roping and sheeting

Dan loaded in Bridgend ind est round the corner from our yard I called in to see him

22850E12-D2A4-4815-9165-43409D76D9C7.jpeg

54009E67-DF21-451E-82C3-99F20FCB36DB.jpeg

A8CA063E-C9B6-40ED-A188-0C1772DF89AE.jpeg

C718B399-D5A6-4DB1-A6A1-70B66E707FBB.jpeg

6218E7A3-BDDC-4ADF-A9D5-FCDAD76436BF.jpeg

Some big sheets used here:- https://www.facebook.com/Magical.Nature.Worlds/videos/711334206176874

whisperingsmith:
Some big sheets used here:- https://www.facebook.com/Magical.Nature.Worlds/videos/711334206176874

Not much Elfin there, but 2 situations jogged my memory, driving through rivers with 3 trailers and being dragged up the bank by the boss’ double drive with loads of ballast at the front, and the other that rock tipper. Obviously that’s the way they do it, but once when driving my AEC for Wimpey building the M1 near Nottingham I forgot to open the tailgate. I went up, but didn’t come down, just teetered balancing on the back axles. I managed to climb down and whacked the clips at the back (the handle was on the front, normally operated by reaching back out of the open door as the body went up). The gate went, the load came out and the wagon crashed back to the ground, narrowly missing squashing the banksman who had never seen the underside of a wagon before and was peering up underneath. :laughing:

Glad you approve Dave ! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

You haven’t lost your touch then Dennis, need to get you down to PD’s place to help him master his trade :smiley: :smiley:

from today and it’s not square boxes or stacks of pallets :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave docwra:

Bewick:

You haven’t lost your touch then Dennis, need to get you down to PD’s place to help him master his trade :smiley: :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
0from today and it’s not square boxes or stacks of pallets :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave docwra:

Bewick:

That load has been shrunk wrapped on with a hot gun by the looks of it and the bungees are just for effect ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Saw this today nr my house anon1 :laughing:

IMHO I believe that this thread has surely reached it’s “sell by date” judging by the two recent posts ! :blush: :frowning: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
IMHO I believe that this thread has surely reached it’s “sell by date” judging by the two recent posts ! :blush: :frowning: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bit like you Denzil :laughing: :wink:

Sheeted these today among other loads

695EA9BB-D88C-4C10-A924-7B03122FD678.jpeg
Sheeting days soon to be reduced :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

I’m guessing that is the much cheaper option than taking part two of Rof’s overpriced sheeting and roping course and learning to do it properly then Dan? :confused: :laughing: :laughing: Looks impressive, though no doubt some comments will come from the ■■■■■■■ area when he wakes up sometime around midday.

Pete.

Looking good Dan be interested to see the finished article :smiley: cheers Ray

Punchy Dan:

I do believe that it could be a “skip on wheels” ■■ :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Bit like you Denzil :laughing: :wink:

Unfortunately Dan’l I resemble that ■■■■■■■ remark you cheeky ■■■■ ! :frowning: But have no fear as one day The Grim Reaper will be as close to you as he is to me now ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Denzil.

More progress on the opening curtainsided flat

Looking at some of these images, I’m reminded that beauty may only be skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone!

To be fair to all concerned, even a 21 year old rookie such as me, back in 1970, with help from old stagers who were more than willing - if you shut up and listened - to make your load waterproof and unlikely to fall off, could rope and sheet something that got to the delivery point, some 283 miles (Barrow to London) unscathed. Others… Ummm. BRS… were reloading at the first 90 degree bend in Ulverston.

Our loads were huge and wobbly bog rolls, but square!

Happy Days!

Web-1-Typical-B61RT-complete-with-water-bag-on-the-bullbar.jpg

That B Model’s classic old school. The numberplate is from Queensland, issued early 1960s, the trailer would be 32 or 35’ with a 10’1" spread between the axles. Note the dinki mirrors (pretty flash with a left hand one in those days) and canvas waterbag on the bullbar, it was a long time between shops back in the day.

Star down under.:

That B Model’s classic old school. The numberplate is from Queensland, issued early 1960s, the trailer would be 32 or 35’ with a 10’1" spread between the axles. Note the dinki mirrors (pretty flash with a left hand one in those days) and canvas waterbag on the bullbar, it was a long time between shops back in the day.

What is that between the trailer axles in the last pic ?
Also, can anybody explain in lay mans terms, how you tie a dolly on a bar, or through a ring/lashing point as opposed to a rope hook.