Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Dipster:

ERF-NGC-European:
Bit of an atmosphere shot. R

Is my memory playing up or do I remember these old Saviems with a column change?

the early one’s did 6 speed plus splitter ZF on a column change, we nearly bought one

tony

Company shot

An interesting cab on the far right of last picture.Could be a Willème ou Somua bodied by Cottard.

A Merry Christmas to everyone on this thread, hope that 2020 is kind to you all.

An old Volvo in the snow…

7081_678e0e40efc52c0bbbaef71bb33d6f9e37df6b24.jpeg

Could the truck at the right of the Berliet possibly be a Leyland? Picture taken at the Halles de Paris c. 1950-52.

When a long-nosed Berliet bumps into another long-nosed Berliet.

Joyeux noel a tous!

Presents will be a bit late this year, because Senior, dressed up as Santa, forgot to fill up the old Solex… :unamused:

Froggy55:
0Could the truck at the right of the Berliet possibly be a Leyland? Picture taken at the Halles de Paris c. 1950-52.

Is that the predecessor of Rungis Paul?

Froggy55:
0When a long-nosed Berliet bumps into another long-nosed Berliet.

Solid built though, both wagons appear not to be too damaged…?

Failed experiment nr.1

A Henschel with two engines under the bonnet, combined they produced 400bhp! Sadly enough, they couldn’t get the gearbox right to deal with such a power output, so the project was axed I believe… who knows more about it?

80276903_139658567472488_4181843080103591936_n.jpg

Failed experiment nr.2

A tractor unit, with a chassis of a rigid, no wonder that project didn’t take of! Although Jan de Rooy had a similar set-up, I might even posted a photo of that on here some years ago?

Dutch registered Renault Major promo unit, looks the part with the stacks behind the cab and the aircon unit on the roof!

pv83:

Froggy55:
0Could the truck at the right of the Berliet possibly be a Leyland? Picture taken at the Halles de Paris c. 1950-52.

Is that the predecessor of Rungis Paul?

That’s it, yes!

pv83:
Failed experiment nr.1

A Henschel with two engines under the bonnet, combined they produced 400bhp! Sadly enough, they couldn’t get the gearbox right to deal with such a power output, so the project was axed I believe… who knows more about it?

Sorry to disappoint you, Patrick, but the output of the Henschel HS 190 S was only 190 bhp. Two coupled 95 bhp engines. More here (in German, of course):
bauforum24.biz/forums/topic … l/?page=23

Froggy55:

pv83:
Failed experiment nr.1

Sorry to disappoint you, Patrick, but the output of the Henschel HS 190 S was only 190 bhp. Two coupled 95 bhp engines. More here (in German, of course):
bauforum24.biz/forums/topic … l/?page=23

Ooh, that’s quite a disappointment… no wonder it wasn’t a success :wink:

pv83:
Failed experiment nr.2

A tractor unit, with a chassis of a rigid, no wonder that project didn’t take of! Although Jan de Rooy had a similar set-up, I might even posted a photo of that on here some years ago?

That’s an interesting pic a full length sleeper cab with a euro trotter top very strange why not a globe ?

Somua JL 17 with a Cottard cab.

This strange vehicle was made in 1933 out of two coupled Ford AA vans, and built for Konings of Roermond (Holland).
More here:
hemmings.com/blog/2014/06/2 … twin-twin/

pv83:
Failed experiment nr.1

Hey not so much hp’s, it had two HS95 engines, which toke it to 190hp’s, It was forbidden to built engines of more as 150hp, so Henschel thought to sail round the problem by using two engines. But the ban was a year later abandoned in '51 by the Allied Control Council. And the devellopment was stopped. Only Krupp built no bigger engine and used two 3 cil engines to have the biggest power train of Germany, 195hp, which was replaced by a 5 cil engine which caused less troublesome. But Krupp engines stayed toublesome even with the V ■■■■■■■ engines. All other stayed for some years with engines of about 140/150hp, because there was no need for long heavy distance motors because of legislation to benefit the Railway company (Deutsche Bundesbahn). After '55 road transport became more freedom and power went up. But in 1958 a minister tryed to stop roadtransport to the profit of trainways again, because the railways began to lost money. He forced a new law which never came on, with lenght limits and weights of a mid range truck. Only Mercedes (best friend of the state) tryed to adjust, with its lp333 3 axle ridgid, which was only built for two years. The model stayed only as a tractor unit LPS333 but not as a Chinese six this one, continued by the LPS2020, 2024 and so on. And in 1960 the new legislation set it on 32ton on 4 axles with at least 192hp, 38 tonners came in 1965 on 5 axles. So not to swept young expensive 2 axle trailers for the 38 ton limit, they bought 3 axle tractors, and so could the 3 axle unit survive, and Mercedes be proud to be the founders of 3 axle tractors. So everyone happy in Germancountry, this was a bit German road transport history.

Eric,

Mercedes LPS 333 from Austria.