Nolans transport

He can do uk work but will have to keep going back and forward to southern ireland, I don’t know the exact rules, havnt looked them up, its to do with cabotage rules. Let us know how he gets on, would be very interested to hear from someone who actually works for them.

I thought of going to nolans a while ago but listened to all the negative comments on here about them, now we have a regular load from nolans in our yard & the Welsh driver couldn’t praise them enough, he said they’ve really knuckled down,nothing illegal , money in the bank every Friday , shift patterns to suit where possible but you have to go over to Ireland at least once a week , but all in not bad to work for & improving & looking to employ more British drivers …

kemaro:
I thought of going to nolans a while ago but listened to all the negative comments on here about them, now we have a regular load from nolans in our yard & the Welsh driver couldn’t praise them enough, he said they’ve really knuckled down,nothing illegal , money in the bank every Friday , shift patterns to suit where possible but you have to go over to Ireland at least once a week , but all in not bad to work for & improving & looking to employ more British drivers …

cheers all i ask him to keep me updated so i can let you all know… or better still tell him to join the 21st century and join this site lol…

would you have to go to ireland tho or would it be possible to have a trailor swap in the docks or services? or am i missing something hear… like i said previous i a bit confused lol… i will ask my mate tho see if he can shed some light on the subject…

terriers:

kemaro:

cheers all i ask him to keep me updated so i can let you all know… or better still tell him to join the 21st century and join this site lol…

would you have to go to ireland tho or would it be possible to have a trailor swap in the docks or services? or am i missing something hear… like i said previous i a bit confused lol… i will ask my mate tho see if he can shed some light on the subject…

No, because its to do with the vehicle. You have to have an inbound load from ireland then once tipped you can do 3 jobs in 7 days then you need to go back. Im sure someone will either correct me or add to that but i think thats pretty much how it goes.

What’s wrong with day trip to Ireland? 4 hrs on a boat with food and cabin/shower for free. Turn around and come back. Happy days!

bigvern1:
What’s wrong with day trip to Ireland? 4 hrs on a boat with food and cabin/shower for free. Turn around and come back. Happy days!

Maybe he gets sea sick? lol… Im terrible on ferries.

Saaamon:

terriers:

kemaro:

No, because its to do with the vehicle. You have to have an inbound load from ireland then once tipped you can do 3 jobs in 7 days then you need to go back. Im sure someone will either correct me or add to that but i think thats pretty much how it goes.

ahh right cheers mate soo boils down to basic bullS*it pollotics then lol…

well he might have a start sooner than he thought… company hes with now have told him basicly fine if your going to leave then dont bother comeing in tormo theres plenty of other drivers that want a job with them…

bigvern1:

i just thought that it be better money wise for the company if they could do a docks trailor swap… but as explained saaamon he has to go over the water…

would have thought this would be a kick in the teath for any driver that is on the only get paid if the truck is earning wage bracket

terriers:

Saaamon:

terriers:

kemaro:

ahh right cheers mate soo boils down to basic bullS*it pollotics then lol…

Its there to protect us so it is a good thing really.

well i had a call of my mate today and he started monday… got given his wagon… think he said it was a 05 plate daf… or equivelant of a 05 plate… bit beaten up but he said after a bit of scrubbing ect it wernt a bad wagon… he went down to the papermills in baglan and loaded out of there and away to go… only been three days but so far hes enjoying it… been left alone by vosa so far…

terriers:
well i had a call of my mate today and he started monday… got given his wagon… think he said it was a 05 plate daf… or equivelant of a 05 plate… bit beaten up but he said after a bit of scrubbing ect it wernt a bad wagon… he went down to the papermills in baglan and loaded out of there and away to go… only been three days but so far hes enjoying it… been left alone by vosa so far…

Hmmm… your mate wouldn’t also be you would it ?

so any updates on this guy? is he still there etc or quit? just interested?

Shall we take bets on how long it is until he’s having rolling breaks and early starts “off the card”?

Saaamon:
Shall we take bets on how long it is until he’s having rolling breaks and early starts “off the card”?

Hard to beat “meals on wheels” it can make a big difference over a day never mind a week!

kemaro:

terriers:

Hmmm… your mate wouldn’t also be you would it ?

noo not me pal… i aint spoke to him in a while but last time i did he was still at it and so far so good… hes takeing the approch of keeping his head down and staying ou of trouble…

terriers:

Saaamon:

terriers:

kemaro:
well he might have a start sooner than he thought… company hes with now have told him basicly fine if your going to leave then dont bother comeing in tormo theres plenty of other drivers that want a job with them…

Name and shame! :grimacing: I love that old chestnut, loads of other drivers queuing to come here! :bulb: :unamused: sounds like STOBRATS, " there’s 2000 on the the waiting list " YAWN YAWN YAWN! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Supposedly nolans dont pay you when you are on the boat they run you day and night or else leave you sitting for days and truck dont move you dont get paid have heard all these horror storys before but personally dont believe any of them
i know they lost there od licence and had trucks impounded but they were either appealing it or applying for a reduced licence and i think at the moment running some of there stuff under someone else s licence

i cant see them just leaving you in the uk though i would have thought you def have to go back and over to ireland
met two of them today at calais along with lots on the m4 all clean looking trucks no marks scratchs dents etc on any of them
so how is your friend getting on any idea of what the rate is with them and do you or dont u get paid on ferries etc and put a lot of rumours to rest

They want a UK O license so i wonder if they are running legit over here as much as they can. I see alot of flats around the south west and wales and all their loads look very secure and properly loaded.

They applied and were turned down! I reckon they will if they sort there prohibitions on vehicles.Sounds like they are hiring better quality drivers now! :slight_smile:

urm hes still working for them… and said they okay… hes given his loads ect left to get on with things… he saying the money was okay, didnt say exactly what hes on but said hes happy enough for the time being…