sawyers transport

just to ad a note the keeping legal was 1 of his concerns when i spoke to them,i have worked for several irish firms and apart from 1 i would work for them again if i was given the chance happy days ,ive worked for alot worse in the uk

Sayers had their problems a few years ago but in the last 2 years an extra 20 + units and a few trailers have been bought and I am led to believe that it is run by the book now . Thats word of mouth from the drivers that he employs and the subbies I have talked to on the boat. One driver got the push for driving a unit across the yard with no card in .

Spam

Happydaze:

pavaroti:

switchlogic:

happysack:

pavaroti:
Red to a bull is Sawyers to vosa. :wink:

And he still rang for a job…

Why not? Because one man says VOSA are keen on them?

Next time your passing an open weighbridge have a look see what the black lettering says on the white fridge in there. :unamused: :smiley:

Reed Boardall? Waltons? Hotpoint?

Which waltons you talking about ?

I assume -

waltontransport.com/

don’t listen to them. sawyers run it legal nowadays, and although vosa would never admit to it. the only reason they pull sawyers lorries is because they are on northern irish plates.
i’ve driven on english plates and never been pulled, but on irish or northern irish, it’s about every two weeks.

Sawyers pay about £90 a day after tax if there is no work on the fridges you could try Woolsley Transport they are the curtain sider branch of Sawyers you will be out for a week at a time tramping throughout the UK

Often see a Sawyers in Luton near skimpot Road I’m guessing loading at Langdon

Anyone any info on going about getting into sawyers? Ive posted all my licence details they have rang me about a driving assessment tho still havent heard anything back from them. Ive no luck at all getting a start somewhere.

neilevans69:
Anyone any info on going about getting into sawyers? Ive posted all my licence details they have rang me about a driving assessment tho still havent heard anything back from them. Ive no luck at all getting a start somewhere.

Just phone them up and tell them that your very king on getting ur driving assessment done.

Try Woolsey freight in moy, they will give you a start. It’s part of sawyers group but still run by andy Woolsey who is a bit of an a- hole to work for but not the worst of them so call down with your cv and talk to andy.

I love these threads on irish firms. To many believe the storys of 20 ton of steel plate on the floor and the 20 ton for beef hanging from the ceiling.
We know of the one hit home from italy but the brits were as bad as the irish for this back in the day.

kr79:
I love these threads on irish firms. To many believe the storys of 20 ton of steel plate on the floor and the 20 ton for beef hanging from the ceiling.
We know of the one hit home from italy but the brits were as bad as the irish for this back in the day.

They where the best story’s as there was never steel produced in Ireland.

Back to the op but, I have driven for sawyers as a subbie and direct, there own drivers drive legal and the work is nothing like it used to be.

They have descent tackle but the office staff bar a few are useless IMO. It’s not rare to be waiting on a phone call half the day to be told it’s not happening and then be told your changing trailers with some other driver and tip his load.

As far working for Andy Woolsey is concerned, I would rather put a chip pan fire out with my face than go there. He is a mouth piece who thinks he can talk to drivers like there animals.

Drove for sawyers in the 90’s and must say I honestly enjoyed working there . No bad manners . They expected an honest days work for an honest days pay . Some drivers gripped and whinged about being overworked but I think they didn’t like the fact you had to work to get money . They would rather lie in the cot than work . I worked for a helluva lot worse companies than sawyers . As for Any woolsey I worked with him when we were with Joe bairds and he was a funny guy . Always singin on the cb on the 75 even though he hadn’t a note in his head .lol. but as far as being ignorant to his drivers I couldn’t honestly say but I do know a few guys who work for him and they have been there for quite a few yrs which beggars the question , why are they still there if he is so ignorant . Personally I don’t believe in rumours unless I see it for myself or hear it from the horses mouth . Truck drivers are supposed to be smart and work on using their nappers yet sometimes we will believe the greatest bucket of dung spilled .

limeyphil:
don’t listen to them. sawyers run it legal nowadays, and although vosa would never admit to it. the only reason they pull sawyers lorries is because they are on northern irish plates.
i’ve driven on english plates and never been pulled, but on irish or northern irish, it’s about every two weeks.

Strange but very true.

The Police always seem to have a real hard on for Paddy but I guess if that is where they want to spend their money pulling the same few trucks every week while they claim they are at breaking point, Oh well…

theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … ane-abbott

I didn’t realise this was an ancient thread until LimeyPhil popped up.

What’s that guy doing nowadays I wonder? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Castillidie:

What’s that guy doing nowadays I wonder? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Biting pillows and kicking his soap back to his room for 10 to 15 apparently. :wink:

I posted asking about Northern Ireland a while back. This was one of the responses regarding Sawyers:

Day shift work about £400net for roughly 50hrs with near any outfit.
Night shift maybe £420/450net similar hrs.

Tramping late boat out Sun night and home boat Fri £500 to £650 depending on who you go with.
Subbie will pay near £750 for 6cards tramping but “cowboy” work!!!

Sawyers pay rise started last Wed 1st Feb and supposed to pay £600+home for frigo work tramping 5cards (handy/dry/clean work with good plant) and will need a week or two to find out if true!!! :wink:
100% legal.

Used to see them regularly in fowler welch washington, some regular faces some not, but they all always seemed happy and chatty at 2am, which says alot

parkus:
Used to see them regularly in fowler welch washington, some regular faces some not, but they all always seemed happy and chatty at 2am, which says alot

it says the pro plus and red bull dont start to wear off till 8 hours later… :smiley: