Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

No photoshopping for this Chinese MAN-cabbed triple steer Baoji.

I am sure most of us have been in this situation before…

Froggy55:
No photoshopping for this Chinese MAN-cabbed triple steer Baoji.

I bet (and hope) that ZB Anorak is arranging at least a Bollinger-Magnum for you as is
quite usual with the rootes of this thread for good old Saviem-John.

ERF-Continental:
…with the roots of this thread for good old Saviem-John.

This press cutting is from 1987, but I recall a meeting with John at the Harrogate TipCon in 1983 where Renault Trucks had someone ‘famous’ (who I had never heard of) on their stand signing toy trucks!. John thrust this toy into my hand, and with a wink said “…it’ll be worth a fortune one day”!
I only came across it again last year, sadly too late to ask John who on earth it was that signed it!.

David Miller:
Good morning Patrick.

What a pleasant surprise to wake to a Pegaso morning! Thank you mate. So I hope I might be forgiven if I add a couple of pictures of the 1105 that I restored when I lived in Spain.

As I brought her.

Using all the tools.

Nearly finished, waiting for the new tilt and some back mudguards.

At her first show.

David

Ey up Mr Miller,

No worries mate, have got some more up my sleeve… :wink:

Cracking little motor you’ve had mate, you’ve done a proper job by the looks of it.
Whereabouts did you lived in Spain if you don’t mind me asking?

jsutherland:

Fergie Ltd…? As usual…? :unamused: :laughing:

pv83:

jsutherland:

Fergie Ltd…? As usual…? :unamused: [emoji38]

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

pv83:
This looks like a proper piece of kit…

Definitely photoshopped! Wheels on axles 2 & 3 are absolutely identical.

Well spotted. It still looks the business, though. This week’s challenge is to find a photograph of a real triple steer lorry. I bet there are none.

Pity, however, I’ve found some pic’s of the later model that came out, which aren’t photoshopped, saw them “in the flesh” back in the day…

13428575_1646985782292638_9030562079531699267_n.jpg

11073568_1595170417406484_6409395352758567322_n.jpg

13393995_1646984335626116_7599450753266902476_n.jpg

Froggy55:
A brand new Willème cattle carrier with a Cottard cab, probably at a Truck Show.

Pure art isn’t it.

Mallorca Patrick.

David

Interesting, these Dutch-registered Pegaso 10x4s! Maybe a Ginaf-style local conversion?

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

pv83:
This looks like a proper piece of kit…

Definitely photoshopped! Wheels on axles 2 & 3 are absolutely identical.

Well spotted. It still looks the business, though. This week’s challenge is to find a photograph of a real triple steer lorry. I bet there are none.

Pity, however, I’ve found some pic’s of the later model that came out, which aren’t photoshopped, saw them “in the flesh” back in the day…

Oatrick, how many shoe boxes do you have■■? Someone mentions 3 steering axels and voila, you produce a handful of pictures! Danke schön.
Johnny

Some Renaults getting severe abuse at suakin , south of Port Sudan ,eastern desert can be 48-50 degrees !!!

fgm:
Some Renaults getting severe abuse at suakin , south of Port Sudan ,eastern desert can be 48-50 degrees !!!

Interesting pics of a fascinating part of the world. You may like to add your pics to a Sudan thread I started some time ago. Here’s the link:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=120040&hilit=sudan

Robert

Very basically built, these old Renault were most uncomfortable, but also indestructible! They may still be there in 20 years!

pv83:

jsutherland:

Rubbish, that’s not fully freighted …should have fitted a roof rack to that van,
… and that trailer…

Fergie47:

pv83:

jsutherland:

Rubbish, that’s not fully freighted …should have fitted a roof rack to that van,
… and that trailer…

:smiley:

German Rumpler RuV (1931). Front driven and powered by a 200 bhp Maybach V12 engine

[/quote]
Patrick, how many shoe boxes do you have■■? Someone mentions 3 steering axels and voila, you produce a handful of pictures! Danke schön.
Johnny

[/quote]
Being interested from a young age on does help a wee bit Herr Sutherland :wink:

David Miller:
Mallorca Patrick.

David

Makes perfectly sense you went back to live in the UK again then mate :laughing: Right, I’ll get me coat…