Safety trainers

Company issue. Apache according to the tag on them. I’m particularly hard on boots due to the fact that when shunting I do (according to my fit bit thingy and I phone) in excess of 20k steps a day and end up splitting usually the soles but sometimes the uppers too. I’ve had this pair for over a year which is some kind of record for me. No idea of price though Robroy, a nice man just hands them over the counter to me :smiley:

image.jpeg

the maoster:
Company issue. Apache according to the tag on them. I’m particularly hard on boots due to the fact that when shunting I do (according to my fit bit thingy and I phone) in excess of 20k steps a day and end up splitting usually the soles but sometimes the uppers too. I’ve had this pair for over a year which is some kind of record for me. No idea of price though Robroy, a nice man just hands them over the counter to me :smiley:

We get an allowance of, wait for it…£15. :unamused:
Or you can get a pair of boots off them (that are knocked out at 15 quid) but they’re the most cheapest nastiest ■■■■ things you’ve ever seen. :smiley:
I only had one pair when I first started, they were uncomfortable, but not only that, they made ■■■■■■■ noises at every step. :smiley:

pierrot 14:
Sports Direct do safety footwear, Dunlop is their main brand and there is a large variety to choose from:-

sportsdirect.com/mens/mens- … tr-lp-2017

I just bought the Dunlop ‘hi vis’ trainers and they are the most comfy safety shoes ive ever used, and they dont feel like lead weights on my feet, very light too. Can highly recommend them! Also got lucky on a 20% off everything day at sports direct so got them for £25!

robroy:
, they made ■■■■■■■ noises at every step. :smiley:

Sod all to do with the boots mate, that’s age related flatulence! :smiley:

the maoster:

robroy:
, they made ■■■■■■■ noises at every step. :smiley:

Sod all to do with the boots mate, that’s age related flatulence! :smiley:

Ok, but at least I could get away with it by blaming the boots.
:laughing:

I got mine from James Anthony Workwear
Work clothes store in England
Address: 4 Tundry Way, Blaydon-on-Tyne NE21 5SJ
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Mon
Phone: 0191 499 0001

best price I have found locally good range as well

A word of warning on the Dunlop boots. I’ve drive for sports direct and where not aloud to wear ANY Dunlop boots/trainers (yes the ones they sell) because they don’t meet the safety standards of there insurance if you do your not covered. It mite be we just have strict insurers. Either way you’ve been warned your little piggies mite not be insured.

BGD:
A word of warning on the Dunlop boots. I’ve drive for sports direct and where not aloud to wear ANY Dunlop boots/trainers (yes the ones they sell) because they don’t meet the safety standards of there insurance if you do your not covered. It mite be we just have strict insurers. Either way you’ve been warned your little piggies mite not be insured.

■■? :astonished: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But they are allowed to sell them!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/product … =489008696

Not steelies Rob but…supremely comfortable to drive in.

I know you didnt ask for shorts but also very comfortable and have dual use, daily wear/swimshorts from Next, ‘Threadbare’ or 'Jack and Jones Multies both available in black and have the mesh lining which stops the sweaty betty syndrome when sitting in the drivers seat for hours on end. I bought them from Gib but im sure they must also be available in the UK, not expensive either…

pierrot 14:

BGD:

I believe there made to the basic HSE safety standards to stop your toes from being crushed with no extra protection anywhere else.

pierrot 14:

BGD:

Anything shady to do with Mike Ashley doesn’t surprise me but that’s for another forum :laughing:

Can you post a picture of your shorts Rob so we can make an informed recommendation for non clashing footwear.

Dipper_Dave:
Can you post a picture of your shorts Rob so we can make an informed recommendation for non clashing footwear.

Sure thing Dave.
I usually go for the George Michael Wham 1985 style.
This is a pic of me walking over to book in at Tesco rdc last week. :sunglasses:

What do ya reck ?
:smiley:

robroy:
This is a pic of me walking over to book in at Tesco rdc last week. :sunglasses:

What do ya reck ?

You could park the back wheel of a motocross bike in that crack… :grimacing:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Sure thing Dave.

What do ya reck ?

Jesus christ rob but that rucksack if you don’t mind me saying looks a bit gay. Don’t know how you dare wear it.

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Sure thing Dave.

What do ya reck ?

nice arse x

UKtramp:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Sure thing Dave.

What do ya reck ?

Jesus christ rob but that rucksack if you don’t mind me saying looks a bit gay. Don’t know how you dare wear it.

Yeh now I’ve looked at the pic, reckon I should go for something in shocking pink with gold coloured steel caps. :laughing:

Nice pair of Daisy Dukes there Rob showing just the right amount of a peachy hairy arris. Pink or White footwear would be sublime to compliment this look.
Also consider a back sack and crack wax.

bots or trainers aint gonna protect your soles for a nail going through them…nor is a boot or trainer gonna protect your ankles or feet from a forklift going over them…the same as a hard hat aint gonna stop a steel beam from crashing on your head…i wonder how we all managed without, all those years ago. :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:
Nice pair of Daisy Dukes there Rob showing just the right amount of a peachy hairy arris. Pink or White footwear would be sublime to compliment this look.
Also consider a back sack and crack wax.