60mph through roadworks now

I’d heard a few months ago that they was on about upping the limit from 50mph, and now the limit on the M1 roadworks Sheffield area has been increased to 60mph, any one notice other places where it has changed? Didn’t take any notice of the limit through the M5 roadworks south of the M62 this week.

M5 roadworks are WELL south of the M62 mate! :wink:

the maoster:
M5 roadworks are WELL south of the M62 mate! :wink:

Ok ok M42 I was only 20 out.

think they have gone upto 60 because there nearly finished with them i used that section everyday and now dont see any roadworkers only the guys that are getting the overhead signs working

i remember something about it going up because of the immense congestion that 50mph limits cause. As I’m sure we all know it also causes cars to sit at around 47mph while we sit at 50mph and just annoys everyone. Hopefully a 60 limit will keep everything flowing a little more smoothly.

I might be wrong but i think it might have even been the government that told the highways agency to up the limit and sort themselves out a bit.

Hammy747:
i remember something about it going up because of the immense congestion that 50mph limits cause. As I’m sure we all know it also causes cars to sit at around 47mph while we sit at 50mph and just annoys everyone. Hopefully a 60 limit will keep everything flowing a little more smoothly.

I might be wrong but i think it might have even been the government that told the highways agency to up the limit and sort themselves out a bit.

Think you are wrong. Its drivers that need to sort themselves out pal. It aint 'rd.

Uncle Albie:
It aint 'rd.

:unamused: typing a proper word isn’t hard either but it might be easier for you eh :grimacing:

dri-diddly-iver:

Uncle Albie:
It aint 'rd.

:unamused: typing a proper word isn’t hard either but it might be easier for you eh :grimacing:

A bit like starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a full stop, oh failed grammar policeman?

Olog Hai:
A bit like starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a full stop, oh failed grammar policeman?

Nowt to do with grammar obviously about poxy abbreviations :imp: Oh failed not understood post policeman :unamused:

So what does rd mean?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thought they said a while back speed limits through roadworks on motorways was going to be 60 mph and also length of roadworks was going to be limited not heard anything lately though

Research and development?

weeto:
I’d heard a few months ago that they was on about upping the limit from 50mph, and now the limit on the M1 roadworks Sheffield area has been increased to 60mph, any one notice other places where it has changed? Didn’t take any notice of the limit through the M5 roadworks south of the M62 this week.

I think it’s only 60mph going n/b as when I went to Medowhall it was still 50mph going s/b from Barnsley which I thought was strange. Also it seemed it was only 60mph just after Medowhall up to junction 36. They may have it 60mph going both ways now but I’m not too sure.

Most roadworks I’ve encountered recently have been 50, but that bit around the M1 Sheffield area seemed to have a 60 last night. Not that it helped much as it was crawling around 40, although to be honest I was probably most of the way through it before I even noticed the speed limit change - just assume it’s going to be 50 when I see the signs unless the overhead gantry shows something different.

Hammy747:

Cars speedometers aren’t calibrated to the same accuracy as the tachograph, so when they’re might reading 50mph when they’re doing 47mph.

dri-diddly-iver:

Olog Hai:

Nowt to do with grammar obviously about poxy abbreviations :imp: Oh failed not understood post policeman :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Try harder next time.