Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations

43.Russia

Click on each page to read.

I think hat’s the one Dean but I always thought there was a picture of the truck in red square in front of St Basil’s. Thanks Doug

ERF MAN:
I think hat’s the one Dean but I always thought there was a picture of the truck in red square in front of St Basil’s. Thanks Doug

Doug, thats this bit had not got round to putting it on.

43 Russia continued.(Same company) Make sure you read the letter at the end.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Letter Return from Moscow !

The bloke picture in the article with the cuppa was Cyril Gardner - nicknamed ‘Five-pot’. I used to meet him on the North Africa Run: really good bloke - had done Middle-East, Russia and all sorts. Came from Kent. Robert

ldd%20moscow%20may%2019923.jpg

Thanks Dean. I’ll try and read the whole thing later but I quickly read the letter and sounds very familiar, especially loading frozen rasberrys south of Warsaw on the way back. Great days. Thanks Doug

robert1952:
The bloke picture in the article with the cuppa was Cyril Gardner - nicknamed ‘Five-pot’. I used to meet him on the North Africa Run: really good bloke - had done Middle-East, Russia and all sorts. Came from Kent. Robert

Cyril is my wife’s uncle, He lives in Latvia now.

andrewv8:

robert1952:

Thanks for that reply. Good luck to him! Robert

Hi Robert…Cyril came to work with us at Teynham after he left David Croomes. He was a great bloke, and left me some of his old photos when he moved to Latvia. One of them is a big framed photo of a David Croome Volvo F88 with a step framed tilt behind it that had once been on Croomes office wall!..I hope he’s enjoying his retirement in Latvia.

andrewv8:

robert1952:

Andrew you should ask Cyril to join,i bet he could tell us some intresting stories,and would hopefully have some intresting photos ■■

Trip to Turkey in 1990. Part 1.

Part 2.

Article from 2009 going to Kuwait.Click on pages to read for better focus.

Pic’ taken in Oman, maybe someone will recognise the Tower? Regards Chris

DEANB:

Article from 2009 going to Kuwait.Click on pages to read for better focus.

The blue and white Scania is in fact Chris Hooper’s aka Hooperman. Interesting to find him back in this article.

October 8th, 2007.
On the shores of the dead sea, Jordanian side, alongside the Mövenpick hotel.

Trip from 1978. Click on pages to read,and click again to magnifiy.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

Great thread very interesting read ,Cheers Richard.

1. Intresting article about Saudi Arabia split over three parts.
    Click on pages to read and click again to magnify.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Click on page to read and click again to magnify.

Part 3.