Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

…or a Fordson WOT , but definitely ex-British military.

lonely beetles.jpgWill any of you spot the two lonely girls on this picture which was taken in Paris in 1964? Today, their ratio is more comfortable…

Fergie47:
To know his story, who was he, what was his life…looks like he either lived or worked in Auxerre in the war years, blacked out lights, gas driven motor…we’ll never know I guess…

Good evening Fergie,

I think you well know who is this man … because this picture you took it on a French Forum … like lot’s of of the others pictures you use on this forum. :grimacing:

This man is MY father …

No problem to use our french pictures we published but for this one, please , you might asked me … mostly if you tell stupidities about it …

English friends of this forum, Fergie is not a gentleman … be careful … Everyday, his new pictures are copied …

Now, I’m registred and I will send you numerous of old picture from my last job, french heavy hauling trailer’s manufacturer , NICOLAS which sold lot’s of trailers to Econofreight, ALE, Wynn’s, … I found them on Record Department just before being fired.

English friends of this forum, have a nice evening I will come back very soon with my pictures …

Hi Fergie, you should copy this picture and … send it in France … LOL

Nico-0197.JPG

combi89:

combi89 - I for one am grateful for Fergie posting pictures on here for I would never have found them in another Forum. Also, Fergie was not being disrespectful to your father at all.

You have obviously had many adventures and experiences throughout your working-life. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Thanks for posting them.

jsutherland:

combi89:

combi89 - I for one am grateful for Fergie posting pictures on here for I would never have found them in another Forum. Also, Fergie was not being disrespectful to your father at all.

You have obviously had many adventures and experiences throughout your working-life. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Hi, well understand your point of view, no problem …

You might see most of my pictures on ‘‘heavy haulage trought the years’’ …

Best regards from France

jsutherland:

combi89:

I concur with Johnnie, combi89, if it wasn’t for Fergie, Froggy and Michel, I wouldn’t have seen and learned so much about just the one photo, posted with or without permission from others.

And it’s amazing how much one photo can do, we all remember Saviem (rip) and how he got carried away with information and details, putting the right context to go with the photo so to speak, that is the main purpose of this particular thread.

Furthermore I would like to say that knowing Fergie in person, I very much doubt that there’s a more sincere person on here (I’m not saying that because Mrs Fergie is spanking my legs right now…).

pv83:

jsutherland:

combi89:

I concur with Johnnie, combi89, if it wasn’t for Fergie, Froggy and Michel, I wouldn’t have seen and learned so much about just the one photo, posted with or without permission from others.

And it’s amazing how much one photo can do, we all remember Saviem (rip) and how he got carried away with information and details, putting the right context to go with the photo so to speak, that is the main purpose of this particular thread.

Furthermore I would like to say that knowing Fergie in person, I very much doubt that there’s a more sincere person on here (I’m not saying that because Mrs Fergie is spanking my legs right now…).

Afternoon combi89,
This site is not a facebook type of environment, we have a laugh and a joke without any malice or harm meant. We all also have pictures sent to us and have no clue about their source! I would like to reinforce PV83’s comments above and that I have also met Fergie47 on numerous occasions and he is one of life’s gentlemen.
Please keep posting and share with us your pictures, I for one have limited knowledge of the “French Scene” and enjoy seeing the different and sometimes very flamboyant cab designs,
Best Regards Pete

Peace and love :laughing: :laughing: … and an other Saviem …

Nico-0198.JPG

combi89:

A very nice set up there, do you know what make the cars are? Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

combi89:

Pete, I think the cars are Simca…not 100% sure, Cheers, Ray.

Ray Smyth:

pete smith:

combi89:

The first one looks like a Renault 8? The other one looks like a Simca Aronde?

