Roger pickering photo's

Some more of Marleys motors Pete.

DEANB:

Cheer’s Dean, I’ll take the Mandator please!

Hi Pete.
Tony Fane was from Eagle near Lincoln.

fane.jpg

pete smith:

DEANB:

Yep !!! and me…Harvey

HRS:

pete smith:

DEANB:

Yep !!! and me…Harvey

Me too please gaffer. :smiley:

What do you want the Mandator for when there’s a proper lorry on the right of it ?

rigsby:
What do you want the Mandator for when there’s a proper lorry on the right of it ?

Volvos are too modern for me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

rigsby:

On 'tother side Chris , proper British lorry not foreign rubbish . Only had a Volvo for 2 days and couldn’t wait to get my ERF E series back . S36 Foden was a lorry for drivers not screwdrivers .

………………says the bloke with a luxury Japanese car! :unamused:

Chris Webb:

rigsby:

Even the ones that are 30 years old by now? :laughing: Had a go in both of them last June, reckon I’d go for the Volvo, thank you very much :wink:

rigsby:

Chris Webb:

rigsby:

On 'tother side Chris , proper British lorry not foreign rubbish . Only had a Volvo for 2 days and couldn’t wait to get my ERF E series back . S36 Foden was a lorry for drivers not screwdrivers .

Well said that Man The S 36 would be my choice too, Of course having owned one Which proved to be a good buy, And made a few bob for me, Happy Days long gone, Regards Larry.

Retired Old ■■■■:

Well I can’t get a luxury British car can I ? They are all foreign owned now .

Chris Webb:
Hi Pete.
Tony Fane was from Eagle near Lincoln.

Thanks for the info Chris, never heard of them

rigsby:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Well I can’t get a luxury British car can I ? They are all foreign owned now .

Riggers,
I know where there is a Maxi for sale!!

It looks like a tie between the AEC and the Foden then!
On about Fodens, I can remember my Dad saying that the Foden FG didn’t drive as nice as the Albion CX 7’s the company had, down to what each of us prefer eh? Cheer’s Pete

I don’t know who the F10 belongs to but look at the state of that LO-COST shed with tail lift ram cover missing,MFS had a couple of 28ft single axle trailers like it for “oss and cart” delivery points,full of scrapes and dents.

locost.jpg

Chris Webb:
I don’t know who the F10 belongs to but look at the state of that LO-COST shed with tail lift ram cover missing,MFS had a couple of 28ft single axle trailers like it for “oss and cart” delivery points,full of scrapes and dents.

The F12 has the name ‘Partridges’ on the headboard but I don’t know where they’re from…

Bob & Nick Wright were from Hoole, near Preston but, by the time they were operating this Merc, they had moved to Holme Road, Bamber Bidge, in the old Horsley Smith timber yard - their depot has now been swallowed up by Bowker.

I first knew them in the mid-70s, when they had 5 blue Mk.2 Atkis on traction for Pandoro. I think it would have been about 1997 when they packed up.

Here’s an earlier one of theirs:

UEE 301J Atkinson Borderer T3246XB by 240 Gardner, on Flickr