Scammell

Thank you , Its brilliant, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Thank you , Its brilliant, Regards Larry.

No probs Larry was the best i could do under the circumstances. :smiley:

Currie%2527s Scammell-001 (1).jpg

A British Railways Scammell Scarab makes it’s way along St John Street London in 1961.

Scammell Handyman my drove at his time at Midlands Storage

When I was 4-5 years old, in the 60s, I used to watch those Scammel Scarabs at work at Lancaster train station. They absolutely fascinated me. The lock they had was like a bumper car.

steviespain:
When I was 4-5 years old, in the 60s, I used to watch those Scammel Scarabs at work at Lancaster train station. They absolutely fascinated me. The lock they had was like a bumper car.

Yes, and I, as a kid, thought the front bumper was like that of a dodgem car…

Hi all
I’ve just joined,so this is my first post. I spent a great deal of time riding with my father in his Scammell milk tanker. He was based at the South Eastern Farmers dairy in Station Road Petersfield. As l grew up Scammell Highwaymen were fast disappearing from the roads,so l never got to drive one,until that is,my new neighbour appeared in the street with his ex Shellmex BP tractor! So at a later date he asked me if l would like to go with him down to Sussex and drive it back.
The rest is in my own personal history bank!

Scammell Townsman.

Click on page twice to read.

Not the best photo, The driver is my Late Grandad Smiles, Regards Larry.

Took photo of this old girl last weekend at the Heavy model show at Burnley.

Great photo, This Scammell has a London Reg but Im not sure of the year, Ive been past this place on me way to Pennistone in my younger days in the haulage game, My late grandad was a Scammell driver, Regards Larry.

Looks like a quick trip to Motor Panels! Robert

DEANB:

moomooland:

There great looking things,reminds you of those 3 wheelers they use in Italy ! :smiley:

Found some more pics of those big old Aussi contractors !

If you Google “Scammell Contractor 8x4”, it looks like there is one complete somewhere in Oz,parked in a yard. Dunno if it is still there. It would make a great restoration project if it is.

I would have copied the link to the page, but I’m on a smartphone, and I ain’t that smart.

Just come across this in Ras Laffan, Qatar, still used for moving crane counterweights and jib sections around the port.
I could make out the start and end of a UK reg but not the full thing. YA…T

Was thinking could have been one of Sunters as YAJ was a North Yorkshire registration but i think only one they had with a T reg would be YVN 308T. Wynns also had YWO 24T.

ERF-NGC-European:
Looks like a quick trip to Motor Panels! Robert

Classic…Highwayman with tanker

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk