Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Er… Pete…that big bloke on the left, is that you…? Right, I’ll get me coat… :unamused:

Anyone recognises this place? Looks a bit dodgy now…

22540156_10212975120591262_1627041185433089507_n.jpg

pv83:
Er… Pete…that big bloke on the left, is that you…? Right, I’ll get me coat… :unamused:

I think you’d better grab your passport as well!!! Once Pete reads this he’ll be hunting you down. He has contacts all over the place. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pv83:

Aduana, La Junquera, Gerona, Spain near the French border and, a little further away, the Spanish east coast. I’ve no idea what it’s significance is/was apart from being the last Spanish town before crossing the border into France.

Here is a picture of it today.

You can see it on Google Maps by clicking on the following link.

Of course, I may be totally wrong and will have to go into hiding - again.

Regards
Johnny

pv83:

David Miller:
Morning all.

Sat in the reception of the Hotel in Bogota I saw this monster 3 Bender. It would be an interesting thing to make go backwards

You’ve arrived safely then mate?

Never seen one like that before :open_mouth: , what’s the total length you reckon…?

I’m guessing Patrick but they must be in excess of 30 metres. The city is full of them but they run in dedicated lanes and at stops that are more like tube platforms. And yes I arrived no problem and after visits to some highly dodgy car dealers I have finally found a little beauty from a private seller so it’s all looking good.

David

jsutherland:

pv83:

I think you’d better grab your passport as well!!! Once Pete reads this he’ll be hunting you down. He has contacts all over the place. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Johnny

Put me reading goggles on just now, seems I’ve posted the wrong pic then it seems… :laughing: :laughing:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Aduana, La Junquera, Gerona, Spain near the French border and, a little further away, the Spanish east coast. I’ve no idea what it’s significance is/was apart from being the last Spanish town before crossing the border into France.

Here is a picture of it today.

You can see it on Google Maps by clicking on the following link.
Google Maps

Of course, I may be totally wrong and will have to go into hiding - again.

Regards
Johnny

Aye, that’s the place, wouldn’t have thought you’d recognised the place herr Sutherland… we’ll make a lorry driver out of you eventually :wink:

Anyone remembers the white Scanny that was parked up there, driver was caught for smuggling some dodgy stuff, his wagon was stripped down neatly over the years…

David Miller:

pv83:

David Miller:
Morning all.

Sat in the reception of the Hotel in Bogota I saw this monster 3 Bender. It would be an interesting thing to make go backwards

You’ve arrived safely then mate?

Never seen one like that before :open_mouth: , what’s the total length you reckon…?

I’m guessing Patrick but they must be in excess of 30 metres. The city is full of them but they run in dedicated lanes and at stops that are more like tube platforms. And yes I arrived no problem and after visits to some highly dodgy car dealers I have finally found a little beauty from a private seller so it’s all looking good.

David

Blimey! Quite longish that is… wonder why those aren’t introduced here in the “old world”…

Any pic’s of your new set of wheels then mate? Or are you busy burning some rubber due to that mighty V8 roaring under the bonnet… :laughing:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Johnny

Put me reading goggles on just now, seems I’ve posted the wrong pic then it seems… [emoji38] [emoji38]

Not sure if that excuse will save you…

jsutherland:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Johnny

Put me reading goggles on just now, seems I’ve posted the wrong pic then it seems… [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hi PV,
It MAY be me on the left but from what I hear it WAS you that got it stuck, manual gearbox you see Johnny, no further explanation needed!

pete smith:

jsutherland:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Johnny

Hi PV,
It MAY be me on the left but from what I hear it WAS you that got it stuck, manual gearbox you see Johnny, no further explanation needed!

Thanks for the clarification Pete. He’s probably going to hide somewhere in France.
Johnny

Johnny,
PV is probably hiding behind Daves settee cushions again, working on the theory that if he cannot see us we cannot see him!

pete smith:
Johnny,
PV is probably hiding behind Daves settee cushions again, working on the theory that if he cannot see us we cannot see him!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

jsutherland:

pete smith:
Johnny,

Proof Johnny or its his impression of Sponge Bob Square Pants!

pv83:

Froggy55:
Concerning the big FIAT engine, I do confirm! I had it on the TurboStar 380, and certainly the best engine I ever had on a truck! Better event than the 480 bhp 17 litre V8.

Really? I would have thought that mighty lump would be king…?

Its problem was that it’s oversquare (145 mm bore & 130 mm stroke), when the 6-cyl was 137 x 156; giving a much better torque at lower revs. La Junquera is still an awful place! I drove past it on the motorway 2 weeks ago.

Renault-pour-la-Rochepot-1.jpg

Very trim. Love the 10-metre Savoyade trailer! Robert

3150086742_1_2_L6EtLs0K.jpg

0cbf769c5c196f8b17a43767063ebbd6--dubois-route-nationale.jpg

pete smith:

jsutherland:

pete smith:
Johnny,

Proof Johnny or its his impression of Sponge Bob Square Pants!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]