Roadworks speed limits to rise

It’ll just cause more frustration as a ■■■■ sits in lane doing 45 mph with trucks not allowed to use lane 2. I think in a lot of cases it’d actually be better to have two wide lanes instead of three narrow lanes, and let trucks use both.

$$$:
It’ll just cause more frustration as a ■■■■ sits in lane doing 45 mph with trucks not allowed to use lane 2. I think in a lot of cases it’d actually be better to have two wide lanes instead of three narrow lanes, and let trucks use both.

This would be the best idea but it just creates a bottleneck where you go from 3 lanes to 2. Once your into the 2 wider lanes it would be much better but it creates massive congestion at the point of going from 3 to 2.

Has anyone thought that leaving a proper gap at whatever speed you’re doing might be an idea. And yes I know all about and have experienced the ■■■■■ that like to fill the gap.

Captain Caveman 76:
Motorway roadworks speed limits may be increased to 60mph | Daily Mail Online

Apparently, drivers are more relaxed travelling at 60 because they can get out of the way of hgv’s! They’ve obviously never met the tang contingent!!! :laughing:

it won’t make any real difference due to car speedo’s not being calibrated they will still slow lorries down , 60mph on the car’s speedometer is really only around 56mph and as they are too scared to hit the max and always will drive below it the hold ups will continue waste of time

50mph for trucks
60mph for light vehicles
At least give the buggers a chance not to have some plonker up their arris.

Limit roadworks to 5miles, with the odd exception for an infrastructure that needs building. Finish the first mile first then add another mile at the end etc…

Use better paint to mark the lanes not the stuff that goes invisible in certain conditions.

Remove these “My daddy works here” signs. Obviously he doesn’t, as no one’s ever seen the bugger chances are he is doing something mummy wouldn’t like.
Saw a sign saying “My mummy works here” the other day. That’s just silly, mummy is at home off her ■■■■ on vino catching up on Judge Rimmer.

The HGV speed limit should stay at 50. Otherwise it’s basically a free pass for the many muppets driving wagons to crack on as normal on the limiter through stretches of narrow lanes. It’ll only end in more accidents.

Why not just leave it as it is but concentrate on policing lane discipline.
I came through that cluster ■■■■ at Knutsford n/b yesterday, there was a little white Fiat sat at 42mph in middle lane totally oblivious to the 200 yard queue of trucks behind him (most following each other far too bloody close btw :unamused: ) in that lane, and the constant stream of both trucks and cars undertaking him in lane 1.
When the nat spd limit signs came up he just speeded up continuing to hog that lane
You see it everyday these twunts who stick to lane 2 like ■■■■ to a blanket.

Wiretwister:
Can’t see road workers feeling any safer and many will not be inside a vehicle.

When I’ve been in the US there are signs which, if memory serves, suggest that speeding fines are doubled when road workers are on site. :bulb:

Yep in my Province in Canada, constuction speed is almost always 50kph, but have seen 60 & 80kph occasionally.
At the start there is the sign ‘Speeding fines double.’ and seeing the normal fine for speeding can be between $100ish - $500ish depending on your speed, it could get expensive when doubled.
Also in most Provinces, not sure in the US States, if there’s a breakdown truck or cop on the shoulder, we have to move over a lane or if not possible to move, slow to 50kph.
I use to drive through Michigan years ago and the signs in construction zones were something like,
’Hit a worker, mandatory 14yr prison sentence and a $000’s fine.

peterm:
Has anyone thought that leaving a proper gap at whatever speed you’re doing might be an idea. And yes I know all about and have experienced the [zb] that like to fill the gap.

Peterm that’s to complicated a task for most lorry drivers.
They prefer to act like brain dead bully boys blaming all other drivers for not traveling at the speed they want then to.

Putting the limit up will only cause greater carnage when it all goes wrong.

Why because very few know the meaning of “SAFE DISTANCE”

roadworkers won’t be impressed,remember the programme on the M6 motorway,they were saying the 50mph is there for the safety of their roadcrews,they said they would have preffered it to be lower,so they ain’t gonna be happy chappies,also won’t make a difference,car drivers will still sit in the middle doing 45mph.