Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
To young to die ?

It could be over 20 years old. The straw bales in the background suggest it might still see a bit of seasonal action. I reckon now is the time to start hiding these early 4 series Scanias away. A 144 will be as sought-after in 10 years’ time as a 143 is now. Maybe.

[zb]
anorak:

Fergie47:
To young to die ?

It could be over 20 years old. The straw bales in the background suggest it might still see a bit of seasonal action. I reckon now is the time to start hiding these early 4 series Scanias away. A 144 will be as sought-after in 10 years’ time as a 143 is now. Maybe.

I think also the Renault Magnum, todays Transcontinental, a wise man with a shilling and a big shed wouldn’t do too bad buying a couple…I’ve got the space…but no money… :wink:

Fergie47:

MaggieD:

Fergie47:
Nostalgic pic…

Hi Dave

Is that Patrick in the photo being restrained by his nanny as he tries to get to a low loader ?

Regards
Richard

jsutherland:

MaggieD:

Fergie47:
Nostalgic pic…

Hi Dave

Is that Patrick in the photo being restrained by his nanny as he tries to get to a low loader ?

Regards
Richard

So it is Richard. Well spotted [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry to say you’re both wrong…Patrick is disguised as the nanny, trying to recruit the young chap into showing him how to work the manuel gearbox fitted to his new Renault wagon pictured in the background… :smiling_imp:

There there Senior, we both know what the true story is here…

Richard, Johnny, let me explain how it went, aye I’m that wee lad, was just looking at that Renault, and was quite shocked to find that Fergie just popped up out of the blue and dressed up for some reason as me nan… Now if that alone wasn’t enough to haunt me for the rest of my life, he started talking about auto 'boxes and such… Utter ■■■■■■■■ I replied, and that was when he wacked me with his handbag (we’ve got the pic as proof…)

When Fergie takes his much needed medication he’s doing just fine, but when he doesn’t… last time he didn’t took his pills he was spotted in Amsterdam on one of the annual canal parades singing his heart out to the Scissor Sisters…

Here’s Fergie testing his version of the Reliant Robin… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

On to more serious and pressing matters… No, it’s not about doing a nr.2…

Who can identify the wagons in the pic’s?

Fergie47:

[zb]
anorak:

Fergie47:
To young to die ?

I think also the Renault Magnum, todays Transcontinental, a wise man with a shilling and a big shed wouldn’t do too bad buying a couple…I’ve got the space…but no money… :wink:

Good thoughts. A 1990 Mk1 Magnum, when it was called an AE500, and Magnum was just the reference to the high spec cab trim (or whatever. I can’t remember properly).

Fergie47:
Old heavies…

Cheers Senior :wink:

Interesting kit Welti-Furrer had…

Fergie47:
Bridge testing…old style

Or just another strike…? Right, I’ll get me coat… :blush: :blush:

Fergie47:

[zb]
anorak:

Fergie47:
To young to die ?

It looks to be a “phase 2”, started doing international work with such a Scanny with the flat roof, 380hp, 8-speed gear box, but pulled like a train!
Not sure if that’s the new “classic to be” though, the 3-series had it, everything that came out after that isn’t worth keeping…imho of course :blush:

A Magnum or AE or whatever it’s name is would be something for Dave Junior to collect Senior! Maybe you can persuade him :wink:
Ever driven one of those?

pv83:

Richard, Johnny, let me explain how it went, aye I’m that wee lad, was just looking at that Renault, and was quite shocked to find that Fergie just popped up out of the blue and dressed up for some reason as me nan… Now if that alone wasn’t enough to haunt me for the rest of my life, he started talking about auto 'boxes and such… Utter ■■■■■■■■ I replied, and that was when he wacked me with his handbag (we’ve got the pic as proof…)

When Fergie takes his much needed medication he’s doing just fine, but when he doesn’t… last time he didn’t took his pills he was spotted in Amsterdam on one of the annual canal parades singing his heart out to the Scissor Sisters…

You are SOOOO dead…and then I’ll sell your body for medical research…

pv83:
A Magnum or AE or whatever it’s name is would be something for Dave Junior to collect Senior! Maybe you can persuade him :wink:

I’ve driven a fair few, but not for a living, just road testing…

Fergie47:

pv83:

Oh Patrick, what have you done now. So, the cat is out of the bag now. Never thought Fergie was like that. But there you go, life is full of surprises. [emoji3][emoji3]

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Oh Patrick, what have you done now. So, the cat is out of the bag now. Never thought Fergie was like that. But there you go, life is full of surprises. [emoji3][emoji3]

Careful Herr Sutherland, I can sell two as easily as one…

One way to load a digger…

jsutherland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnLuKrnXBz4
One way to load a digger…

Looks like Fergie is driving shotgun once again… whilst whistling a tune from his favourite band… and wearing leather trousers as boiler suit… :unamused:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Yes, I love you to Senior :wink:

Fergie47:

pv83:

How was the handling? Seemed that after a few years of service the cab always rested to one side…

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

How was the handling? Seemed that after a few years of service the cab always rested to one side…

Just spotted this while perusing YouTube:

youtube.com/watch?v=2_rOtybK8U8

pv83:

Its split radiator grille could make the first one a Renault, though its cab looks Citroën.

The second one could be a FWD Mercedes-Benz of the late 50s or early 60s.

Froggy55:

pv83:

Its split radiator grille could make the first one a Renault, though its cab looks Citroën.

The second one could be a FWD Mercedes-Benz of the late 50s or early 60s.

Cheers Froggy :wink: