Nolans transport

hello all im posting this for a guy in work… hes currently working on class 2 work but want to branch out into the class 1 world… and has been told he can have a start with nolans transport…

just wanted some info on them if anyone knows what they like to work for wages ect ect… what the kits is like… i know they mainly run dafs but i seen ivecos volovos merc as well…

nolans used to use our yard in swansea when i was with UPN but they moved now…

any info you can pass on to me will be appriciated and i can pass it on as well

Get used to vosa stoping him

Angus25:
Get used to vosa stoping him

that bad?

i know alot of the driver that came into the yard in swansea to swap trailors we mainly easten europeans… there was one or 2 welsh boys there but not many…

Big enough company and seem very busy,not very fresh fleet,nearly all foreigners,and a very poor reputation,never out of court and all sorts of scams and carryon reported on them.

BIGRIG1:
Big enough company and seem very busy,not very fresh fleet,nearly all foreigners,and a very poor reputation,never out of court and all sorts of scams and carryon reported on them.

they seem to of fixed their limiter problems :wink: :wink: :wink: i can ■■■■ all over them on the M4 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

BIGRIG1:

ahh… hes only looking at it cause hes tried owens and been told noo and same with a few others but nolans have said yes pop down… hes had his class 1 bout 6 years but aint done any work in it… so just looking for a few month experince so he can move to bigger better things… and the money cant be worce than the 2.50 a hour hes on know haha… (not literaly but thats wat it feels like)

Dont get me wrong,i dont know anyone on for them or had any personal dealings with them,many a man would be glad of a job with them and it might help to get a few months experience untill something else comes up.

Has your mate got a ten foot barge pole by any chance? If he has tell him not to use it. Many Irish drivers don’t have a good word to say about Nolans!

cheers lads i just spoke to him on the phone now and hes been down to see them this morning in bridgend depot and he been told he can either have e.u work or uk… apparently hes been told that he can earn up to £700 pw on e.u work… realistic or not… i spoken to my father who works for s&k and hes says only if hes working his balls to the ground… he be better off uk work low money for a few months experince

but i relayed all you messages onto him and hes haveing a think about it… trying to waigh up all the pros and cons of it…

Plenty of talk about Nolans on irishrigs.com

terriers:
cheers lads i just spoke to him on the phone now and hes been down to see them this morning in bridgend depot and he been told he can either have e.u work or uk… apparently hes been told that he can earn up to £700 pw on e.u work… realistic or not… i spoken to my father who works for s&k and hes says only if hes working his balls to the ground… he be better off uk work low money for a few months experince

but i relayed all you messages onto him and hes haveing a think about it… trying to waigh up all the pros and cons of it…

He cant just do UK work with nolans.

Saaamon:

terriers:

He cant just do UK work with nolans.

well i dunno what he was on about then but he said he could either have uk. or e.u work… unless hes got his wires mixed…

Tell him to go for it,if it doesnt suit after a while just leave,it obviously suits alot of people who are working for them now,he has nothing to loose,only time will tell.

BIGRIG1:
Tell him to go for it,if it doesnt suit after a while just leave,it obviously suits alot of people who are working for them now,he has nothing to loose,only time will tell.

exaclty cause hes working on pallet work now… and he cant do much worce money wise… and its long days anyway… least he get the experince of tramping to put on his cv… and long as he keeps his nose clean he wont have any problems when vosa pull his over for the company name :laughing: :laughing:

As,said if he keeps his nose clean and dosent run round the clock he will be fine and its a foot in the door.

Nolan is an Irish operator, so it is difficult to see how he could legally do UK work.

They have had at least two trucks impounded for illegal working in the UK (all reported in CM etc).

He will certainly make lots of new friends in VOSA uniforms, so would be well-advised to ensure he and his truck are 100% legal 100% of the time.

GasGas:
Nolan is an Irish operator, so it is difficult to see how he could legally do UK work.

They have had at least two trucks impounded for illegal working in the UK (all reported in CM etc).

He will certainly make lots of new friends in VOSA uniforms, so would be well-advised to ensure he and his truck are 100% legal 100% of the time.

excuse me for being daft cause im confused… but i dont get what you mean when you say he cant legaly do uk work… we had nolans bringing down some over spill from our hub when i was with UPN wouldnt that count as UK work?

IIRC it was reported in Commercial Motor that Nolans had their application for a UK operators licence rejected. On the grounds of the 6’500 prohibitions issued over 5 years :open_mouth:

well hes taken the job… and starting a week today… his way of thinking is ccant be any worce than the mobs hes working with atm… and its a bit of class 1 experiance under his belt…

terriers:
well hes taken the job… and starting a week today… his way of thinking is ccant be any worce than the mobs hes working with atm… and its a bit of class 1 experiance under his belt…

Very good,sure it will be a bit of money and experience,and he can be a good person for a review on them in a few weeks,i hope it works out well for him.