was trying to describe the fault if you didnt understand

cheers rusty !

1gallon of petrol all over It and with 900 and 67 next it a good spark and run like ■■■■

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this promblem , i can tell ya all it was the stack pipe in the fuel tank as was pointed out by "wheel nut"she is now up and running again…thanks again…

thanks for the update sixby2

had this a few times as we went onto running on bio diesel,

came in 1 morning had 200ltrs of lard ! :open_mouth: tank had froze over night !

sixby2:
Thanks to everyone who has replied to this promblem , i can tell ya all it was the stack pipe in the fuel tank as was pointed out by "wheel nut"she is now up and running again…thanks again…

i hope the f ing thing aint coming back