Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:
They were mainly a builder of steam engines
albert-gieseler.de/dampf_de/ … 1151.shtml

Cheers Paul :wink:

Fergie47:

pete smith:
So the Renault Magnum wasn’t the first flat floor cab!

Nothing new Pierre, got pictures somewhere of high roof sleepers in the 1930’s… Disc brakes and air suspension on the 8 wheeler Bernard in the 60’s…pusher axles, and lift and steer in Italy in the 60’s too, so, nowt new mate

Looks like 3 different vehicles morphed into one…

pv83:
Who knows more about this marque? As it’s from Germany, I’m depending on you Herr Sutherland :wink:

I’m going to have to disappoint you as I have no idea… apart from, I think it was built last century :smiley: :smiley:

jsutherland:

pv83:
Who knows more about this marque? As it’s from Germany, I’m depending on you Herr Sutherland :wink:

I’m going to have to disappoint you as I have no idea… apart from, I think it was built last century :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Down the graveyard

Panhard and Somua and one Berliet.

nice old pic

Old boy and his wagon…Berliet 1929

Fergie47:
Down the graveyard

Pic 2 must be two Swiss Saurers

Fergie47:

Here’s the full picture! A Berliet GPC, and certainly an insulated tank for some hot liquids such as tar.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Down the graveyard

Pic 2 must be two Swiss Saurers

Cheers Paul, the chrome on the left hand one still looks good, they don’t make them with that quality today…

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

0Here’s the full picture! A Berliet GPC, and certainly an insulated tank for some hot liquids such as tar.

Nice find that full photo, there’s so much good stuff out there… :wink:

I’ve just discovered the Berliet GPC has a chain transmission to its driven axle; certainly needed regular lubrication on the roadside. And I’m just wondering if the thin pipe which can be seen under the chassis just behind the cab could be its exhaust pipe…

Froggy55:
I’ve just discovered the Berliet GPC has a chain transmission to its driven axle; certainly needed regular lubrication on the roadside. And I’m just wondering if the thin pipe which can be seen under the chassis just behind the cab could be its exhaust pipe…

I’d noticed the chain drive, it was 1929 though, and the British were still using them particularly on heavy haulage for some time after that…the pipe hanging down looks too small to be an exhaust, perhaps its a drain pipe, either off the engine or perhaps the tank itself ? it’s an insulated tank so would need venting I guess.

At the loading platform of a dairy factory in 1953, from left to right:

Nico-0016.jpg

191216093759307472.jpg

Nico-0210.JPG
Nico-0018.jpg

Monsieurs! See the Cauvas challenge on the ERF '75 thread :wink: ! Cheers,Robert

Bit of an atmosphere shot. R

ERF-NGC-European:
Bit of an atmosphere shot. R

Is my memory playing up or do I remember these old Saviems with a column change?