S A Y transport brailsford derby

DEANB:
Scania 470.

I think Bewick bought that amongst a few others

Hi Dean

Bewick bought a couple of the 3 series so later models, J7 & J8 SAY, flat roof with the airkit.
The model is E470 BRB the last of three 142s the only one with a single Eminox.

A re do of one. of the first models i made

Cockney Pete3:
A re do of one. of the first models i made

Excellent work Pete and an impressive lineup!

does anyone rember them and have pics of there merc and scanny 3 series fleet.all big power motors v8 mercs and scanias.i remember them always pulling flats rope n sheet job and appeared regulary in trucking international .the only pic i could find was this one from the v8 merc thread in the photo forum

hope ya dont mind i borrowed this paul :wink:

A bit of bling and bang. There they were. Gone :smiley:

Have you any pictures of Graham Gardeners Mercedes Carl?

They were the ones with the massive numbers on the doors. Many were on Wim Vos and spent a lot of time in DEB at Belper

I remember reading about them in trucking international years ago…a smart fleet of trucks… :sunglasses:

Hi Carl, I met you in Split, light years ago, I was driving Young’s 470, G146 PRA, that SAY had in Trucking when it was new, drove it til Mark got rid of it. I’ve got the Trucking with it in somewhere, I’ll try and look it out.

Stuart Yates ran a tidy fleet of trucks, I knew one or two of the lads. Stuart’s dad had an eight wheeler on bulk grain work, I cant remember if it was a Foden or a Volvo, though he may have had both.

Pete.

baz sorry mate its not me you met ive never been that far well not yet anyway. :wink:

The were running tippers as well. I remember seeing them as a kid with my dad on pit to pit work. They were often in Daw Mill, Rugeley. I will ask my dad later and see if he can remember.

Carl mate,
there is a copy of Trucking International March 1988 on UK E-bay at the moment in the truck magazine section. This is the issue with the S.A.Y motors article.
Sorry but I don’t know how to copy and paste the link.
Cheers Jamie

Here you go. I think this is the right link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRUCKING-MAGAZINE-MARCH-1988_W0QQitemZ320351778860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Magazines?hash=item320351778860&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1687|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Here you go,

And this is the same truck ten years on;

Crackin’ wagon, would love to know what became of her after Mark part chopped her in '00 to Kelberg (I think)

top stuff cheers for posting that mate :smiley: :wink:

managed to find these pics frm around 1990 in my collection if there any good…also a bulk grainer in the background windrush…

Ah that’s the bulker that I remember Big Gaz, though I believe that it replaced an S80 Foden. Certainly a tidy fleet in it’s time.

Pete.

G’day,
here you go Carl,I found these in an old mag,very smart motors mate.
Cheers Jamie

jamie cheers for posting that mate theres some nice motors there :smiley:

carl i have the 1748 one will dig it out for you :stuck_out_tongue: