Roger pickering photo's

Me.Paul.101:

Chris Webb:
I don’t know who the F10 belongs to but look at the state of that LO-COST shed with tail lift ram cover missing,MFS had a couple of 28ft single axle trailers like it for “oss and cart” delivery points,full of scrapes and dents.

The F12 has the name ‘Partridges’ on the headboard but I don’t know where they’re from…

There was an E C Partridge from Belper Derbyshire,could be them? I don’t recall them running cattle floats though and they were in a red livery years ago.

Chris Webb:

Me.Paul.101:

Chris Webb:
I don’t know who the F10 belongs to but look at the state of that LO-COST shed with tail lift ram cover missing,MFS had a couple of 28ft single axle trailers like it for “oss and cart” delivery points,full of scrapes and dents.

The F12 has the name ‘Partridges’ on the headboard but I don’t know where they’re from…

There was an E C Partridge from Belper Derbyshire,could be them? I don’t recall them running cattle floats though and they were in a red livery years ago.

Partridge were definately a live stock haulier and were from Morchard Bishop,Devon.
They liked there Volvo’s and also operated a mighty F16.

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
I remember Pentons well,they used to come into Glass Glover (MFS) Maltby,good set of lads. Aare they still operating out of Ruyton 1X Towns?

Hi Chris,
Pentons have a big place on Maesbury road Oswestry, not sure if they still have the yard at Ruyton, Cheer’s Pete

Yes they do , went past it yesterday

240 Gardner:

Bob & Nick Wright were from Hoole, near Preston but, by the time they were operating this Merc, they had moved to Holme Road, Bamber Bidge, in the old Horsley Smith timber yard - their depot has now been swallowed up by Bowker.

I first knew them in the mid-70s, when they had 5 blue Mk.2 Atkis on traction for Pandoro. I think it would have been about 1997 when they packed up.

Here’s an earlier one of theirs:

UEE 301J Atkinson Borderer T3246XB by 240 Gardner, on Flickr

Morning Chris,
Thank you for the information on Wrights and the pictures, Pete

DEANB:

Chris Webb:

Me.Paul.101:

Chris Webb:

Partridge were definately a live stock haulier and were from Morchard Bishop,Devon.
They liked there Volvo’s and also operated a mighty F16.

Morning Gents,
Thanks Dean for clearing that up!
Paul + Chris W,
Thanks for the suggestions, I think Lo-cost had a depot on Featherbed Lane Harlescott Shrewsbury, well it was some sort of distribution place! Knocked down now of course, Cheer’s Pete

Dieseldog66:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
I remember Pentons well,they used to come into Glass Glover (MFS) Maltby,good set of lads. Aare they still operating out of Ruyton 1X Towns?

Hi Chris,
Pentons have a big place on Maesbury road Oswestry, not sure if they still have the yard at Ruyton, Cheer’s Pete

Yes they do , went past it yesterday

Cheer’s DD66, I have not been through Ruyton for 20 years +, Pete

That little TK looks a bit overwhelmed by the boat on the back of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newmercman:
That little TK looks a bit overwhelmed by the boat on the back of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mark,
You would not need any headwind to impede the poor old Bedford!
Was this the 143 you had? N.M.P, a Ron Weatherall pic re-posted from Dave the Renegade thread.

Yes that was it thanks Pete, they took the vanity plate off it though. It’s still alive and kicking today in Ireland, I got sent a photo of it a few months ago. 21yrs old now and still going strong, I doubt there will be many north of the Sahara of that age that are still running every day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Yes that was it thanks Pete, they took the vanity plate off it though. It’s still alive and kicking today in Ireland, I got sent a photo of it a few months ago. 21yrs old now and still going strong, I doubt there will be many north of the Sahara of that age that are still running every day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Got there in the end mate! Only found it by accident the other day looking for an old thread which Saviem had commented on!

That Bedford TK looks well iffy with the boat ! :unamused:

DEANB:
That Bedford TK looks well iffy with the boat ! :unamused:

You would not need much cross wind to make your ring piece twitch like a rabbits nose!

Heres another one of Eaton’s trucks Pete. :wink:

2017-07-19 17.26.41.jpg

Is that Senior again Pete…? :unamused:

DEANB:
Heres another one of Eaton’s trucks Pete. :wink:

Thank you for the picture Dean, i cannot remember their Sed Atki’s! Cheer’s Pete

pv83:

Thin ice Patrick, very thin ice! :wink:

pete smith:

pv83:

Thin ice Patrick, very thin ice! :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: