Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Cracking pictures Patrick! Thanks for sharing them.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Great pictures PV83.

A friend of mine from schooldays emigrated to Canada 40 years ago and we’ve been to visit him a few times. ‘Come in August, there are 2 seasons in Canada; August and Winter!’

John.

David Miller:
Gentlemen.
Since we seem to have moved away, for a moment, from pure truck subjects I hope you would allow me to post a couple of pictures of my 1980 BMW R65 which I have just finished giving a good ‘going over’.
[/attachment]

Talking of bikes…Clearing out the loft last week and came across this … '64 / 65 Norton frame with a BSA Road Rocket engine, over a period of years it had the following engines fitted…the original 500 Dominator, 600 Dominator,a 650 Bonneville, BSA 650 Rocket, a 650 Road Rocket and a 500 BSA Gold Star DBD34…well, I was bored and loved doing it… :unamused: Bikes were simple in those days, unlike the modern stuff…engine and gearbox swaps were simple, just some alloy to make up the engine plates…2 nd pic when she had the Bonneville motor in it…some bits removed, other bits added…

In the background is my mates 1932 Riley Monaco, which he hasn’t long sold…

Back to wagons, back to the scrap yards…

willemecottardhmu8.1834.jpg

Latil.jpg

Seeing as PV has gone back to work today, thought Id better cheer him up…

img-3268480038.jpg

img-3266141618.jpg

img-2931129c81.jpg

img-2931093bbd.jpg

Fergie47:

Second picture is a Labourier, built in Mouchard (Jura)in the 1950s, and powered by a Berliet 6-cyl diesel. Now, here’s a picture of the Triumph T 110 I owned in the mid 60s, taken in the courtyard of my grandmother’s house in Cosne.

A typing mistake made one think I rode the T 110 aged 10. It was of course in 1975-76.

Dave,

I know Patrick has gone back to work today,but I think he may have forgotten how to load a machine !!

Regards
Richard

I get the feeling that there is a low bridge just out of shot in this photograph :confused:

It’s good to see some photos of British motorcycles from the 60’ s and 70’s but what did your Grandmother have to say about all the engine oil drips underneath wherever you parked the T110 Froggy?

David

David Miller:
I get the feeling that there is a low bridge just out of shot in this photograph :confused:

It’s good to see some photos of British motorcycles from the 60’ s and 70’s but what did your Grandmother have to say about all the engine oil drips underneath wherever you parked the T110 Froggy?

David

Looks to me like a Palma Mallorca plate on that BMW David but such a nice machine well done for the restoration work regards Dennis

MaggieD:
Dave,

I know Patrick has gone back to work today,but I think he may have forgotten how to load a machine !!

Regards
Richard

He’s just a nipper Richard, still got a lot to learn… :wink:

David Miller:
I get the feeling that there is a low bridge just out of shot in this photograph

David

Your right David, I’ve got an un-cropped pic, they’ve lowered it to get through…

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

Second picture is a Labourier, built in Mouchard (Jura)in the 1950s, and powered by a Berliet 6-cyl diesel. Now, here’s a picture of the Triumph T 110 I owned in the mid 60s, taken in the courtyard of my grandmother’s house in Cosne.

Wish you still had if Froggy ?..be worth a few francs now…wish I’d kept all mine…

David Miller:

David

She kept complaining about my oily fingers, but never put a foot in the stable where I used to part the bike.

Fergie47:
Back to wagons, back to the scrap yards…
3565761390738101517934848279931955925887n.jpg

This looks like quite a recent photograph, and the one in the middle looks saveable (Saviem, with early Cottard Boule??). Are those either side ex-US Army vehicles?

MaggieD:
Dave,

Regards
Richard

Nice Berliet TRH350 that - thanks for posting. Love those old French power motors!

Looks to me like a Palma Mallorca plate on that BMW David but such a nice machine well done for the restoration work regards Dennis

Thanks Dennis. It is indeed a Palma plate. I brought the bike in 1990 from a Guardia Civil who had had a little incident with it and no longer wanted to ride it. She has taken me all over Europe - furthest was the North of Denmark - and was a faithful friend but she needed an overhaul.

Back on the road in UK she now sports an age related UK number plate.

David

[zb]
anorak:
This looks like quite a recent photograph, and the one in the middle looks saveable (Saviem, with early Cottard Boule??). Are those either side ex-US Army vehicles?

The vehicle is well known and to the best of my knowledge is in good hands and being well preserved. It’s a Bernard with Cottard body.
Here it is on the road.

pv83:
Did some of those “survived” perchange…?

One did. Unfortunaly it has lost its original body, so I’m not sure if it is in the best of hands.

Now here’s one that’s even more unusual, body by Karosa:

willemek158b55csadkarosa1oj.jpg