breen transport

hi all been asked to go over to see them was just wondering if it was worth a trip i.e wats money and conditions like thanks in advance

Do a search on them you’ll find a few things I’m sure.

done 18 months for them about 3 years ago… was ok if you stand up for yourself… money was ok too… not sure about now…daf 105 superspace but no fridge etc in cab…sud african drivers on there are all really good men…still in touch with 4 of them…you will spend lots of time talking to the vosa w…ers. they see a breen you get stopped… only reason i left… go see them … job is what you make it… loads on here will post a lot of bull…t about them but i enjoyed my time there apart from the taliban vosa attention… good luck and cheers

vannrouge many thanks think i will gp over see wat they have to say cant be worse than my last employer s&k lol

Think they’re ok, never drove for them but I subbed a few loads to them last year and the drivers all seemed quite happy with the job, anyway only 1/2 an hour off the boat to the office so treat it as a day trip.

Let us all know how you get on.

i rang then about 5 years ago and the very first question i was asked was did i no how to work my cards!!!,as i said this was a good few years ago so thing may be different these days.

bazza b:
i rang then about 5 years ago and the very first question i was asked was did i no how to work my cards!!!,as i said this was a good few years ago so thing may be different these days.

A lot of the irish now wont run bent as no one will pay the money as they used to even Nolans is now legal by all accounts

Stafford trucker , what happened ? Did you start ? If so what’s it like etc ?

Probably not back yet from his first trip!

well dont know how much i can put onhere without it getting blockd this is not hear say or rubbish i have been over to see them this week was told for interview .told to leave me car at hollyhead ship to dublin as foot passenger he wud get me picked up which he did its 2 and half hrs to there yard had me interview sed i wud do 6 to 8 weeks out at a time .was asked to streatch it to 12 wks so i asked what the wage was .well thats the bug bare its 90 euros a day thats it we ll in my mind that aint enough so declined he sed well the taliban are working for that so take it or leave it so i left it sed he wud get me droped of at top of road and get your self back to dublin no buses at that time of dat so it was digs and back next day all in all 2 days there and back this is no bull if any body wants to work for that fair play but for 12 to 15 hr days i dont think its worh it tax and stamp of that as well

didler:
well dont know how much i can put onhere without it getting blockd this is not hear say or rubbish i have been over to see them this week was told for interview .told to leave me car at hollyhead ship to dublin as foot passenger he wud get me picked up which he did its 2 and half hrs to there yard had me interview sed i wud do 6 to 8 weeks out at a time .was asked to streatch it to 12 wks so i asked what the wage was .well thats the bug bare its 90 euros a day thats it we ll in my mind that aint enough so declined he sed well the taliban are working for that so take it or leave it so i left it sed he wud get me droped of at top of road and get your self back to dublin no buses at that time of dat so it was digs and back next day all in all 2 days there and back this is no bull if any body wants to work for that fair play but for 12 to 15 hr days i dont think its worh it tax and stamp of that as well

Sorry to hear that. I would have wanted to know about the money before making that trip though which would have saved you a lot of hassle and expense.

yep you are 100 % right i shud have asked but reading the threads on here thought it was ok as it was when the guys on here posted there comments as i was talking to a welsh driver that works for them and they used to pay 120 plus euros a day he told me he was still on 100 a day but since taliban started they trying to get every body on 90 a day .still was a ride out lol .will keep on looking his trucks arnt in best condition as well as taliban have knocked them about a bit .it was a lithuanen driver that picked me up and well it was a lift of a life time had to shut me eyes some times dont think they know how to leave a gap in front of vehicle they following

Taliban have the job destroyed in Ireland they work for 90euros a day ,take 20% of that with exchange rate that’s 72 pounds a day .jaysus ,I got that back when I was on typing scheme.

Sorry that’s ytp work scheme

you aint wrong think ime gona go be a window cleaner ours charges 6£ for doing 5 windows and he dont need a ladder cause its a bungalow ahh well keep on trucking lol

Easy to say in hindsight but you could of took the job, got back over to holyhead and dumped the truck and gone home in your car, teach them for paying crap money

well mutley i did think of that later on but it aint my thing i wud jack a job no bother but wud all ways bringtruck back to yard .but you are right it wud serv them right if somebody did that to them .as they had no probs dumping me t the top of there road and left to get me self back .ime not putting this thread on here to ■■■■■ to much just trying to let other drivers thinking of going out there for interview what they are like .he sed i cud have been on my way to spain next day but not for 90 euros and i have found out since he pays differant rate across the drivers i got 25 years european experiance over 33 yrs hgv ime not a newby and got refferances to go with it so think ime worth more yhan 90 euros wich is less than 80 £ and he wants 3 months away naa .so just to re cap guys be carefull if you want to go good luck but take your gear with you as he will except you to go straight away .he didnt tell me just to go for interview any way take care

was 120 euro a day when i was on for them. had to stand up to them to get home i done 4 weeks max. spoke to one of sud african drivers last week they still on 110. said the plastic russians were all crap… had a good time on there but would not go back for that money or 12 weeks away. vosa hassle was grim too… cheers all

Only see this now pity i didnt see earlier but that s the rate in ireland and actually a good rate most i know are only on 70 euro a day not sure is that before or after tax but have a feeling before tax.
Most irish company s now run str as have to what with vosa and the irish equivlant cracking down on them