Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Froggy…Possibly in Carcassone …

Not possibly, but certainly in Carcassonne! You should be granted French Citizenship for your knowledge, far ahead most French People!

Everything (in French, of course) about the rail-road coach operated on the Carcassonne-Quillan railway line here:
archives-historiques.sncf.fr … 31-001.pdf

For the very few folks who do not understand French, the coach is probably a gas operated Laffly (Saurers have a different radiator grille) the axles of which rest on two “diplorries”. Only the trailer (a 1939 Decauville railcar trailer) in braked, using a very basic hand-operated screw system, totally unefficient in case of emergency but, during WW II, there were very few cars on the roads.

Thanks Paul…excellent…that was certainly a “needs must” operation in those bleak days of the forties…

Carcassonne…i read something about it ages ago, but didn’t link the photo until you said the South of France…maybe I’ll just get dual nationality… :wink:

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:
A couple for [zb] Anorak :wink:

Wow. Ta very much. The second one down is a V70 or a V71- I do not know which. If anyone has any knowledge of these pre-LV75 Fronstuur Vabis’, please spill the beans. The first one looks like an attempt to make the dustcart look like an F2600. Poeze, as far as I can remember, is the only operator to have had cabs like that on its Volvos- I wonder if they built them in-house?

Where did you find the pics? Was there any text accompanying them?

FB treasures mate, but without any info I’m afraid…

Ta for posting this one Senior, a true oddball as far as I’m concerned…

Three Kings…if you were lucky enough to have driven one of these three in the late '60’s - '70’s then you had a decent wagon…now sadly rotting away somewhere in Italy and France…

Unusual Atki

Fergie47:
Unusual Atki

Portuguese Atki with locally-built cab. There were lots of them :wink: . Robert

Fergie47:
Three Kings…if you were lucky enough to have driven one of these three in the late '60’s - '70’s then you had a decent wagon…now sadly rotting away somewhere in Italy and France…

The Italian 140 looks in very good shape- is it available for purchase?

[zb]
anorak:

Good Shape? It looks it’s crumbling with rust with many holes. Beside the Transcontinental is a grey Berliet, probably a narrow “Relaxe” cab; any pictures of it?

ERF-NGC-European:

Fergie47:
Unusual Atki

Portuguese Atki with locally-built cab. There were lots of them :wink: . Robert

Portuguese■■? Never knew they have assembled Atki’s up there as well…

Froggy55:

[zb]
anorak:

Good Shape? It looks it’s crumbling with rust with many holes. Beside the Transcontinental is a grey Berliet, probably a narrow “Relaxe” cab; any pictures of it?

At first I thought too it wasn’t that bad looking… but then I’d put me reading goggles on… fair size of project if you want to restore that one…

Scenes from Italy in the 50’s and 60’s… La dolce vita :wink:

Good pics there whippersnapper …

pv83:

Good pictures! Most are Fiats and OMs. First truck on Pic 6 remains mysterious, while second one (background) must be an OM produced under Saurer licence. No idea concerning the two tramway maintenance trucks.

Froggy55:

pv83:

Good pictures! Most are Fiats and OMs. First truck on Pic 6 remains mysterious, while second one (background) must be an OM produced under Saurer licence. No idea concerning the two tramway maintenance trucks.

Froggy55:

pv83:

First truck on pic 6 might be an ISOTTA FRASCHINI, also manufacturers of nice cars or in fact the Italian Rolls Royces.

Good pictures Patrick.

The 4th one down of the first lot is Genova unless my poor old eyes deceive me.

David

Bernard X 5…Berliet X 5

Old Bernards and Berliets not looking so good…

Froggy55:

[zb]
anorak:

There you go Froggy

Couple of old nostalgic pic’s…

Loading off or onto the ship, hope those drums were empty, or that old girl would have struggled, think they’re FIAT cars on board that freighter

Flooded…don’t know where or when, but if the driver or the wagon had stayed in his cab, he wouldn’t have got his feet wet…