Sawyers

Anyone know anything about them. Where are they based in England money ect

pickandmix:

Hi If that is the Sawyers Im thinking of they are based in Wiltshire, cant remember which town. Most of there work is plastic granules in Tautliners and Tanks, beengoing a few years. Used to have all Scanias 2 tone blue.

No its the Irish fridge one

Sawyers are based in Lurgan Co Armargh paid by the trip think it is somewhere in the region of £250 per trip. They don’t have a base in England however Woolsey transport are part of the Sawyers group and they have drivers who are based in England working out of Heysham

Is the trip UK - Ireland or is it further afield

nedflanders:
Is the trip UK - Ireland or is it further afield

NI to mainland tip/daily rest/reload back to NI.
They will offer salary for 3trip/2trip also.
Euro boys are away for the fortnight on salary.

pickandmix:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82997&hilit=Sawyers+Transport

Big Ben:

pickandmix:

Hi If that is the Sawyers Im thinking of they are based in Wiltshire, cant remember which town. Most of there work is plastic granules in Tautliners and Tanks, beengoing a few years. Used to have all Scanias 2 tone blue.

Weren’t they “Sayers” and to my knowledge they disappeared / folded / sold-out many years ago :question:

pickandmix:

I started with them last over the past few weeks getting the job was handy getting the trips is another story :confused:

The company I work for share a yard with Sawyers, all good plant an we’ll run, however they have recently just been taken over by an American company agro-merchants who also own quiet a few other transport company’s in Europe, so should be interesting times to see how things turn out, I personally would avoid for the next six months as with any business take over, the new company may want to restructure the business,which could mean getting rid off work which they deem no good or not paying enough for the hassle etc etc.

TheYoungTrucker:
The company I work for share a yard with Sawyers, all good plant an we’ll run, however they have recently just been taken over by an American company agro-merchants who also own quiet a few other transport company’s in Europe, so should be interesting times to see how things turn out, I personally would avoid for the next six months as with any business take over, the new company may want to restructure the business,which could mean getting rid off work which they deem no good or not paying enough for the hassle etc etc.

Think your right there lad, it was better run when it was smaller!! They give me a full time job but yet uv to sit about all day waiting on a phone call or text to say there’s no trip pure dung if ya ask me what is Morgans like

R ya on the bang :slight_smile::

TheYoungTrucker:

Think your right there lad, it was better run when it was smaller!! They give me a full time job but yet uv to sit about all day waiting on a phone call or text to say there’s no trip pure dung if ya ask me what is Morgans like

Yeah nobody likes sitting about to be told no trip, Morgan’s are ok, it can be hard going at times as its all multi drop, your usually pushing the card to limit,hence the high turnover of drivers,I personally don’t mind the work.

Changed since last Feb then@ Sawyers!!!
I was on salary wages Late out Sun night and back Fri morn (short trip/long trip or vice versa) couldn’t fault them.
Money just not good enough reason I moved on!!!

Mate starts@ Sawyers tonight as having a Thur/Fri off works in with his other half.
Says 2trips and one internal over 5shifts on salary will do ok.
They pay slightly better money for a Fri/Sat night boat.

Big Truck:
Mate starts@ Sawyers tonight as having a Thur/Fri off works in with his other half.
Says 2trips and one internal over 5shifts on salary will do ok.
They pay slightly better money for a Fri/Sat night boat.[/quote

Well lad how’d your mate get on ■■

He’s been with Sawyers before so knows the score.
Think he’ s maybe still out on an “internal” but will ring him later.

Big Truck:

Done trip out for them last week lorry was stinking the stink of smoke would have put ya out fs :exclamation: :exclamation:

Saw one parked up in shepherds bush last night (sunday)

R ya on the bang :slight_smile::

Big Truck:

Done trip out for them last week lorry was stinking the stink of smoke would have put ya out fs :exclamation: :exclamation:

Speak to Chris Corr or Colin Maguire and that will be sorted! !!!