Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Is that G88 or is it just an optical illusion? Robert

150783_880569878652054_1394801513426444723_n.jpg

That’s an ERF NGC draw-bar outfit in the background! I’ll pop a more detailed comment on the ERF 1975 thread for you. Robert

1001253_583022308406814_856297446_n.jpg

A high-cabbed Jelce! Now there’s a novelty! Robert

1425717_1025562884152752_1955989038041436231_n.jpg

It is indeed a G, with a particularly smart livery.

Those TAMs look quite modern for their time, with hindsight.

[zb]
anorak:

Cancelled export order maybe? Or was a G version available in Sweden?

Aye, doens’t look all that dated those TAM’s, wonder how good they were to drive…

pv83:
Scenes from the 70’s and 80’s with some exotics thrown in for good measure…

Most interesting are Pic 1 (Nigerian Berliet TR 250 6x4, maybe locally assembled), and Pic 6 showing a very modern looking Miesse (Belgian truck make) truck!

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Cancelled export order maybe? Or was a G version available in Sweden?

Aye, doens’t look all that dated those TAM’s, wonder how good they were to drive…

There are pics. of G’s on Swedish plates around the place. Those UK double-bottom trial vehicles used G89s, IIRC.

TAM is still alive and kicking, according to its website.

Froggy55:

pv83:
Scenes from the 70’s and 80’s with some exotics thrown in for good measure…

Most interesting are Pic 1 (Nigerian Berliet TR 250 6x4, maybe locally assembled), and Pic 6 showing a very modern looking Miesse (Belgian truck make) truck!

Hey,

Like I see is that an Portugal build Berliet at the city Tramagal, and so it was called Berliet Tramagal, I think even sure that the the pic was made Container port Sines or the old Setubal containerport.
Here the same Miesse working for a fun fair trader, till it fade away in his back yard, about 10 years ago, pitty it was not collected, the cab was built by Stoelen coachbuilders.

Eric,

You’re right about the Berliet! I hadn’t noticed the Tramagal mention on its logo. Berliet also had a factory in Nigeria. A real pity for the Miesse. :frowning:

Just picked on a French forum, here’s an old Scania, maybe a LB 75; maybe some of you will tell more about it?

Froggy55:
Just picked on a French forum, here’s an old Scania, maybe a LB 75; maybe some of you will tell more about it?

Hey Froggy,

I should go for the L71 because of the bulb for the aircleaner on the right hand side of the bonnet. LB is Always a cabover, B of Bulldog, L means truck. With that type of nose you had the L20 and 60, 4 cyl were L10/40/51. But before the 71 and 51, you could find the tyes L61/63/21/42 and so on, that was only to show the configuration, truck, artic bogie and so on, like you had later for instance the L/LS/LT and of course the characters at the back as A/B/BA/C…
Exemple LB110BA as is a forwardcontrol, 11 liter engine and 19 tons truck total weight.

Eric,

Thnaks for the lesson! I had no idea wht the Scania type letters meant!

Skoda Advertisement. Note the passenger semi-trailer, which was never authorised in France. The cab is quite resembling to Berliet’s wide “Relaxe” cab. Rather roomy.

bing.com/videos/search?q=sk … ORM=VDQVAP
Edit- this shows the Skoda 706 tractor with its bus trailer.

Some of the Skodas had back seats, so that explains why the cab was so big.

And this one, withe the passenger semi-trailor
youtu.be/uH53iEzyJU8

Froggy55:
And this one, withe the passenger semi-trailor
youtu.be/uH53iEzyJU8

Here is also one:

youtu.be/5R_FaY0Jb2Q

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

What a pity there’s no sound on this excellent quality video! It brings me back to January 1980 when I was practising on a Berliet TR 280 (fitted with a good power steering, unlike the Seddon…) for my driving licence. Same manoeuvering between bollards.

A Bernard 6R150 from Saint-Marc.

Bernard_6R150_1960_Saint-Marc_20190113.jpeg