roping and sheeting

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Put H on light duties in the yard, Dennis. A couple of weeks washing down trailers will soon have him wanting to get back up the road! :wink:
Get yerself fit soon, H. There’ll be a drop or two of the “good stuff” needing to be drunk over Christmas.

Now you may just have hit upon the answer there ROF, if I was to get a new set of oil skins and a sou’wester plus wellies for “H” and tell him to “crack on” and start at one end of the m/t trailer rank and work his way along I’ll bet he will be clamouring to get behind the wheel of an 81 never mind a 111 ! " Now’t wrong with me Boss sound as a £, fit as a Butchers dog" :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Hiya,
Dennis I’d have my gear in the 81 long before you’d shown
me where to turn the “hogger” tap on, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
thanks harry, long retired.

So it’s official then “H” has finally admitted to having a pathological aversion to vehicle washing so much so that he would be prepared to drive an 80 “thingy” without any complaint whatsoever :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: What is the World coming to !! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, Yes good news about John and all the others after a long hard fight by his sister and the other fiances and relatives of the other lads, however they are not quite out of the woods yet as an appeal may be launched by the authorities objecting to their release as happened in the past then taking months to be heard and a decision made. However fingers and everything crossed the whole town is rooting for them as are the others home towns. With regard to the reel store I think it would be the one on the former Blyth Shipbuilding and dry dock site which has been redeveloped.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Dennis, Yes good news about John and all the others after a long hard fight by his sister and the other fiances and relatives of the other lads, however they are not quite out of the woods yet as an appeal may be launched by the authorities objecting to their release as happened in the past then taking months to be heard and a decision made. However fingers and everything crossed the whole town is rooting for them as are the others home towns. With regard to the reel store I think it would be the one on the former Blyth Shipbuilding and dry dock site which has been redeveloped.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thanks for the info Gerald it’s unbelievable why don’t the Indians just let them get on the Plane and wave bye bye ! They , the Indians, make a meal out of everything eh! I know I had a taste of their “paper work” when we had three weeks on an Island in the Maldives which was run by Indians. Even though we had pre paid for everything I still had to sign for everything food, drinks etc etc. So I gets ■■■■■■ off eventually and started signing “D Duck”, “M. Mouse”, “John Major”, “Elvis” and many more ! and it didn’t bother them in the slightest it was a signature ! until I signed one chit “A Hitler” then they kicked up at that signature !! :wink: They even run after me when we were sat on the speed boat to take us back to Male to catch our plane home !! " Mister Dennis can you please sign for the last bottle of Coke you have just had " I kid you not ! Indian Victorian efficiency ! Cheers Dennis.

Any good instructional guides online on how to rope and sheet correctly?

There could well be, there used to be a hand out way back, I think they gave them out when my Father did his Class One back in the early 70’s not that he needed it he’d been doing it for years but had to take the test as he dipped out on Grandfather rights for the licence. It described tying dolly knots and roping and sheeting using diagrams, I haven’t seen anything updated since then although I’m sure one of the Truck mags used the same stuff for an article. A search on the net might find something or even You-Tube. Franky.

May I refer ■■■■■ to my famous “Overpriced Roping & Sheeting Courses”? £500 per day, payable in advance, extortionate expenses payable in cash on last day of course.

Retired Old ■■■■:
May I refer ■■■■■ to my famous “Overpriced Roping & Sheeting Courses”? £500 per day, payable in advance, extortionate expenses payable in cash on last day of course.

And worth every penny judging by the high standard of R&S on Dennis’s (Bewick’s) fleet ROF, you certainly trained those guys well. :wink:

Pete.

Just had a look on the net to see if there was anything doing, since when has a dolly been called a Truckers Knot, what a load of Horlicks! :wink: Franky.

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

And worth every penny judging by the high standard of R&S on Dennis’s (Bewick’s) fleet ROF, you certainly trained those guys well. :wink:

Pete.

Thing is, Pete, he still doesn’t realise that it was me conning him into paying over the odds for those courses. If I had told him my real name he wouldn’t have had me near the place, what with me being ex-BRS .

1st Lesson------ In the beginning—well Boss ? Anon1. PS is that trailer stuck to the wall or the ground ? :confused:

Retired Old ■■■■:

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Pete.

Thing is, Pete, he still doesn’t realise that it was me conning him into paying over the odds for those courses. If I had told him my real name he wouldn’t have had me near the place, what with me being ex-BRS .

Hiya,
Riggers he’s not that bad one of his lads let me top up with rad water
and I was a Blackburn BRS driver at the time, though the guy with the
shotgun was a lousy shot he missed.
thanks harry, long retired.

Bewick:
1st Lesson------ In the beginning—well Boss ? Anon1. PS is that trailer stuck to the wall or the ground ? :confused:

Can I just point out that the above photograph was taken BEFORE I had imparted my extensive (but pricey!) knowledge to the Bewick drivers. In the company’s favour, though, I have to concede that the load still seems to be attached to the trailer. :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:

Can I just point out that the above photograph was taken BEFORE I had imparted my extensive (but pricey!) knowledge to the Bewick drivers. In the company’s favour, though, I have to concede that the load still seems to be attached to the trailer. :unamused:

Excellent tuition ROF makes a joke of ropes not capable of securing loads as h&s state.

regards dave.

I do not believe ROF could “rope and sheet a bed” :unamused: :blush: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Anon 1.

You know different!!!

there’s nothing nicer in trucking ,than seeing a good roped and sheeted load, done it years ago and like most drivers, took a pride in doing a good job.