SCANIA 142's

They were SUPER trucks! This along with the Ex-Mustang 142 belonged to my Dad.

Trev_H:

blackshadow:
My Old 142

Is it one of Mervyn Appleby’s old ones with the Wolves reg. number?

No, this was an ex Salford van on hire to Smurfitts. (Look at Tamworth Hauliers) I did sell the bull bar to one of Mervyn Appleby’s drivers. He did a swap on the services bull bar for bumper. This wagon was traded in for a Volvo F12 from Manchester truck and Bus

Believed to be the first 142 six wheeler in the UK, supplied by B and W Manchester in 1982.

Has anybody got any photos or info on my 142. B973 KCM. It was still in use in 2002.

blackshadow:
My Old 142

was this scania in a truck mag in the 90s with the driver he had on leg on the bull bar it was in a section about how hard it is for owner drivers running over water

bradfordlad9999:

blackshadow:
My Old 142

was this scania in a truck mag in the 90s with the driver he had on leg on the bull bar it was in a section about how hard it is for owner drivers running over water

Sorry mate you must have my 142 mixed up with another as I have never had it in a mag.

Lance Biscomb:
Has anybody got any photos or info on my 142. B973 KCM. It was still in use in 2002.

Here you are mate I may be able to find a couple more but nothing after you sold her

Lance Biscomb:

another one

blackshadow:

Lance Biscomb:

another one

good morning? ian,cool photos mate.
regards andrew.

Two of Mick Lambert’s 142’s

JOHNXL70:

I still find it amazing John, that I never saw one of Mick’s on the road, even though I was doing regular Spain though the mid 80’s.

Dieseldog66:

JOHNXL70:

I still find it amazing John, that I never saw one of Mick’s on the road, even though I was doing regular Spain though the mid 80’s.

We were always on the move Cliff you had to be quick to see us lol . Happy New Year to you hope you have a good one

Thought I had added this one that I drove for Ossie Ingham’s on spot work for OOCL out of Manchester Con; base in the 80’s. It never got sprayed in the usual fleet colours (Red chassis & bumper, Orange cab, White cab roof and black lettering) It was my first high powered motor and although it was second hand it was a good tool with plenty of life left in it :slight_smile:

Regards
Dave Penn;

P6270083.JPG

Best Scania 142 that I ever drove was a really early one. It was old when I drove it fully-laden from Romania to West Bromwich. It was a left-hand-drive Dutch-spec job with the old 10-speed 'box and was just beautiful to drive. It is pictured below.
However, my favourite 142 (which I didn’t drive, alas) was registered GAZ in Ireland. This 142 was a left-■■■■■■ with an Esteppe-style high roof, tag-axle and a 13-speed Fuller gearbox. For pudding, it was painted in Astran livery and did Middle-East work: perfect!I took this picture of it (below) in Tangiers where I chatted with its driver, John Alan (may he now rest in peace). The other 142 below I drove for Harrier Express of Faversham on a regular basis - a fantastic machine. Robert :slight_smile:

robert1952:
Best Scania 142 that I ever drove was a really early one a naturally aspirated V8. It was old when I drove it fully-laden from Romania to West Bromwich. It was a left-hand-drive Dutch-spec job with the old 10-speed 'box and was just beautiful to drive. It is pictured below.
However, my favourite 142 (which I didn’t drive, alas) was registered GAZ in Ireland. This 142 was a left-■■■■■■ with an Esteppe-style high roof, tag-axle and a 13-speed Fuller gearbox. For pudding, it was painted in Astran livery and did Middle-East work: perfect!I took this picture of it (below) in Tangiers where I chatted with its driver, John Alan (may he now rest in peace). The other 142 below I drove for Harrier Express of Faversham on a regular basis - a fantastic machine. Robert :slight_smile:210

Robert, I feel unworthy to correct you - (maybe you are just testing us anyway :smiley: ) - but of course there have never been any ‘naturally aspirated’ 142’s - or any other v8 Scania truck for that matter.

Designed with turbos from the start (launched in 1969 iirc), the first 14 litre Scania V8 in the 140 put out 350 bhp, then they coaxed 375 out of it for the 141. The final turbo-only incarnation was the 388bhp unit in those original 142s, then they ‘resorted’ to intercooling from about 1983 on the legendary 420bhp model. You’ll notice the intercooled 142’s had the angled panel under the windscreen, and the headlights were deeper set, both features denote the bigger rad required.

I’d sell a kidney for a go in that 142 with a fuller box - with a slick-changing box behind all that grunt it must have been an animal!

sime17:

robert1952:
Best Scania 142 that I ever drove was a really early one a naturally aspirated V8. It was old when I drove it fully-laden from Romania to West Bromwich. It was a left-hand-drive Dutch-spec job with the old 10-speed 'box and was just beautiful to drive. It is pictured below.
However, my favourite 142 (which I didn’t drive, alas) was registered GAZ in Ireland. This 142 was a left-■■■■■■ with an Esteppe-style high roof, tag-axle and a 13-speed Fuller gearbox. For pudding, it was painted in Astran livery and did Middle-East work: perfect!I took this picture of it (below) in Tangiers where I chatted with its driver, John Alan (may he now rest in peace). The other 142 below I drove for Harrier Express of Faversham on a regular basis - a fantastic machine. Robert :slight_smile:210

Robert, I feel unworthy to correct you - (maybe you are just testing us anyway :smiley: ) - but of course there have never been any ‘naturally aspirated’ 142’s - or any other v8 Scania truck for that matter.

Designed with turbos from the start (launched in 1969 iirc), the first 14 litre Scania V8 in the 140 put out 350 bhp, then they coaxed 375 out of it for the 141. The final turbo-only incarnation was the 388bhp unit in those original 142s, then they ‘resorted’ to intercooling from about 1983 on the legendary 420bhp model. You’ll notice the intercooled 142’s had the angled panel under the windscreen, and the headlights were deeper set, both features denote the bigger rad required.

I’d sell a kidney for a go in that 142 with a fuller box - with a slick-changing box behind all that grunt it must have been an animal!

I stand corrected, thanks. (I must take more water with it!). Yes, I was thinking of the 112 I used to drive (also on a Y-plate) that was naturally-aspirated. The 142 I was describing had 388 on tap, as you suggest. Robert :slight_smile:

bought this secondhand 91 drove it dayly to 2004 ,a intercooler from -83 ,only ONE time could not get home to the evening in those 13 years,

Hi this is a 142 I operated on jam haulage it always was loaded top weight ++ NEVER had any problems

jam man:
Hi this is a 142 I operated on jam haulage it always was loaded top weight ++ NEVER had any problems

A20 FFS was I think a 142. Badged up as a143

image.jpg

image.jpg

Davidoff:
These are a few recent pictures of my 142 - i took it to a mate who works at a small firm who have always been Scania (with the notable exception of a handful Kenworth K100s).
They sold off their last 142 for export across to Africa. It had clocked 1’700’000 kms and had been sitting on the yard until the African finally came to pick it up some two years later than had been agreed. A pari of batteries and apparently it went immediately!

Anyway. Here are some pictures (in good company)

[[/URL

This is how she was when I bought her in 2011, only 157’000 kms since new and fully documented service history.
[I posted these on here before but quite some new names on here…]

[/quote]
That a nice Scania Davidoff, I have a similar 142E in the workshop now, imported from Cyprus. 160000 km and a day cab, just sprucing it up for the shows](Photo Storage)