Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Never knew this…Deutz motor ?

Fergie47:

It’s a Seddon 13:4 Dave, somebody has just “badge engineered” it IMHO ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Fergie47:

It was an arrangement between Seddon and the Belgian firm, Hocke. Here are some bits that will show and tell better than I can! Plus, it was Hocke who marketed LHD drive Seddons like the 38:4 unit in the bottom pictures, exhibited in Brussels in '73. Hope that helps! Robert

seddondeutz.jpg

002.jpg

Bewick:

Fergie47:

It’s a Seddon 13:4 Dave, somebody has just “badge engineered” it IMHO ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Hi John…We ran several Seddon and drag outfits like that when i was a nipper at GECO in Southampton, they had the Perkins ( 6354’s ■■?) engines in them, just wondered if this was fitted with a Maggie motor…?

Robert however has just answered the question…

Fergie47:
Bernard X 5…Berliet X 5

That wagon in the 1st and 3rd pic seems to be the same one Senior… reckon your age is showing eh… :blush: right, I’ll get me coat…

Fergie47:

Has MaggieD been busy again? :laughing: :laughing: right, I’ll get me coat…again…

pv83:

Fergie47:
Bernard X 5…Berliet X 5

That wagon in the 1st and 3rd pic seems to be the same one Senior… reckon your age is showing eh… :blush: right, I’ll get me coat…

Don’t get picky, or you’ll get your legs slapped… :smiling_imp:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:
Bernard X 5…Berliet X 5

Who’s going to do the slapping then? It’s a treat for Mrs Fergie… :wink:

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:
Bernard X 5…Berliet X 5

Who’s going to do the slapping then? It’s a treat for Mrs Fergie… :wink:

Pierre Smith…With a baseball bat…

pv83:

Fergie47:
Bernard X 5…Berliet X 5

It is indeed a Bernard which was owned by Transport Bongard of St-Péreuse, near Château-Chinon. They still exist as transporter and also run the Scania garage in Nevers. In that batch is also an interesting Berliet TLM (Fret Luzien) with a special cab.

Fergie47:
Couple of old nostalgic pic’s…

Flooded…don’t know where or when, but if the driver or the wagon had stayed in his cab, he wouldn’t have got his feet wet…

The ad’ on the right (just at the back of the bus) is about “casse-croûtes”, a typically French word for a crust-breaking; so it’s in France. Both the truck (looks a pre-WW II Berliet) and the bus are badged Mattei, which is a Corsican or at least South-East France name. If ever I get more about this very interesting picture, I’ll keep you informed.

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

[zb]
anorak:
The Italian 140 looks in very good shape- is it available for purchase?

Good Shape? It looks it’s crumbling with rust with many holes. Beside the Transcontinental is a grey Berliet, probably a narrow “Relaxe” cab; any pictures of it?

There you go Froggy

Thnks; it’s indeed a Berliet GAK/GBK/GCK with a narrow relaxe cab. Pic n° 8 on previous post is a Borel Frères Berliet TLM 10 M2 (c. 1961) which has meanwhile been saved and is awaiting restoration.

Froggy55:

[zb]
anorak:

Good Shape? It looks it’s crumbling with rust with many holes…

Looks like it’s never been welded, by the appearance of the rear quarter panel. Just the usual LB perforation to fix. I would take it on, if I had the space. I’ve gone back into the vehicle restoration trade, and I’m looking for something more interesting than the cars I could not afford when I was young enough to want a flash car :laughing: . I will “do” an LB before I retire.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

[zb]
anorak:

Good Shape? It looks it’s crumbling with rust with many holes. Beside the Transcontinental is a grey Berliet, probably a narrow “Relaxe” cab; any pictures of it?

There you go Froggy

Thnks; it’s indeed a Berliet GAK/GBK/GCK with a narrow relaxe cab. Pic n° 8 on previous post is a Borel Frères Berliet TLM 10 M2 (c. 1961) which has meanwhile been saved and is awaiting restoration.

Lots of good info there froggy… thank you…

More about the flooded scene. The first truck should be a Berliet GDHM 7, one of Berliet’s first reliable diesels. In the background on the right is a “crocodile bonnet” Renault, which is certainly in tis element with all that water…

Some D.A.F’s…

img-29941840f4.jpg

Old pic…I’m guessing around the late '20’s to mid '30’s…

I’d say it’s a Saurer. See Yvon’s website here for more tasty pictures:
yvon59.fr/photos2/yvon59/nos … /index.htm

Froggy55:
I’d say it’s a Saurer. See Yvon’s website here for more tasty pictures:
yvon59.fr/photos2/yvon59/nos … /index.htm

The pic of the lorry with all the ladies and children , barrels on the lorry reminds me of my bosses in the 60s . They certainly got every last mile out of the tires . My French is very patchy , I would love to read the text on the photos properly , teacher should have taught me when I was listening ! Dave

ALM with Panhard engine and like a Citroen cab built by “Carrosserie de Levallois”…