Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

barreiros:

Not sure this truck is a Willème. Looking at the signpost, the style of the buildings and the white numberplates, it could rather be in Germany. I’ll see with my French friends…

I’d say you were right Froggy. By that long front wing I would say Mercedes.

David

I had at first thought of Faun or Kaelble, but it could indeed be a MB. And why not a MAN for th one on the far left? I’ve launched an inquiry on my usual French forum…

Hey, you have right its a Willème, here one in use at Maroc.

Eric,

Hey, some OM’s.

Eric,

John West:
Great pictures PV83.

A friend of mine from schooldays emigrated to Canada 40 years ago and we’ve been to visit him a few times. ‘Come in August, there are 2 seasons in Canada; August and Winter!’

John.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fergie47:

MaggieD:
Dave,

I know Patrick has gone back to work today,but I think he may have forgotten how to load a machine !!

Regards
Richard

He’s just a nipper Richard, still got a lot to learn… :wink:

David Miller:
I get the feeling that there is a low bridge just out of shot in this photograph

David

Ta David, finally some sensible words on here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Fergie, this could have been me easily, with a big smile on me face behind the steering wheel…well on most days then no doubt…

Who knows more about this then?

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

It was on the news this morning Donald Trump wants the statue back :unamused:

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

Regards
Richard

Surely the statue has got a immigrant status now, don’t reckon it’s going to be that easy for the statue to pass that border… :wink:

big-1760482197.jpg

Stumbled upon some more pic’s of that Tractomas that’s still in use at the Alstom/GE works in Belfort. Apparentely they’ve got a MAN as well, haven’t seen that one before…

pv83:

MaggieD:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

Regards
Richard

Surely the statue has got a immigrant status now, don’t reckon it’s going to be that easy for the statue to pass that border… :wink:

Let him have it, provided that he gives the Statue of Liberty back to Egypt. That statue (of liberty) was fashioned by the French as the Light of Asia statue that should have stood at the head of the Suez Canal in Port Said. The Egyptians ran out of money to pay for the statue because the Brits were running a protection racket on Egyptian cotton and sending it all cheap to the dark satanic mills in the north of England - well, that’s what I read, anyway. So the French sold it to the bloody Yanks instead. Dammit, you couldn’t make this stuff up! Clearly, Trumpety-trump hasn’t the monopoly of bizarre politics! Robert :laughing:

Froggy55:

barreiros:

Not sure this truck is a Willème. Looking at the signpost, the style of the buildings and the white numberplates, it could rather be in Germany. I’ll see with my French friends…

It’s Czechoslovakia! You might want to have a closer look at the picture I posted one earlier, as the one you referred to was a follow-up to it. CSAD had a few of those Willèmes in their early days!

3284271596_1_6_OfsROnx3.jpg