Renault T Range trucks

Just personal choice really, i.ll be ordering a new truck around december time and this will be the last one i buy before i call it a day, the intention being to basically run it until it falls apart, i.ve had many trucks over the years but i.ve never had the perfect spec for my job, one of the things i dont like about autos is tbey get a bit sloppy and clunky after 4 or 5 years, called me old fashioned but i just want my last truck to be how i want it and having a gearstick and clutch are top of my list

chaversdad:
Just personal choice really, i.ll be ordering a new truck around december time and this will be the last one i buy before i call it a day, the intention being to basically run it until it falls apart, i.ve had many trucks over the years but i.ve never had the perfect spec for my job, one of the things i dont like about autos is tbey get a bit sloppy and clunky after 4 or 5 years, called me old fashioned but i just want my last truck to be how i want it and having a gearstick and clutch are top of my list

Having driven a 56 plate FH for the last 5 Years I haven’t noticed any deterioration in the gearbox function, and obviously from my posts here I’m a bit of a fan of the Ishift and Optidrive, gearbox,

but wanting a manual for personal choice is a good enough reason, especially as it’s your money, :wink: I hope you find the spec of truck you’re looking for. :smiley:

chaversdad:
As above looks like the only manual options are Daf and Scania, anyway back on topic :blush: :smiley:

you can still get a Volvo fh, man and Iveco with a manual

big al st:

chaversdad:
As above looks like the only manual options are Daf and Scania, anyway back on topic :blush: :smiley:

you can still get a Volvo fh, man and Iveco with a manual

You cant get a 540 volvo with a manual and MAN dont offer a manual over 480hp or do a tag axle ,Oh and i.ll give the Iveco a miss thanks :wink:

Can see where your coming from. Suppose the best thing to do is ring Renault, with your requested spec and see what they say…

Also if a manual is available. What’s it gonna be like? Assuming they use a volvo box and cable shift, it could get sloppy in a few years…

Edit, let’s hope it’s a volvo box, and not Renault’s slap over box…

Hi
Was supposed to have T demo couple of weeks back , but unfortunately PTO failed to work, waiting for replacement booking.
With ref to lack of RHD flat floor due to previous Magnam sales is is stupid as the Magnam was an individual stand alone product. Me thinks Volvo propping up sales of more expensive FH4 that has less warranty and no inclusive service package.
This is first time I have seriously considered Renault for my next purchase to replace current 2015 FH4, which has not been without problems and Volvo want over £800 for Gold contract from month 24 .
But I would not consider downsizing from Globetrotter XL to small T, so it would be back to DAF SSC or next generation Scania although wouldn’t be surprised if Scania drop included service packages with new model.

Macker1999:
Hi
Was supposed to have T demo couple of weeks back , but unfortunately PTO failed to work, waiting for replacement booking.
With ref to lack of RHD flat floor due to previous Magnam sales is is stupid as the Magnam was an individual stand alone product. Me thinks Volvo propping up sales of more expensive FH4 that has less warranty and no inclusive service package.
This is first time I have seriously considered Renault for my next purchase to replace current 2015 FH4, which has not been without problems and Volvo want over £800 for Gold contract from month 24 .
But I would not consider downsizing from Globetrotter XL to small T, so it would be back to DAF SSC or next generation Scania although wouldn’t be surprised if Scania drop included service packages with new model.

Many people have the same thoughts Macker about the Magnum/T High but I possibly couldn’t comment :wink: I think we (Renault) are one of the only manufacturers to still offer 2 years Warranty and R+M on new tractor units, this helps subsidise 3/4/5 year deals when we quote especially against Volvo.

There are actually a few campaigns out at the moment if you speak to your local dealer and qualify, that are supporting R+M contracts. For a quote I’m doing at the moment I can include 3 years R+M in the deal (relatively low mileage customer) or subside a 5 year contract. At an educated guess our subsidised 5 year R+M compared to Volvo Gold for the same period would be many thousands cheaper overall for this customer.

Bit of a thread bump, but Renault have announced that the flat floor version will be available from 2018 in RHD format.

chaversdad:

A mate eventually bought his first Scania Auto tractor last year after years of bad mouthing the concept without ever driving one. He has about a dozen tractor units.

'Have you at last given into the advantages of Auto, economy and otherwise?" I asked him.

“No… but the bustards want to charge me a few grand for the now optional extra manual box !!” …he replied with indignation although he seems happy enough with it today.

philgor:
Bit of a thread bump, but Renault have announced that the flat floor version will be available from 2018 in RHD format.

Renault finally launches right-hand drive Range T High

Good spot Philigor, but it sounds like they are definitely preparing buyers for a premium price for the big cab in that article.

If image is a priority as they said I wonder how much extra will it cost?

philgor:

I wonder if it will include the full spec longer dashboard offered on the LHD models?
I see one of the Scottish dealers was/is selling an ex-demo 4x2 LHD one, wonder if they’ve been doing a bit of market research?

Hurryup&wait:

philgor:

Good spot Philigor, but it sounds like they are definitely preparing buyers for a premium price for the big cab in that article.

If image is a priority as they said I wonder how much extra will it cost?

Will probably go cheap enough as a 3+ year old used though still.