Roger pickering photo's

DEANB:
Another one of Kay Phillips 142.

Thanks for the pic Dean, I think that was one of the first times I had seen that pearlescent paint on a motor, PPG were the manufacturers I believe, Pete

pete smith:

DEANB:

Thanks for the pic Dean, I think that was one of the first times I had seen that pearlescent paint on a motor, PPG were the manufacturers I believe, Pete

PPG were indeed the manufacturers of the paint, i am sure i have read somewhere that they paid for the paint job to be done.

pete smith:

5thwheel:

steelboyf10:

pete smith:

was it Kays sister that had the Halfway at Tern Hill?..Irene?

Tern Hill…that takes me right back,I used to swop trailers at the cafe car park,drop a load of synthetic latex that had come down during the night from Maddiston and collect an empty trailer back to Manchester,happy days indeed!

David

Hi David,
I had better not ask what engine was fitted in your unit eh?! Cheer’s Pete

Not if you know what’s good for you Pete,lol,lol,or you will have the ■■■■■■■■ Chancer on your back!!!

The latex to Tern Hill was late in my SoM driving career,and I was driving a 240 Percy powered ERF on nights at that time,it was 3 trailers changeover at Garstang,if the last trailer had latex on,it HAD to go straight to Tern Hill(Market Drayton),drop it in the cafe car park and empty trailer back to Manchester,made for a long night,especially if there were any delays in any of the 3 change overs!

David

pete smith:

DEANB:

If you remember, Pete, Kay’s previous motor had PPG’s logo on the side sleeper panels. She told me that PPG had supplied the paint free of charge, provided she did the advertising!

Thank you to H143500, David and ROF for the comments, Pete

pete smith:

I think R O Williams and Sons were from Peterborough area,looks like a load of palletized bricks.

Butterley Brick is a blast from past,what happened to them Pete?

That looks like a 75yd body and with greedy boards too, looks like rock inside, but it can’t be unless it’s polystyrene rock. Any ideas as to what it is?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
That looks like a 75yd body and with greedy boards too, looks like rock inside, but it can’t be unless it’s polystyrene rock. Any ideas as to what it is?

Morning Mark,
How you doing?
You are thinking along the same lines as when I posted the picture! I was thinking logs maybe? If it is one of Stevensons they did a lot of woodchip etc and that would explain the greedy boards.
Those Crane Fruehauf chassis were very stable as they were very wide chassis with those square axle tubes and also the cross members doubled as air tanks, Cheer’s Pete

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

I think R O Williams and Sons were from Peterborough area,looks like a load of palletized bricks.

Aye up Chris,
How is it on the I O M this morning, a good view across to the mainland?
Cheer’s for the info on the Iveco, the top of the crane seems a bit on the high side?
Butterley Brick seems to be part of a big group called Forterra, probably just using the name now :frowning: Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Aye up Chris,
How is it on the I O M this morning, a good view across to the mainland?
Cheer’s for the info on the Iveco, the top of the crane seems a bit on the high side?
Butterley Brick seems to be part of a big group called Forterra, probably just using the name now :frowning: Cheer’s Pete

Afternoon,well nearly Pete.
It’s nice and dry after a lot of rain yesterday,can’t see any parts of the Palatinate of Lancashire,except their wind farms west of Walney. lol

Hey Pete, all good here thanks, I’m having a self imposed exile from the lorries this weekend, the 3D ones I mean, I’ve spent the past few weekends in the workshop and the good lady requires some attention this weekend, so I’m under orders!

Wood chips are pertinent though as apparently visiting garden centers counts as a “day off”

Hi Pete

Butterly Brick had 2 yards in Buckley, but their own transport were from East Midlands, Sones and others hauled out of the Lane End works in Buckley, now houses…

The Linkflow Roadtrain was a haulier from Llanarmon-yn-lal, Davises?, and subbed into Shotton Paper under WG Folks who go bought out by WH Malcolm in the end to get the work

Snickers FL 10 (aka Ken Peers) loading in Lane End

IMG_2073.JPG
Fowkes ran out of Heather works, Bancroft n Powers ran out of Desford works in the 70s both red/green motors. No Butterley lorries used either excepting a tipper running clay from Blaby works. 78 Bancroft bought 3new Octopus painted n signed Butterley about a yr later sold out to Fowkes who started to paint them all to Butterley colours. Backloaded out of all Butterley works, there was an hell of a lot of them, GOOD work n plenty shillings. Cheers Paul

steelboyf10:
Hi Pete

Butterly Brick had 2 yards in Buckley, but their own transport were from East Midlands, Sones and others hauled out of the Lane End works in Buckley, now houses…

The Linkflow Roadtrain was a haulier from Llanarmon-yn-lal, Davises?, and subbed into Shotton Paper under WG Folks who go bought out by WH Malcolm in the end to get the work

newmercman:
Hey Pete, all good here thanks, I’m having a self imposed exile from the lorries this weekend, the 3D ones I mean, I’ve spent the past few weekends in the workshop and the good lady requires some attention this weekend, so I’m under orders!

Wood chips are pertinent though as apparently visiting garden centers counts as a “day off”

Hi Mark,
I have also bought my good lady a gift, a wall paper stripper while she is scraping the wall paper off she can do a bit of ironing with the other hand!
Beer garden centre’s are the best! Cheer’s Pete

coomsey:
Fowkes ran out of Heather works, Bancroft n Powers ran out of Desford works in the 70s both red/green motors. No Butterley lorries used either excepting a tipper running clay from Blaby works. 78 Bancroft bought 3new Octopus painted n signed Butterley about a yr later sold out to Fowkes who started to paint them all to Butterley colours. Backloaded out of all Butterley works, there was an hell of a lot of them, GOOD work n plenty shillings. Cheers Paul

steelboyf10:
Hi Pete

Morning Graham and Paul,
Thank you both for the comments and info regarding Butterley Bricks. Pete

Great photos again, Yes the Wellworthy has plenty f bling , looks like its a ■■■■■■■ !!! but I also spot a Perkins/rolls badge on the bumper . :laughing:

JAKEY:
Great photos again, Yes the Wellworthy has plenty f bling , looks like its a ■■■■■■■ !!! but I also spot a Perkins/rolls badge on the bumper . :laughing:

Hi Jakey,
Looks like a rag mans barrow, ■■■■■■■ badges, Perkins badge, Silver Knights head, Leyland bus wheel trims and what looks like Leyland Tiger badges on grill!, Pete