Welcome to combi89- it looks like we have another member of the group :smiley: . With regard to the posting of pictures from other sites- it is good because, on here, the pictures receive more attention, through greater discussion. While those other sites have a huge amount of pictures, this forum has plenty of observers who dig, obsessively, for the information around the images. It is all good. :smiley:

On that note, I believe the car on the front of the transporter to be a 10, due to its extra chrome trim and, if my eyes do not deceive me, round front arch. In my opinion, the 8 was a much better-looking car, especially the Gordini. According to Wikipedia, the R8 was styled by Philippe Charbonneaux, one of the heroes of this thread.

pv83:

Ray Smyth:

pete smith:

combi89:

The first one looks like a Renault 8? The other one looks like a Simca Aronde?

The first one is a Renault but a 10, not an 8. Very similar mechanically and visually but with an elongated snout (to increase boot space-they were rear-engined) and rear just to balance the styling up. I had one. Loved it, it had 4 wheel disc brakes. Quite rare for such a car at the time.

A French bodybuilder near Clermont Ferrand in Auvergne ,had realized this cab on a Berliet GLC 6M. : Teilhol in Courpière.

Good Evening

you are right gentlemen, first one Renault 10, second one Simca Aronde and the trailer is from NICOLAS :slight_smile:

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Well and truly a fan now.

combi89:
Good Evening

you are right gentlemen, first one Renault 10, second one Simca Aronde and the trailer is from NICOLAS :slight_smile:

Good morning Combi,
Thank you for sharing your pics, have you any of the Tractomas units? If so, you will have a friend for life in PV83 as he is an avid fan! Cheer’s Pete

To combi89

Bonjour

Firstly, I did NOT know that the picture I put up was that of your father, how would I ? secondly I was NOT telling “stupidities about it”, far from it. I was being very respectful, asking …who was he ? what was his story ? what was his life driving camions ? the answers would have brought the photograph to life and made it an interesting story. However, as I am a “gentleman”, please except my apology if it has upset you, and of course I will removed the photo from the Saviem thread

Secondly…yes I use many of the French web sites, including Saviem, Renault, Berliet, Bernard, Unic, old time camions, Convoi Exceptionnel, plus various others forums, including old villages and town sites, also pictures from old magazines, books and postcards, many photos I have sent to me from 2 French friends, also forums from Italy, Germany Holland…
I look for old and interesting photos ( like your fathers) of camions, and their drivers, also old scenes of people and places in France. I do this because I was fortunate to have worked here in the late sixties and early seventies, many people looking at this Saviem thread never had the opportunity, or were too young, but are very interested in the old French camions. When I post an old pictures we are lucky to have many people on here who can give us good information about them, Froggy, Michel, Anorak and a few more, to make the picture far more interesting.

Thirdly…I believe that if people do not want a photo reproduced they can either , put their name across the photo, or write COPYRIGHT across it, or don’t publish it at all, if you publish a picture then it’s for the whole world to see, not just on one forum or a thread…and can be used by others. I have had many of my own photos published on other sites, it is not a problem, I am happy others can use them. I have been doing this for over 11 years now without a complaint.

So now Combi89 you have my explanation, and you are registered on this forum, I hope that we can maybe work together ? When I put up old photos, then with all your experience you can perhaps identify the lorries and give us all some information on them, like others do…its always welcomed by me and everyone else I’m sure. I also look forward to seeing your photos and stories of your work in France.

Cordialement
Fergie

To…Johnny, Pete, Patrick and Anorak…thank you for your kind words, appreciated…

Sorry for the delay in answering, my old computer finally packed in, it has taken a few days to transfer everything on to another computer with a new up dated linux system, its taken ages, :unamused:

Hi Dave! It looks I have missed a chapter somewhere, or perhaps some posts were withdrawn. I think the French are more touchy concerning copyright than the British; some even suspect you may make money out of their pictures. Personnally, if ever I discover one of my pictures on a forum or blog, I feel it as a compliment, but that’s not the way everyone goes. When I feel it’s needed, I just put a link to the sources.
Cheers
Paul