Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pv83:

timbuck2uk:
Hi

New to forum, searching for help with a Saviem TP3 Petrol…
is this the place ?

needing a parts manual or help with getting a cpl Distributor and wiring harness for it + knowing if 24v or 12v distributor?

any help much appriciated to get the old girl going again…

thanks
Tim

Ey up Tim,

Reckon Davidoff, Froggy55 or Michel on here can push you in the right direction regarding your Saviem. Got a pic of the old girl perchance…?

Cheers, Patrick

Hi - Any help much appreciated - also if you guys know what I have for sure it would help too as I bought a parts book on CD for the TP3 but all it shows is Diesel engines non of the drawings are for the petrol engine

Some good old photos there Whips, and some good info from Froggy… :smiley:

It appears you’re stuck somewhere and bored then PV,… :unamused:

Tim
[/quote]
Ey up Tim,

Reckon Davidoff, Froggy55 or Michel on here can push you in the right direction regarding your Saviem. Got a pic of the old girl perchance…?

Cheers, Patrick
[/quote]
Hi - Any help much appreciated - also if you guys know what I have for sure it would help too as I bought a parts book on CD for the TP3 but all it shows is Diesel engines non of the drawings are for the petrol engine
[/quote]
Davidoff, Froggy55 or Michel - are you able to help with where to get parts for a petrol saviem ?

Kerbut
Hi Nigel sure do, Silver City was state of the art in those days. We used to load ex Channel Isle Silver Citys at Eastliegh in 50/60’s

regards Chris

timbuck2uk:
Tim

Ey up Tim,

Cheers, Patrick
[/quote]
[/quote]
Davidoff, Froggy55 or Michel - are you able to help with where to get parts for a petrol saviem ?
[/quote]
The TP 3 was also sold with a petrol engine:
r2087.free.fr/new/pages.php3?num=15

When does it date from?

My advice is that you should search on Internet, in French of course, googling in something like “cherche moteur essence pour Saviem TP3”. An idea of what you can find with this website:
framery.fr/31-saviem-tp3

framery.fr/saviem-tp3/628-mo … e-tp3.html

If ever they can’t supply the good parts, maybe they could tell you more…

Cheers

Paul

Dipster:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Sorry, but there’s a mistake on Pic2. Cosne sur Loire is in the Nièvre Département (not Indre). The building behind the Leyland Cub is the townhall where my parents married in September 1954!

La Belle France has had a habit of realigning the boundaries of its “departements” (sorry, too complicated to use accents on my keyboard) over the years. Could this be the case here Froggy?

No realignment in this case! The département de l’Indre (Châteauroux) is 150 kms South-West from the Nièvre. English Counties as as mysterious for us French, if not even more… :slight_smile:

La Belle France has had a habit of realigning the boundaries of its “departements” (sorry, too complicated to use accents on my keyboard) over the years. Could this be the case here Froggy?
[/quote]
No realignment in this case! The département de l’Indre (Châteauroux) is 150 kms South-West from the Nièvre. English Counties as as mysterious for us French, if not even more… :slight_smile:
[/quote]
And for me! I still refer to counties that do not exist anymore…

Timbuck, you have this connection which can help :
facebook.com/TP3saviemrenault/

One for Fergie! Robert

I spotted this McCormick last Monday near Pouilly sur Loire. Looks in perfect condition.

Froggy55:
I spotted this McCormick last Monday near Pouilly sur Loire. Looks in perfect condition.

Whilst we are on the subject of tractors, I bet this bloke wishes he had secured this a bit better?

39407852_523820901408482_725758497026736128_n.jpg

Three good pics there,
Robert, looks like London docks, in the late fifties or early sixties I’d guess, i remember seeing them on flat bed single axle trailers, pulled by Commer two strokes, they loaded them side on, five on a trailer…the old Fergie is popular here in France

Froggy, ripe for restoration, probably wouldn’t take a lot and not expensive compared to cars, lorries or motorbikes, fancy having a go at it ?

Pete. …Owch. …that looks an expensive day out …bet the tractor survived the best out of that lot…

Thanks for posting

pete smith:

Froggy55:
1I spotted this McCormick last Monday near Pouilly sur Loire. Looks in perfect condition.

Whilst we are on the subject of tractors, I bet this bloke wishes he had secured this a bit better?

Was that trailer just used as a ramp to load that tractor into the back of that… whatever it is…? I’ll get me coat…

Fergie’s Ltd on a roll again in rural Brittany… :unamused:

Fergie having a grand day out… :unamused:

20140110_1530238550369952_4008676863287216471_n.png

Fergie’s idea of “downsizing”… :unamused:

Fergie&Gromit… a grand day out part 2… :unamused:

Pubquiz question… What are they…?

You know Whippersnapper, for someone whos gonna be close to me in a few weeks, you ain’t half pushing your luck…and this time I’ve got back up, so watch it… :unamused: :unamused:

pv83:
Pubquiz question… What are they…?

FAP.