roping and sheeting

coomsey:
Looks spot on to me, but what do I know ?

Hiya,
The flysheet could be a bit neater on the legger but it should get there
OK and no wet signature to explain to the guvnor.

5thwheel:

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Nice easy load, (nmp)

Yes, very neat David, but in all the years I watched Smiths of Maddiston up and down the A 74 and elsewhere I never remember seeing an 8 legger, hence that looks like a very strange beast to me. :smiley:

Here is another one David,apologies for the poor picture resolution (nmp).

A nice one nevertheless, and a neat job of the sheeting. I did like that Park Royal cab, but can’t remember if I ever drove one as an artic, certainly as a 6 and 8 wheel rigid tipper though. Wimpey’s on the MI construction past Nottingham, be about 1970 I should think. Interested to see the passenger wiper operated from below, don’t remember that. :confused:

Also, despite working at many firms with flats, I don’t remember anyone of them supplying flysheets, and feel somehow deprived. :frowning: :laughing:

So, seeing as they proliferate in this thread, is there anyone else who ran perfectly well with no wet claims, without them?

Spardo:

5thwheel:

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Nice easy load, (nmp)

Yes, very neat David, but in all the years I watched Smiths of Maddiston up and down the A 74 and elsewhere I never remember seeing an 8 legger, hence that looks like a very strange beast to me. :smiley:

Here is another one David,apologies for the poor picture resolution (nmp).

A nice one nevertheless, and a neat job of the sheeting. I did like that Park Royal cab, but can’t remember if I ever drove one as an artic, certainly as a 6 and 8 wheel rigid tipper though. Wimpey’s on the MI construction past Nottingham, be about 1970 I should think. Interested to see the passenger wiper operated from below, don’t remember that. :confused:

Also, despite working at many firms with flats, I don’t remember anyone of them supplying flysheets, and feel somehow deprived. :frowning: :laughing:

So, seeing as they proliferate in this thread, is there anyone else who ran perfectly well with no wet claims, without them?

I refer you to the Hipwood and Grundy Mandator photo on the AEC thread. That’s loaded with high quality printing paper without a fly sheet… but it is almost certainly double sheeted, maybe an easier option than a fly sheet for some drivers?

gingerfold:

Spardo:

I refer you to the Hipwood and Grundy Mandator photo on the AEC thread. That’s loaded with high quality printing paper without a fly sheet… but it is almost certainly double sheeted, maybe an easier option than a fly sheet for some drivers?

But I never had double sheets either, apart from the overlap, and I carted all sorts including paper from H & G, and never had a problem. Reading this thread I wonder how I got away with it for all those years. :unamused:

gingerfold:

Spardo:

But I never had double sheets either, apart from the overlap, and I carted all sorts including paper from H & G, and never had a problem. Reading this thread I wonder how I got away with it for all those years. :unamused:

And double sheeting would definitely not have been an easier option with those giant 40’x40’ ones that we needed 2 of at Midland Storage to cover the ‘wide and high’ loads of cartoned Raleigh bikes. Couldn’t see out of the mirrors as they were loaded on duckboards that stuck out 9" each side of the wagon. :smiling_imp:

Must be the wet season David

Dig

DIG:

Dig

:laughing: :laughing: Going to need that dozer in that case then eh? :wink:

DIG:

Dig

Those sheets have seen some service by the looks of them !
Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

DIG:

Dig

Cheers Bewick.

Much of it on unsealed roads too, I’d wager. I’m surprised you didn’t admonish him for roping over the cap, Dennis. :wink:

Star down under.:

Bewick:

DIG:

Dig

Cheers Bewick.

Much of it on unsealed roads too, I’d wager. I’m surprised you didn’t admonish him for roping over the cap, Dennis. :wink:

G’ day Mate ! Nah ! the Aussie idea of sheeting and roping was much different to that in the UK but I will say it is a tidy job and never mind the lack of a fly sheet !! Regards Dennis’ :wink:

Damned good job that they don’t have bridges where that load is going , some fair old height of a load .

Bewick:

Star down under.:

Bewick:

DIG:

Dig

Cheers Bewick.

G’ day Mate ! Nah ! the Aussie idea of sheeting and roping was much different to that in the UK but I will say it is a tidy job and never mind the lack of a fly sheet !! Regards Dennis’ :wink:

That top tarp looks like it is for tarping loads when the trailer has 6foot gates all around the combing rails,there are normally tarps that hang off the top of the gates and are tied off on the combing rails these are called curtains then the cap tarp goes over the top of the lot, so its probably what you call a fly sheet Dennis.
I would agree it looks like its had a hard life and travelled mainly off sealed highways and in this case i reckon its about hiding what the freight is as I think he may be a tad overweight and width possibly high but no problem if he’s heading into the bush at night lol.

Dig

Some fine workmanship done in record time :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

Obviously you’ve just picked it up having left it previously for the Customer to load and finish Dan’l so it doesn’t wash with us very observant Lads :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Denzil

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Obviously you’ve just picked it up having left it previously for the Customer to load and finish Dan’l so it doesn’t wash with us very observant Lads :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Denzil

:wink:

wideboybob:
i thought i would add this ; what happens when you dont tie stuff down(beer in my case!) :blush:

Does anybody else have an annoying Photobucket advert obscuring the photo?

MarkPretireddriver:

wideboybob:
i thought i would add this ; what happens when you dont tie stuff down(beer in my case!) :blush:

Does anybody else have an annoying Photobucket advert obscuring the photo?

Yes, and it is isn’t it?

Is this one of “CFs”efforts?

[attachment

=0]Nigel’s 1st artic.jpg[/attachment]