Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Where has Fergie disappeared too any one know he used to be on here nearly every day, Buzzer.

Spoke to Liz and Fergie last week John, they are both fine and Fergie will be back on air very soon he assures me!

pete smith:

Buzzer:
Where has Fergie disappeared too any one know he used to be on here nearly every day, Buzzer.

Spoke to Liz and Fergie last week John, they are both fine and Fergie will be back on air very soon he assures me!

Is he still using smoke signals for communication?

Right, I’ll get me coat… :blush:

pv83:

pete smith:

Buzzer:

Is he still using smoke signals for communication?

Right, I’ll get me coat… :blush:

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi! Patric,you posted this one a couple pages back. This is an old swedish army truck and trailer. Kinda strange that it ended up down there,cos you can export old army gear from Sweden :open_mouth:

Danne

Here “before” pic

Danne

Here a Miesse tractor with Gardner engine built in Belgium.

michel:

Hiya,
Typical Gardner the road covered in oil.
thanks harry, long retired.

Other fomer Belgian truck manufacturers I can remember are FN, Brossel, Minerva and Denonville.

A Miesse ad in the 1960s

Commer Superpoise met zelf gemaakte cabine..jpg
The Belgian trucking world being much more interesting than what one usually think, here’s a “home-cabbed” Commer Superpoise used by Camerman, in Antwerpen.
transport-history.com/albums … autodealer

Let’s stay in Belgium with a third picture of what was at a time a “mystery truck”. According to the website quoted above, it’s a Denonville, and 15 were built. The radiator grille is veryy similar ton the one fitted on the Berliet GDM.

Any of you French contingent remember the Ferdom porte remorque system used at Sens rail-head in the '70s to facilitate the transporting by road of railway wagons to warehouses within the transport hub enabling wagons to be towed to those warehouses and loaded by forklift truck and then returned to the sidings by lorry? An ERF NGC ‘European’ registered 7583PP89 appears to have been utilised here. Does anyone know who operated this unit? Can any more pictures be found of this ERF? Robert

I think they used to use the same type of thing in Italy Robert, I remember seeing railway wagons on trailers there in the 80,s

This system was widely used in France up to the 1980s, and then gradually abandoned. In the goods yard of Bourges Raiway station, MRCI used to load a wagon on a trailer that was dragged to to the warehouse of a shoe dealer. It was towed by a Berliet TLM 15 M2, later an M3. The trailers were called “remorques porte-wagons”.

Froggy55:
This system was widely used in France up to the 1980s, and then gradually abandoned. In the goods yard of Bourges Raiway station, MRCI used to load a wagon on a trailer that was dragged to to the warehouse of a shoe dealer. It was towed by a Berliet TLM 15 M2, later an M3. The trailers were called “remorques porte-wagons”.

Yes, they’re the ones. Robert

Dirty Dan:
Hi! Patric,you posted this one a couple pages back. This is an old swedish army truck and trailer. Kinda strange that it ended up down there,cos you can export old army gear from Sweden :open_mouth:

Danne

Ey up mate,

Reckoned it was ex-Swedish military, haven’t got a clue how it ended up there mate…

harry_gill:

michel:

Hiya,
Typical Gardner the road covered in oil.
thanks harry, long retired.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll find that’s self preservation build in Harry, what’s covered in oil can’t rust, can it… :unamused: :wink:

Froggy55:
Other fomer Belgian truck manufacturers I can remember are FN, Brossel, Minerva and Denonville.

Wasn’t there a thread somewhere on TK about those various Belgium marques? Denonville surely rings a bell…, will have a wee search…

ERF-NGC-European:
Any of you French contingent remember the Ferdom porte remorque system used at Sens rail-head in the '70s to facilitate the transporting by road of railway wagons to warehouses within the transport hub enabling wagons to be towed to those warehouses and loaded by forklift truck and then returned to the sidings by lorry? An ERF NGC ‘European’ registered 7583PP89 appears to have been utilised here. Does anyone know who operated this unit? Can any more pictures be found of this ERF? Robert

Sod the ERF Robert, what about that trailer mate, far more interesting :laughing: :laughing: