Safety Trainers

does anybody know if anybody makes/sells a decent pair of safety trainers (or like trainers)?

i have had a look on Arco’s website and it doesnt say if they are steel toes or not, unless i’m missing something on there!

they would need to be non slip and preferably steel toe capped.

the reason i ask is that it seems to be the start of “truckers in the buff 08” because the weather is getting (a lot) warmer and i like wearing shorts when i am hot. im not very fasion conscious (as you would know from my clothes if you met me) but even i think you look a pleb when you wear boots with shorts!

any pointers would be appreciated

Try a company called “Howsafe”

This is probably a dumb question but have you tried your local shoe shops, I think you’ll find that quite a few shops now stock safety trainers.

Also eBay safety trainers search

200 joule EN345 or EN ISO 20345.

Means steel toe caps capable of withstanding a 200 joule impact, along with some other tests, like slip resistance, contamination resistance (oils etc).

I looked it up on Google :slight_smile:

I recently bought a pair from a company called Severnside Safety (something), Swindon Village, Cheltenham. 26 quidish.

Off the M5 at Jn 10. Towards Cheltenham. Left at the first roundabout and there is an Industrial estate on your left. Work your way through the roads towards the back and it is on the right hand side.

Accessible in an artic. (most days). :laughing:

I got a pair from HSS Hire, they actually look quite good too.

scruffs.com/Cirrus?colour=6& … 5&update=1

I only paid £30 for them though, not the £47 RRP.

Dickies do quite a nice pair - round about the £25 mark and usually available from most places that stock their boots and other gear.

I wear steel toe’d rtrainers all the time, and have had no problem getting them around here.

You need a pair of these mate.
Have a look at the cartoons below them too. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.roadking.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=409

if ya get them get em from cdc theyre only 30quid from them :wink:

uksafetyfootwear.com/acatalo … iners.html

uksafetyfootwear.com/acatalo … iners.html

what size you after ■■
i got a brand new pair size 11 that are collecting dust i need to wear boots for ankle support

Dave Jenkins:
what size you after ■■
i got a brand new pair size 11 that are collecting dust i need to wear boots for ankle support

funnily enouigh size 11.

you got any pics? im not too fasion conscious but i dont want a pink pair? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i always thought that safety wear was VAT free that web site prices are plus VAT :exclamation: !!!

Wheel Nut:
You need a pair of these mate.
Have a look at the cartoons below them too. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.roadking.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=409

its bad enough avoiding plod and vosa but with the fasion police there is no escape! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Arco DO have trainers with steel toe caps.
Not pretty but do the job. No idea of price as boss pays for them.
They also do a couple of different shoe styles that are very comfy.

jamesandjames.com/htmlfiles/ … laypew.htm

Unfortunately I am a sucker for labels and brands so have a pair of these, bit pricey but they are comfortable and am happy I don’t have to wear clunking great big boots anymore. I’m just waiting for a snooty orange vester to have a pop for my not wearing steel toe caps on site then I can look down my nose at him and tell him I have got steel toe caps on so ner.

malcolmj:
i always thought that safety wear was VAT free that web site prices are plus VAT :exclamation: !!!

So did I (well “zero rated” which amounts to the same thing).

Big con no1 :

Motorcycle helmet complete - 0% VAT.
Replacement visor complying with regulations - 17.5% :imp:

Don’t your employers provide you with steel toes (PPE)?
As a Health & Safety requirement, along with high viz & gloves?
Once the metal is showing on ours, (usually every 6-9 months) we just get given the arco catalog & can pick out what we want up to about £50.

Jab:
Don’t your employers provide you with steel toes (PPE)?
As a Health & Safety requirement, along with high viz & gloves?
Once the metal is showing on ours, (usually every 6-9 months) we just get given the arco catalog & can pick out what we want up to about £50.

i work on the agency so it is all my own stuff, i only have a pair of ankle boots that are steelies (courtesy of the navy) and i don’t really want to be wearing them in the summer, it gets hot enough as it is in a cab let alone with a pair of boots on!