Scania engine help!

was working on a scania 8legger today, no badges but i beleive it to be a p114 340hp with the 6 cylinder engine its an x reg (2000-2001) had the laptop plugged in but no codes.
basically it wont start… its seems to be getting fuel upto the filter and to the inlet of the common rail. and trickes out the outlet
its had 1 lift pump that cured it for 2 weeks but it played up again so this was changed and now she wont start at all. and the fuel filter and air filter were both changed

due to my loaction its a bit of a headace due to no dealers for about 300 miles!

anybody got any suggestions?

gallon of petrol, match, run like ■■■■ :laughing: should do the trick nicely :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

shuttlespanker:
gallon of petrol, match, run like [zb] :laughing: should do the trick nicely :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Says a DAF fan!

thanks guys :laughing:

Our p-cabbed 420 unit has been parked up y’day after showing ‘engine malfunction’ on the display :open_mouth: .

have you checked the stop solenoid .does it have an immobiliser on that model if so is the light going out try a different key if you have one …rob

I’m a mechanic but stopped in 84 so treat the following as basic stuff:

Has an immobiliser kicked in? Key correct and working? Try another key.
Check fuel quality…water? old?
Check injector pump timing
Check valve timing
Check compressions
Is the starter turning the engine over fast enough?

I don’t believe fault codes necessarily show everything thats wrong,esp the first two points.

“edit”…to acknowledge rob’s key point above!