Tips on shoes please

I have to wear PPE steel toe cap footwear for my new job. Can anyone recommend some lightweight steel toe capped trainers please.

I’m after something that gives good feel so isn’t too thick in the sole.

Cheers
Simon

I had some Dunlop ones from sports direct from my last job. Not sure I’ll replace with same but they are defo light and comfortable and sub 30 quid. Not fallen apart in 3 months of constant use. Better than expected.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Don’t know any sources, but I’d have some proper boots too with you as some places insist they must cover your ankles even for generalised pallet work (if you go to anywhere shipping construction materials).

remember summer is coming along sooner than you think.

summer spec.jpg

Piratefish:
I had some Dunlop ones from sports direct from my last job. Not sure I’ll replace with same but they are defo light and comfortable and sub 30 quid. Not fallen apart in 3 months of constant use. Better than expected.

Hmmm … quite a range to choose from sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-safety-boots
Bet there are many more companies/websites as well

The problem with buying online of course is that it’s difficult to try a few different styles/sizes before you buy. Shoes/boots that you are going to wear for several hours a day, especially solid safety toecaps, need to fit properly especially if your work involves a fair bit of standing/walking.

i swear nothing worse then driving in boots all day…After a week of tramping in the same boots my ■■■■■■■ boots stank

Needless to say i have now thrown my boots in the bin £90 boots i shall add!!! tomorrow i am going to buy trainers/ boots and also i need some wellies for the farms i deliver to because Christ almighty all i could smell was cow ■■■■ :smiling_imp:

Ergot2005:
i swear nothing worse then driving in boots all day…After a week of tramping in the same boots my [zb] boots stank

Needless to say i have now thrown my boots in the bin £90 boots i shall add!!! tomorrow i am going to buy trainers/ boots and also i need some wellies for the farms i deliver to because Christ almighty all i could smell was cow [zb] :smiling_imp:

Doesn’t matter what you wear on your feet - If you wear them all day every day they’ll stink. Secret is to have at least two pairs, wear them on alternate days and let them dry out in the meantime.

Roymondo:

Ergot2005:
i swear nothing worse then driving in boots all day…After a week of tramping in the same boots my [zb] boots stank

Needless to say i have now thrown my boots in the bin £90 boots i shall add!!! tomorrow i am going to buy trainers/ boots and also i need some wellies for the farms i deliver to because Christ almighty all i could smell was cow [zb] :smiling_imp:

Doesn’t matter what you wear on your feet - If you wear them all day every day they’ll stink. Secret is to have at least two pairs, wear them on alternate days and let them dry out in the meantime.

thanks buddy I’ll be doing this next week. dunno what to do with my boots at the end of the day i have seen drivers place them on the steps and shut the door on them but the door on my truck does not cover any of my steps

I would also say go for leather. Even modern “breathable” materials arent as good as that. For myself, Doc Martens fit the bill. Maybe atad dearer than some others, but hard wearing and comfy. The thick soles may not give much feel of foot controls, but you`ll soon adjust to that.

Thanks folks !!

Screwfix -Site ,Very good comfy boots

Picked up some of these last week very good and comfortable,good price too-
diy.com/departments/rigour-g … 986_BQ.prd

I’ve got a pair of CAT steel toe cap trainers, not cheap but are good quality…

ROG:

Piratefish:

Hmmm … quite a range to choose from sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-safety-boots
Bet there are many more companies/websites as well

I had a couple pairs if the Dunlop boots from Sports Direct, pretty good for £27 (that’s what they were costing) but was annoyed that I had to buy online and they charged you delivery to the shop for you to collect

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Franglais:
I would also say go for leather. Even modern “breathable” materials arent as good as that. For myself, Doc Martens fit the bill. Maybe atad dearer than some others, but hard wearing and comfy. The thick soles may not give much feel of foot controls, but you`ll soon adjust to that.

To be honest I paid more for a pair of Dr Martins and they fell apart after a very short period

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Bought some Warriors off Amazon for £14. Pretty lightweight but extremely comfortable. They sound too cheap to be true but I love them and if I get a year out of them it will be money well spent. My son bought some a few weeks ago and he loves them. Read the reviews and Give em a go.
amazon.co.uk/Warrior-Lightw … fety+boots

I’ve got a pair of Dewalt steel toe cap trainers, really comfortable.

m.www.mytoolshed.co.uk/p1078539/ … GwodmuwOsA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well these are my new shoes I’ll be trying out next week paid slightly more then the listed web price but only a few quid

Hopfully I’ll get on with them although the riggers are slightly tight on my fat calfs I mean my well big leg muscles!!!

At least my cab won’t smell of cow crap and tramps feet

Next week I’ll be buying some trainers as well and use them for only driving and companies who haven’t yet gone H & S mad

sportsdirect.com/dunlop-safe … e=18104103

sportsdirect.com/dunlop-safe … e=18106304