Scania 140 / 141

harry the photoshop wizard! well done mate.

Good motor, but no like. Never try to improve on Nature. :wink:

My thoughts exactly Harry

Don’t like the wheels on the A/end of the trailer either.But I bet she was grossing 50t! :laughing:

A few old photos

LB76:
0[/quo
I can tell you the tax ran out on 30/12/1983 and it didnt get exported , here`s the link
taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo … ution=e1s3

jacko22:
A few old photos

Hi Jacko22, The 141 in the third photo down JEV528V was owned from new by Mervyn King of M&C Transport Braintree and was driven by John McClung from new on middle East Work for many years. When John left it had quite a few different drivers including myself. It’s Trailer went on fire in southern France with a load of paint on board which was bound for Greece. The cab was also damaged in the fire.On its return to the uk it was decided to repace the cab and other parts as necessary by caniballising a T reg 111 that M&C also owned. When we changed over the cabs i asked Mervyn if i could keep the 111 badges on the front and he agreed, this caused a lot of drivers to tell me that it went very well for a 111.and sounded rather lumpy. Regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Re; Mervyn King. Did he start his driving with an outfit called Colchester Transport down the Hythe when he was young?

harry:
Re; Mervyn King. Did he start his driving with an outfit called Colchester Transport down the Hythe when he was young?

Hi Harry, I dont know if he worked for colchester transport or not. I do know that he served his apprenticeship as a plant fitter before Emigrating to Australia. Christine his future wife followed him out there but did not like it, so they returned to tiptree where they started up M&C transport in the early/ mid seventies. regards Jamie.

blimey jamie you got some memory on you specially on middle east and scanias regards rowland

M&C Jamie:

harry:

Hi Harry, I dont know if he worked for colchester transport or not. I do know that he served his apprenticeship as a plant fitter before Emigrating to Australia. Christine his future wife followed him out there but did not like it, so they returned to tiptree where they started up M&C transport in the early/ mid seventies. regards Jamie.

I have been told that I know him well but I can’t place him, our generation had hectic lives. I can remember most of the women…sort of?

I met mervyn at Tompa one hot summer day i had my spring jump out of the hanger and was about knackered when i saw this MAN with the cab up and a pair of boots sticking out from under the cab,so i asked if he wanted a hand and he did so i helped him to fix the problem and then he said “we will sort yours out now” and out came a porta-power from his cab - amazing! we worked till late getting my spring back in the slipper then Merv said “thats enough for tonight,we will finish it off in the morning” and we retired to the bar! next morning we finished off and went our separate ways. i was sorry to hear he had a stroke, i had one myself and spent 5 months in dock byebye HGV licence after that,but hats life at least i am still here to tell the tale i know of a lot who are not.Heres hoping things get better for Mervyn.

An early pic of Gary Bampton in front of my first Scania 140 a 1971 RWC 691K loading a Jameson trailer

Another one of my old Scania 140’s PAM 108M

A 141 I bought from a man call Bill Tottingham from Edinburgh